Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:08:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merchant Advice - Accepting Bitcoin Payments? (+Wordpress & Opencart CMS)  (Read 1398 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:44:12 PM

At the moment I am planning/working on a number of projects. I would like some advice on any of the platforms listed below in regards to accepting Bitcoin payments and general extension type stuff that might come in handy. It is clear cryto currencies in general are in need of more merchants trading with coins so hopefully I can contribute a number of new services for those who want to start using coins beyond commodities. I should also add that accepting alternative coins is also worthy of a mention, I hope to accommodate for crypto-currencies in all future projects too. I will list the 3 major platforms I will be developing with, all using separate domains for each project and all requiring slightly different features. If you use any of the below then Demo's will provide some useful insight, I would definitely like to see how you guys have allowed for coin trade in your own projects.

Non-CMS
At the moment I have a self managed portfolio website, nothing much but I might start selling digital goods and design related items through a mini store. I am not to worried to much about this project in terms of accepting coins however if you wish to recommend useful code/payment gateways that will allow me to accept Bitcoin then great and I will integrate.

Wordpress.org
This project will allow premium(payed) user sign ups, Paypal will already be set up however it would also be great if I can somehow allow coin payment for premium membership. I am curious about what WordPress extensions and gateways might be suitable? I realize this is a very general question but if you are a WordPress user I would appreciate your feedback, any good Bitcoin's extensions will do.
*Edit: I should add that this project will be a service created specifically for Bitcoin (& alt) users so extensions for this project will be especially helpful. This is top secret at the moment so don't ask lol Cool.*

Opencart
I plan on creating a designer apparel label and I will use the Opencart CMS to manage the apparel items, affiliates, coupons and so on. This will be an eCommerce project so ideally I would like to allow payments in coins, also the ability to cycle through currencies automatically converting the prices would be useful.

I will not exclude the possibility of hiring for specific extensions to be made for these projects too, I will exhaust other existing possibilities first hence why I am looking for your advice. I will probably look more into hiring at a later stage, at the moment I am interested in the possibilities available now and in the near future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:26:13 PM

If you like control and you know PHP perhaps you can use my Bitcoin Dev Kit for PHP library (also known as Bitcoin Web Kit) http://bitcoindevkit.com
here is how you generate an address: http://bitcoindevkit.com/examples/example1.php
there are also receipt functions that will input and out product ids to the receipt along with doing datachecksums for you to verify data integrity to the receipt and best of all it doesn’t need a database to track receipts Smiley
aantonop

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 03:30:55 AM

OpenBitcoinStore

OpenBitcoinStore is a community project to deliver a turn-key bitcoin-enabled Wordpress/Woo retail store, entirely for FREE, including free hosting. The first four beta testers have started testing stores.

The project has already achieved the goal of delivering a working store in less than an hour for free, for anyone. Now, it's about automating it so that a hundred thousand bitcoin retail stores can bloom!

Please join us here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=161264.0;all

I need more volunteers: beta testers, sysadmin/devops (heroku, git, WP), front-end designers and donations to enable community funded tech support for the store owners.

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: