Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:34:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: As we watch Bitcoin's price being manipulated, a little history...  (Read 1589 times)
Severian (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:14:35 PM

"The powers of financial capitalism had a far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences."

Tragedy and Hope, Carroll Quigley, 1966

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
antibanker

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:22:49 PM

of course the Rothschild jews were party to that scheme
Severian (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:25:14 PM

of course the Rothschild jews were party to that scheme

Your obsession with Jews is as vile as the Neocon obsession with Muslims. Kindly crawl in a hole and die.

Thanks.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:25:36 PM

Would this be the "invisible hand" my government and history classes keep referring to?

Severian (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:27:58 PM

Would this be the "invisible hand" my government and history classes keep referring to?

The "invisible hand" of Adam Smith is the cumulative effect of humans in the marketplace looking out for their own self-interest. It's actually quite visible. : )

The "invisible hand" of Central Banking is only invisible because mass media and our political classes are paid to ignore it.
JimmiesForBitcoins

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:07:22 AM

The "invisible hand" of Central Banking is only invisible because mass media and our political classes are paid to ignore it.
Paid to ignore what?

Are you sure aliens aren't involved? Because that's much more exciting.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 04:23:36 AM

Paid to ignore what?

Are you sure aliens aren't involved? Because that's much more exciting.

I have it on good authority that they are.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Severian (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:52:52 AM

Television got filled with so much stupid they had to create Youtube for extra storage space.
JimmiesForBitcoins

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 05:34:39 AM

Television got filled with so much stupid they had to create Youtube for extra storage space.
I would hire that guy just to follow me around, look confident, and ask provocative questions that are completely off in left field somewhere.

"Would you like to try our daily special?"

"Did you know, the Cherokee Indians have a local rumor that the idea of the daily special came from when their hunters would bring home a thunder bird? It's been suggested by some scientists that thunder birds were actually pterodactyls. There's very good evidence to support this, but the CIA doesn't want you to know about it for fear that it would cause mass hysteria due to the implications it would have for our view of history."

I would then soak up the awkward silence.
Severian (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 05:42:08 AM

People that don't know how to assimilate information often see much of life as coming from left field.

I gather that you're one of those unfortunates.
JimmiesForBitcoins

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:39:24 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 11:56:16 AM by JimmiesForBitcoins

People that don't know how to assimilate information often see much of life as coming from left field.

I gather that you're one of those unfortunates.
Elaborate your intent.

Edit: Derp, you're OP. Didn't realize.

I imagine you're implying that I do not recognize the existence of conspiracies. You would be mistaken. I just don't particularly care to spend my time trying to connect too many of the dots. I have more preferable things to be doing, and the existence of dots does not bother me all that much. There have always been dots and there will always be dots. I will do me, you will do you, and the world will be different as a result of our existence. Either better or worse, depending upon the choices we make.

Evil men can conspire to do evil things all they like. I can conspire too. I'm conspiring with government officials to learn how to start my own local, fiber based telecom at some point in the future. I'm conspiring to help my friends earn a bit of money online so they can have more financial freedom. I'm conspiring with advertisers to get more clients. I do all sorts of conspiring.
Severian (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:52:32 PM

I imagine you're implying that I do not recognize the existence of conspiracies. You would be mistaken.

There are many people, younger ones and older ones, that are unaware. Bitcoin exists in the first place as a weapon to defend against those conspiracies of the few against the many. Some of those people that are just learning about Bitcoin have no historical context in which to place its existence. Historians like Quigley have helped to lay the groundwork for the existence of Bitcoin by exposing the workings of the machine we're defending against. Whoever developed Bitcoin is obviously quite aware of some of that history.

In the future, I'd humbly ask that you not conflate history and the quoting of historians as "aliens".

I'm conspiring with government officials to learn how to start my own local, fiber based telecom at some point in the future. I'm conspiring to help my friends earn a bit of money online so they can have more financial freedom. I'm conspiring with advertisers to get more clients. I do all sorts of conspiring.

I'm glad my original assessment of you was wrong. You know what's up. Carry on with your conspiracy to create a better life for those around you.
JimmiesForBitcoins

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:46:40 PM

There are many people, younger ones and older ones, that are unaware. Bitcoin exists in the first place as a weapon to defend against those conspiracies of the few against the many. Some of those people that are just learning about Bitcoin have no historical context in which to place its existence. Historians like Quigley have helped to lay the groundwork for the existence of Bitcoin by exposing the workings of the machine we're defending against. Whoever developed Bitcoin is obviously quite aware of some of that history.
Its design can stand on its own merits. Even people who are completely blind to the machinations of the politically wealthy are naturally pushed toward using that weapon against them, without even realizing it. That is the brilliance of Satoshi; he didn't rely on agreements, understandings, or authorities. He appealed to only two things. Physical laws of mathematics and human nature. The rest naturally follows. All it takes is time and letting capitalism run its course. Capitalism always finds a way.

In the future, I'd humbly ask that you not conflate history and the quoting of historians as "aliens".
It is not my intent to conflate anything, I just like making random pop-culture references.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: