Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:13:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-04-10 Bloomberg Businessweek - Meet the Bitcoin Millionairres  (Read 798 times)
kiko (OP)

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:24:09 PM

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-04-10/meet-the-bitcoin-millionaires

The surge in a Bitcoin’s value has made millionaires out of people who loaded up on them early on—however briefly. Many of them are self-described libertarians, drawn by the idea of a currency that exists outside the control of governments. Some were so taken with the concept that they launched Bitcoin businesses, such as exchanges where people can buy the coins or exchange them for dollars.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:35:40 PM

The surge in a Bitcoin’s value has made millionaires out of people who loaded up on them early on—however briefly. Many of them are self-described libertarians, drawn by the idea of a currency that exists outside the control of governments. Some were so taken with the concept that they launched Bitcoin businesses, such as exchanges where people can buy the coins or exchange them for dollars.
Wow, Bitcoin really needs a PR department to help people craft what they say to the press so they do not come off like some NBA players on twitter.   Please be careful with your quotes (remember they are not going to use the 20 smart things you say, only the one slip up you make) for their goal is to make you sound greedy, crooked or strange.   
That "Bitcoin's Jesus" spent time in jail for selling explosives as "retribution" from a government that feared the 2% of votes he got in an election -- even makes a rabid supporter like me cringe.

kiko (OP)

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:19:37 PM

Wow, Bitcoin really needs a PR department to help people craft what they say to the press so they do not come off like some NBA players on twitter.   Please be careful with your quotes (remember they are not going to use the 20 smart things you say, only the one slip up you make) for their goal is to make you sound greedy, crooked or strange.   
That "Bitcoin's Jesus" spent time in jail for selling explosives as "retribution" from a government that feared the 2% of votes he got in an election -- even makes a rabid supporter like me cringe.

Yo. Back the f**k up!

Charlie, Roger, Jered and Yifu have all done great things for the bitcoin community. They are passionate people. Wealthy from their convictions; they have no need to hold their tongue. None of these quotes were taken out of context.

'NBA players on twitter'? I think all of these guys would take exception to that. 

You are acting as if in the middle of being interviewed, Roger piped up and said "By the way, if you're looking for dirt, I have a firearms conviction that you could use to slander me."
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:06:38 PM

Yo. Back the f**k up!

Charlie, Roger, Jered and Yifu have all done great things for the bitcoin community. They are passionate people. Wealthy from their convictions; they have no need to hold their tongue. None of these quotes were taken out of context.

'NBA players on twitter'? I think all of these guys would take exception to that. 

You are acting as if in the middle of being interviewed, Roger piped up and said "By the way, if you're looking for dirt, I have a firearms conviction that you could use to slander me."
Yifu probably make the most professional statement in the interview that protects this and projects a PROFESSIONAL, LONG TERM vision.   Speaking about how much you have made, and how much you are worth does not benefit.   As the reader, how am I to know anything about "what they have done" other than the line they are quoted FOR?   That is why they should release short statements with the message they want attributed to them.   Read it again from view of someone who has NO idea what bitcoin is.   
You should really figure out what the word slander means too because you seem to have NO IDEA.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: