Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:20:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: All about mining  (Read 662 times)
xyts (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:00:27 PM

Can someone help me how this works? Im new here. But I have a slight background about bitcoin.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:00:46 PM

Can someone help me how this works? Im new here. But I have a slight background about bitcoin.
Well in very short way, you are using your hardware computing power to calculate hashes of new transaction blocks. If you are the one to find new block (correct hash) you are rewarded currently by 12,5 bitcoin.
Reality is mining is professional business now, no entry for amateurs sorry :/
pacifista

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 12:57:05 AM

Please be specific,cloud mining site or mining on your laptop? Well both them will not give you profit. Mining on your laptop is only profitable when your electricity is free. My advice for you is do not try those two,theres a lot of ways on how to earn bitcoin.
Snub

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:25:30 AM

Please be specific,cloud mining site or mining on your laptop? Well both them will not give you profit. Mining on your laptop is only profitable when your electricity is free. My advice for you is do not try those two,theres a lot of ways on how to earn bitcoin.

mining using laptop is still not profitable even you have free electricity, you wouldn't be able to mine bitcoins that worth anywhere near the cost of your laptop because you might break it in few days or weeks if you use it on mining though it might become profitable if you use it in alt coin mining, but that is a long shot to take
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 03:55:00 AM

mining using laptop is still not profitable even you have free electricity, you wouldn't be able to mine bitcoins that worth anywhere near the cost of your laptop because you might break it in few days or weeks if you use it on mining though it might become profitable if you use it in alt coin mining, but that is a long shot to take

Yeah, mining definitely increases the chance for hardware failure as you are constantly putting your hardware through rigorous loads which causes more heat which can lead to hardware failures. Its really not worth mining unless you have dedicated mining hardware at this point anyhow.
canah17

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 09:52:33 AM

Hey.. Mining is very difficult my friend its not for you if you use laptop i will explain it to you now. so starting by the mining its a long process i know its profitable it depends on how fast it goes but really if you use laptop it ain't gonna go for 24 hours because laptop is just only for coding and posting in this forum but if you want mining please use the computer or PC that you will have mining and it can stand 24 hours or more and that you will have the profitable chance on earning but the biggest problem is the electricity you must have free electricity or lesser tax of electricity because the PC will eat up electricity as big as you can earn in mining Cheesy so i recommend you to post in this forum and earn then if you get more and more rich in bitcoin then you will go mining Cheesy
sedrick

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 11:52:50 AM

Hey.. Mining is very difficult my friend its not for you if you use laptop i will explain it to you now. so starting by the mining its a long process i know its profitable it depends on how fast it goes but really if you use laptop it ain't gonna go for 24 hours because laptop is just only for coding and posting in this forum but if you want mining please use the computer or PC that you will have mining and it can stand 24 hours or more and that you will have the profitable chance on earning but the biggest problem is the electricity you must have free electricity or lesser tax of electricity because the PC will eat up electricity as big as you can earn in mining Cheesy so i recommend you to post in this forum and earn then if you get more and more rich in bitcoin then you will go mining Cheesy

From your post I understand that mining needs a lot electricity but I'm a beginning to btc and still learning abut this. So at this stage I do not consider to mining and other things but do you suggest to just post a lot as I can to start earning or when will it will be the right time for me to start earning....
zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 11:58:38 AM

If you have a slight background in bitcoin than you will know that mining in places with less than 0.10 USD/kwat with an Antminer S9 is not profitable. If you are in a place where electricity is cheaper than I recommend mining with an Antminer S9 from bitmain.

Also if your electricity is expensive than the best option is to mine with A4 Dominator litecoin miner with 250 Mhash and only 400 Watt energy consuming.

Cloud mining stay the hell away. You can mine in your desktop with your GPU if you have any good Radeon card like R9 390 but profitability is much less compared to mining with a proper device.

These are the options for mining. Read more in the Mining section of the forum.
chmod777

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 09:45:28 PM

Hi,

Welcome to the Bitcointalk forum.

You can start by reading the articles in the Mining section of our forum. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=14.0
I would also recommend reading in the mining department on this site. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining
Finally, it will help you in the videos there. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bitcoin+mining

Good luck
Shendelzare_Silkwood-

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 08:03:13 AM

Well in very short way, you are using your hardware computing power to calculate hashes of new transaction blocks. If you are the one to find new block (correct hash) you are rewarded currently by 12,5 bitcoin.
Reality is mining is professional business now, no entry for amateurs sorry :/
The number of Bitcoins generated per block starts at 50 and is halved every 210,000 blocks (about four years).
amateur has no entry ? , what do you think if he have money for solo minings with many hardware ? , it will be profitable

wh04m1

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:46:26 PM

Mining is no longer making money for small entrepreneurs. It is not possible to earn even the electricity costs. For technical topics, you can check out the mining section of the forum. Altcoin mining may be more profitable as an alternative.
coynedterm

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:51:11 PM

Mining is no longer making money for small entrepreneurs. It is not possible to earn even the electricity costs. For technical topics, you can check out the mining section of the forum. Altcoin mining may be more profitable as an alternative.
Yeah , And I think you need to understand some ideas to make some bitcoin profit from mining .
If you are very strictly wanted to mine bitcoin then you should start with your pc .
Go to github and use code to make mining in your pc , you can find many topics at google to start mining at pc , Hope you understand .
If you learned that the procedure of mining to use in pc , then go in cybercafe ( nearby area computer shop ) and attach  your mining software with those pc , and make some better amount of profit .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████