A Heroin Store

<< < (29/30) > >>

whydifficult:
Yep,

It appears the original reply by altoid has been deleted, though it was quoted multiple times:

Quote from: ShadowOfHarbringer on January 30, 2011, 08:09:37 PM

Quote from: Nefario on January 30, 2011, 06:30:07 AM

(probably berried in the desert or in a forest)

Somehow, I'm seeing tremendous increase of popularity of forest sightseeing ;)

Quote from: altoid on January 29, 2011, 07:44:51 PM

What an awesome thread!  You guys have a ton of great ideas.  Has anyone seen Silk Road yet?  It's kind of like an anonymous amazon.com.  I don't think they have heroin on there, but they are selling other stuff.  They basically use bitcoin and tor to broker anonymous transactions.  It's at http://tydgccykixpbu6uz.onion.  Those not familiar with Tor can go to silkroad420.wordpress.com for instructions on how to access the .onion site.

Let me know what you guys think

So here we go, first Bitcoin drug store.
We're going into deep water faster than i thought then.

I wonder how long will it take for govs to start investigating Bitcoin.

Interesting to read back on the conversation that happened two and a half years ago, and to see how much has changed since.

Timo Y:
Quote from: coretechs on October 02, 2013, 05:26:01 PM

The Silk Road criminal complaint references this thread -  http://www.scribd.com/doc/172764080/Ulbricht-Criminal-Complaint  (page 25)

Post #71 quotes a deleted post by a user "altoid" referenced in the complaint.  I wonder if the thought experiment discussions in this thread inspired the creation of the Silk Road...

Ugh. The thought makes me shudder.

Back then this forum was a more innocent place, full of dreamers discussing what at the time felt like improbable scenarios out of a William Gibson novel.  I was really taken by surprise how soon this fantasy became reality, how soon this whole bitcoin experiment became serious fucking business.  Very surreal to read this thread in retrospect.   At least it's nice to see that my predictions were right :)

MoonShadow:
Quote from: Timo Y on October 09, 2013, 09:27:53 PM

At least it's nice to see that my predictions were right :)

I question that.  I see the Feds arrest a guy that lived with roomates, and couldn't really afford a car.  One who walked to a internet cafe to access the website for maintaince issues.  And yet, the feds say this guy is the one in charge (among at least six admins) and claim that he is the owner of an $80 million encrypted bitcoin wallet that they can't seem to break into.

I, for one, think that this guy was an employee.  While he wasn't starving, he certainly didn't act like a guy that had access to 80 million dollars in an untaxable format.

Maidak:
Quote from: MoonShadow on October 09, 2013, 09:46:13 PM

I question that.  I see the Feds arrest a guy that lived with roomates, and couldn't really afford a car.  One who walked to a internet cafe to access the website for maintaince issues.  And yet, the feds say this guy is the one in charge (among at least six admins) and claim that he is the owner of an $80 million encrypted bitcoin wallet that they can't seem to break into.

I, for one, think that this guy was an employee.  While he wasn't starving, he certainly didn't act like a guy that had access to 80 million dollars in an untaxable format.

Where did you get this information from? I haven't read anything and am curious on where you pulled the info up about his personal life.

MoonShadow:
Quote from: Maidak on October 15, 2013, 12:26:05 AM

Quote from: MoonShadow on October 09, 2013, 09:46:13 PM

Where did you get this information from? I haven't read anything and am curious on where you pulled the info up about his personal life.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/10/how-the-feds-took-down-the-dread-pirate-roberts/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page