Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:55:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me find my online wallet  (Read 434 times)
DomainMagnate (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 10:59:10 PM

This may sound ridiculous to you but I have a very stupid request here.
Recently I joined a signature campaign and during applying for it I picked up bitcoin address which I had in my profile.
I assumed that address belongs to blockchain.info web wallet so after I got payment I checked my blockchain.info account but to my shocked that address doesn't belongs to my blockchain wallet.
Now I don't remember having signed up for any other online wallet.
The address is 1HWo8p2cCguVZvLMkDLDartovS3E19zM2V
Can anyone find me which wallet it belongs to?and if it is from blockchain, why can't I find it?
I searched the forum and found that I have also staked this address when I was a newbie.
Anyone help me find this will be gifted 0.001 btc from me as a token of appreciation Smiley
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 11:06:41 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2017, 11:24:51 PM by Jhanzo

Have you tried entering the address in the search box on blockchain.info address page?  Since you were able to sign[1] I'd guess your address is from the old wallet and was imported to the new one, so it should be under the imported addresses section.

Also try looking in the Archived Addresses section[2].

Edit:
And "Used Addresses"[2] section under normal wallets.  Works funny and sometimes lists addresses that you never even used for sending.

Edit2:
Just to clarify.
[1] I meant sign a message.
[2] The addresses in those 2 sections won't appear when you used the search box.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
Superzpay

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 11:08:35 PM

The first thing is that you need to move this topic to inline wallets section which is made for posts like that.

For your help I think you have not checked the whole addresses like if you have got some amount to your address then remember that your address has changed automatically so go to addresses on your account and open active address you may find there and if you have not received any amount at that address and still it is not available at the account which you are going to check then it is from another account.

Edit:
I found that you have 0.025 at that address then you can apply my first advise for searching the address in the block chain account.

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8180

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 11:29:28 PM

Why not go back to the thread where you learned how to sign the message with that address and see if it twigs your memory as to which program or service you used to get the address.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1292107
DomainMagnate (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 08:59:57 PM

Have you tried entering the address in the search box on blockchain.info address page?  Since you were able to sign[1] I'd guess your address is from the old wallet and was imported to the new one, so it should be under the imported addresses section.

Also try looking in the Archived Addresses section[2].

Edit:
And "Used Addresses"[2] section under normal wallets.  Works funny and sometimes lists addresses that you never even used for sending.

Edit2:
Just to clarify.
[1] I meant sign a message.
[2] The addresses in those 2 sections won't appear when you used the search box.
Where can I find Archived Addresses and Used Addresses option in my blockchain wallet?

Why not go back to the thread where you learned how to sign the message with that address and see if it twigs your memory as to which program or service you used to get the address.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1292107

Yes I checked this thread and even checked my post in "Stake your address here" thread in Meta but I still believe it was a blockchain.info as I was not aware of any other wallet at that time.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 03:35:11 AM

Where can I find Archived Addresses and Used Addresses option in my blockchain wallet?
Go to setting > addresses you will see list of your imported addresses and archived addresses. If you want to use archived addresses than you can unarchive them anytime you want. I also think that your address belong to blockchain.info wallet, but as they also allow you to create multiple wallets with same email try to search your email inbox for blockchain.info wallet you may see two welcome messages from them because you may have created two wallets using same email before. Check both or all wallets you may have in blockchain.info..Good luck
DomainMagnate (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2017, 10:27:48 AM

I also think that your address belong to blockchain.info wallet, but as they also allow you to create multiple wallets with same email try to search your email inbox for blockchain.info wallet you may see two welcome messages from them because you may have created two wallets using same email before. Check both or all wallets you may have in blockchain.info..Good luck
Great! why this never occurred to me?Yes you are absolutely right.It belongs to blockchain.info but to a different wallet with same email.I searched the email again with "blockchain" and found another email wallet id.
I checked the wallet and yes I found my 0.025 btc Smiley
Thanks for all of you.Mobnepal please send me your btc address
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: