Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:49:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Black Arrow Prospero X-1 Bitcoin Miner with LCD  (Read 560 times)
buckrogers (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 06:16:03 AM

Hi, Im looking for this older 100GH miner to play with.

Black Arrow Prospero X-1 Bitcoin Miner with LCD

Honestly not loking to spend a lot of money for it, but if you have one lying around and it still works good, let me know what you want for it.

thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:13:38 PM

Honestly not loking to spend a lot of money for it, but if you have one lying around and it still works good, let me know what you want for it.

thanks!

The last person I saw to have one of these was HolyScott. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35090

http://holybitcoin.com/

The only one I see listed there now has a broken LCD but he may have one laying around.

http://holybitcoin.com/product/black-arrow-prospero-x1/
buckrogers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:28:25 PM

thanks!

The last person I saw to have one of these was HolyScott. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35090

http://holybitcoin.com/

The only one I see listed there now has a broken LCD but he may have one laying around.

http://holybitcoin.com/product/black-arrow-prospero-x1/

Yes, thank you I saw that:

"Last Black Arrow X1 – NO LCD!! Broken Fan Blade – Vibrates,  Boots to config Screen, Won’t Mine, Needs Firmware Update. Sold AS IS Dead Broken Unit for Parts or Repair – NO WARRANTY! NO RETURNS!"

I'd have to pass on that one though Smiley

but thanks for the link!

jacobmayes94

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 05:27:31 PM

personally given the fire risk of some of the black arrow units, i wouldn't bother XD
buckrogers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 07:37:02 PM

personally given the fire risk of some of the black arrow units, i wouldn't bother XD

Yes I am familiar Smiley

Although, I have a few friends who have this particular unit, and I liked it when I went by Smiley

Still looking for one in good shape.

thanks!

QuentinA

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 10:02:08 PM

I had 2 hashing for about 4 months uninterupted, silent, stackable up to 2 units (the ait exhaust is about 2-3° above ambient so exhaust from miner 1 can be input from miner 2) and absolutely no fire hasard, it was on the x3 units with the first gen boards iirc, something about a capacitor blowing up due to crappy design.

No risk with these.

PS : you have a full version of Android on witch you can install snake, your emails and all for the lulz

telegram @HaroldFTW
btc escrow - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5156456
3FxaFD37d5SA98sy8t8kkXs3MonwknEziK
Berilac

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:04:17 AM

Hello!

I found an Arrow Prospero X-1 miner on one of the classifieds websites in my country and got to the idea to buy it. Do you believe it is still worth to buy as of the end of june 2017?

By using an online calculator I managed to determine that the electricity costs per month will increase with about 7 USD if permanently connected, while I would generate about 3-4 USD per month in BTC (at current market price).

I see that I am not in profit with the current situation, but if BTC will still increase in price in a few month, I guess I could recover the loss and maybe get some profit, too.

To make it short: for me it seems to be a "little risk" investment as I could loose some money, but not that much. But I have not experience in mining (this is my first time investigating the mining stuff) and I am not sure if: 1) I investigated correctly; 2) the information I got to really are correct; 3) what to do if something goes wrong (the hardware fails, fire security, etc.). By the way, do you have some suggestions regarding whether I could store it somewhere else than my home? I feel like not safe to keep it running at home and my wife wouldn't agree with that.

The miner costs about 85 USD on the local website.

Thank you!
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:14:04 AM

Hello!

I found an Arrow Prospero X-1 miner on one of the classifieds websites in my country and got to the idea to buy it. Do you believe it is still worth to buy as of the end of june 2017?

By using an online calculator I managed to determine that the electricity costs per month will increase with about 7 USD if permanently connected, while I would generate about 3-4 USD per month in BTC (at current market price).

I see that I am not in profit with the current situation, but if BTC will still increase in price in a few month, I guess I could recover the loss and maybe get some profit, too.

To make it short: for me it seems to be a "little risk" investment as I could loose some money, but not that much. But I have not experience in mining (this is my first time investigating the mining stuff) and I am not sure if: 1) I investigated correctly; 2) the information I got to really are correct; 3) what to do if something goes wrong (the hardware fails, fire security, etc.). By the way, do you have some suggestions regarding whether I could store it somewhere else than my home? I feel like not safe to keep it running at home and my wife wouldn't agree with that.

Thank you!

The normal suggestion is to simply buy $85 worth of Bitcoin and hold it as opposed to invest in a miner and try to mine it back.
buckrogers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:54:18 PM

Hello!

Thank you!

Hi,

Well the way I see it is two fold:

If you are looking for a Bitcoin Miner that you want to mine with and try to recoup your investment and make a positive ROI in a certain amount of time, then this may not be the Miner for you. It does (depending on your model) either 100Gh/s or 150Gh/s.

I found 1 a while back from my initial inquiry, and I always liked the fun LCD screen part of it, and wasn't looking to make any profits off of it, as it really isn't going to do much anyway at 100-150GH/s.

As you mentioned "the electricity costs per month will increase with about 7 USD if permanently connected, while I would generate about 3-4 USD per month in BTC (at current market price)."

So you are already mining at a loss, which is not a big deal as a lot of people do that "mining at a loss" playing the market or hoping the price of BTC wil rise etc.

You are also spending about $85 for this miner, so it seems like you already calculated that along with the cost of the miner plus the negative monthly profits, so you won't be seeing an ROI anytime soon.

If you are doing it for the fun factor then sure, $85 investment in something cool to have on your desk as a nice piece to talk about with a funky cool LCD screen may be worth it, and open up other possibilities when discussing Bitcoin with a friend or someone who is not in the know yet. Plus you may be able to sell it in a few years as a museum or collectable piece Smiley

you listed 3 items:

1) I investigated correctly;
Anyone who gives you investment advice, be weary, but in the case of purchasing a miner, - buy what you can afford, and if you dont make any money, be ok with that, or don't invest in one.

2) the information I got to really are correct;
The information is straightforward and you seen to have worked out the math part of it on your own, for calculating profits vs expenditures etc.

3) what to do if something goes wrong (the hardware fails, fire security, etc.).
This has always been a concern for any miner, there is no guarantee for safety on any piece of electronics that may or may not fail and cause an issue. Some are more known to cause issues that others, and that is well noted. As mentioned in a previous post that was with a different model of the prospero than this one.  No one will tell you it will be safe to run, if they do, then you should find a new source to speak to.
As far as running it at your home or at the office or a different location, you need to weigh out your safety factors and what is more important to you.

Is running an $85 miner that runs at a loss that can potentially cause an issue worth running at home where you and your family live?
Does paying for a location to run this particular miner make financial sense as you are already running it at a loss if you purchase it.

I feel like not safe to keep it running at home and my wife wouldn't agree with that.

Seems like you already answered your question there. So if you have the option to run the miner at another location and you can afford to do so, then that might be your best bet for your peace of mind and your wife's Smiley

Go with your gut, that always seems to work out in the end.

Thanks!

jekecoin

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 08:15:45 PM

Here you have one http://www.ebay.es/itm/BlackArrow-Prospero-X1-Bitcoin-Miner-100GH/292162215508?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Hard obsoleto                    VPS: Digitalocean                     Cloudmining: Cex.io · EOBOT                    Gambling: Primedice
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: