Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:04:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heisenberg's Uncertain Eyes  (Read 488 times)
morantis (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 11:07:36 AM

Just ran into a fact that I did not know and wanted to share it.  Most people, including me until a few minutes ago have thought that Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle stated that an observed object is changed by the sheer act of observing it.  A practical example is a mirror.  If you are standing facing away from a mirror, it reflects that back of your head.  Looking at the mirror, it reflects your face.  This is because the photons of light bouncing of your body are absorbed differently by your face and the back of your head.  All visible objects are reflecting varied and altered photons of white light and that is why we see color.

The true place where this is all stated is simply called "observer effects".  Heisenberg was referring to these observer effects on the quantum level, where two differing photons of light can actually produce a larger effect.  By observing the quantum level of things you are truly effecting these sub-atomic particles.

Heisenberg was speaking about these effects during the explanation of his uncertainty principle.  The real principle talks about determining the momentum and position of any object.  The principle states that the more precise one of these values is determined, the less precise the other value will be.  Sort of like a GPS app with limited resources.  The more resources it devotes to determining your speed and the less accurate the position and vice versa. 

Bitcoin-wise we are trying to develop a system that will trigger an event any time the balance of an address is queried.  Say there is an address with 1 BTC in it and someone checks the balance in any way.  The second that balance is checked 0.1 BTC is sent to another address.  So far it is not an easy task and the uses are being determined.  Might be a nice add-on to a mixing service.  Any scripted balance checks cause that value to change.  Should keep a script running in circles for eternity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:54:51 PM

You seen the old experiment that impressed Einstein ?
A guy i can't recall tested shooting a lazer or light beam at a plate with lots of holes in it..
Then he looked at the wall and the pattern was on the wall..
Then he looked at the lazer and the pattern was more focused etc. It actually changed !
Looking at it actually changed the wall pattern.

Even more fucked up is years later other scientists took the test even further..
They tested observing the beam after it had left the device but right before it hit the plate.
This according to them showed how the way it was hitting seemed like it was the viewer going back in time and making a change.

Probably the weirdest confirmed scientific experiments i ever heard of.
Which sounds sort of related to what you were talking about.
I probably did a crappy job explaining it though LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 06:52:50 PM

You seen the old experiment that impressed Einstein ?
A guy i can't recall tested shooting a lazer or light beam at a plate with lots of holes in it..
Then he looked at the wall and the pattern was on the wall..
Then he looked at the lazer and the pattern was more focused etc. It actually changed !
Looking at it actually changed the wall pattern.

Even more fucked up is years later other scientists took the test even further..
They tested observing the beam after it had left the device but right before it hit the plate.
This according to them showed how the way it was hitting seemed like it was the viewer going back in time and making a change.

Probably the weirdest confirmed scientific experiments i ever heard of.
Which sounds sort of related to what you were talking about.
I probably did a crappy job explaining it though LOL

sort of lends credence to some other, not so widely tested thoughts 
dylanc

Activity: 243
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 12:04:21 AM

Looks pretty certain to me
morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:49:09 AM

what precisely does that have to do with this thread
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 05:27:38 AM

Well, according to Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, as I understand it, one viewer sees Bryan Cranston as Walter White (above) while another viewer still sees him as Hal (below).

Meanwhile, others still see Bryan Cranston in William "Billy" Cranston.
morantis (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:20:56 AM

Well, according to Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, as I understand it, one viewer sees Bryan Cranston as Walter White (above) while another viewer still sees him as Hal (below).

Meanwhile, others still see Bryan Cranston in William "Billy" Cranston.

the point is not what others see him as, rather that the very act of observing him, he has been forever changed. 
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:53:30 AM

I think the concept behind the heisenberg uncertainty principle is.

The mass of electrons is so low, their orbit can be changed by the mere light reflected off a person's eyes, if a person could directly observe them.

To observe the orbit of electrons we would need a method that didn't interfere with the process.

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: