Bitcoin Forum
December 07, 2016, 08:47:47 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing wallets ... not seeing my BTCs (Mac OS)  (Read 704 times)
marvinmartian

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 09:30:38 PM

Last week I played around with some CPU mining and managed to make a tiny amount of BTCs on this address:

18d8C9PEqF3Mz25YcotLnjJNaGHYx9qesX

Block explorer clearly shows them:

http://blockexplorer.com/address/18d8C9PEqF3Mz25YcotLnjJNaGHYx9qesX

But unfortunately, nothing is showing up in my client.  Here's part of why I think this is.  I did the following:

1.  Created a new user
2.  Started the bitcoin client (which created a new wallet)
3.  Exited the bitcoin client
4.  Made a backup of the wallet created in #2
5.  Copied my OLD wallet.dat from the client that generated the address above into the newly launched client's (#2) directory
6.  Re-launch the bitcoin client

I downloaded all the blocks but am not seeing the BTCs mentioned above.  My client shows 26 connections, 131119 blocks and 0 transactions.  It is also of course showing the correct address above.

I'm not concerned about the 0.05 BTCs.  I am concerned with what I'm doing wrong so that in the future I'll be able to switch wallets and transfer BTCs between wallets properly.

Thanks,

N

"... and the geeks shall inherit the earth."
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
joan

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 10:12:23 PM

Apparently there's an issue with resynching an old wallet with the new blocks.
Try to use the -rescan option at command line.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.