Last week I played around with some CPU mining and managed to make a tiny amount of BTCs on this address:
Block explorer clearly shows them:http://blockexplorer.com/address/18d8C9PEqF3Mz25YcotLnjJNaGHYx9qesX
But unfortunately, nothing is showing up in my client. Here's part of why I think this is. I did the following:
1. Created a new user
2. Started the bitcoin client (which created a new wallet)
3. Exited the bitcoin client
4. Made a backup of the wallet created in #2
5. Copied my OLD wallet.dat from the client that generated the address above into the newly launched client's (#2) directory
6. Re-launch the bitcoin client
I downloaded all the blocks but am not seeing the BTCs mentioned above. My client shows 26 connections, 131119 blocks and 0 transactions. It is also of course showing the correct address above.
I'm not concerned about the 0.05 BTCs. I am concerned with what I'm doing wrong so that in the future I'll be able to switch wallets and transfer BTCs between wallets properly.