Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:34:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [Decentralized Ethereum exchange] IDEX live on Ethereum mainnet  (Read 3178 times)
decentralizedcapital (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 05:58:24 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 06:58:42 PM by decentralizedcapital

IDEX (International Distributed Ethereum Exchange), Decentralized Capital’s new smart contract exchange, is now live on the Ropsten testnet and open for beta testing. We’re looking for as much community feedback as possible, so please come check it out! Here’s what you need to know to get started.

Setting-up Metamask & getting your account funded

• Connecting to the exchange requires access to an RPC, and the easiest way to do this is through metamask. Simply install the metamask plugin and change the network from mainnet to Ropsten testnet (dropdown in the upper left hand corner of metamask).
  • Once you are connected to the testnet you can get testnet eth through Metamask. In the account section click "buy" followed by "go to test faucet" to request eth from the faucet.
  • You can obtain the other three currencies enabled for testing by sending some of this ETH to the following contracts. The contracts distribute 10,000 of each asset per ETH.

BTC.DC: "0x21e645597b16dadf9c1e8701d8bc20fb88314972"

USD.DC: "0xe8da06169d6773e85055e772ea1659e2a74b617e"

REP: "0xe1e3e3a5342ada2d41dabfdb42536f278fb83a44"

Depositing and Trading on IDEX

Now that you have some test currency, you can deposit on IDEX and start trading.

• Connection Settings - Select the “ethereum” dropdown in the navigation bar and ensure your RPC URL is correct. Metamask users type “metamask” in this field. Choose the correct testnet wallet address from the dropdown and click submit.Your wallet is now configured to work with the IDEX interface!
  • Depositing Funds - Navigate to the "wallet" tab (next to "timeline") and deposit the currencies. Note, ETH deposits generate one Metamask pop-up for confirmation, while the other ERC-20 tokens generate two (one to call the approve function on the token contract, and another the deposit function on the IDEX contract).
  • Making Trades - To place a new buy or sell order on the books enter in the price and amount and click "buy" or "sell." To fill an existing order, click on the order in question to populate the trade details, and then click "buy" or "sell."
  • Order Book Changes - The order book will update to reflect your recent order as soon as you submit. When placing a new order it’s immediately available for other customers to fill. When filling an existing order, the order on the books is updated immediately, but you cannot trade again until it has settled on the blockchain.

Testing will run for a couple of weeks to ensure the exchange is stable before deploying to the mainnet. Please send all questions and bug reports (steps to reproduce, screenshots, etc.) to support@decentralizedcapital.com.

DVIP

Lastly, the DVIP sale re-opens today at 1pm eastern! DVIP is an ethereum token-based membership asset that entitles the holder to zero trade fees on IDEX as well as zero/discounted fees on DC Assets. Benefits last through 2019, at which time all DVIP holders will receive an additional $150 in IDEX trade fee credit!

Total supply is capped at 2000, and currently there are 79.41 DVIP are for sale at $225 each. At this price customers trading more than ~$110k on IDEX in the next three years will save money through the purchase of DVIP. When you factor in the $150 credit it takes just $37K in IDEX trades to make DVIP a smart buy! To purchase a membership or learn more please visit our website.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:59:11 PM

IDEX is now live on the Ethereum mainnet. https://medium.com/decentralized-capital/idex-is-live-on-the-mainnet-9d7c52e48889#.srxw4iqdf

Happy trading! Cool
memequiserle

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:44:01 PM

youre site is official ethereum exchanger
why youre develop exchanger not secure, without use Htpps, and more another about secure site

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:03:41 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 10:13:52 PM by decentralizedcapital

youre site is official ethereum exchanger
why youre develop exchanger not secure, without use Htpps, and more another about secure site

IDEX is an Ethereum dapp. You connect to it with the Ethereum blockchain, therefor there is no need for SSL (https) when connecting. SSL actually causes dapps to not work. When you log in to IDEX you do so by connecting your RPC to the interface. There is no sign in at all.

All trades are signed with your private key. It is impossible for IDEX to move user funds without their permission. There is also no central wallet that hold all of the user's funds. The only way to be hacked is to have your keypair compromised. Hope this clears some things up.
crypto_trader#43xzEXrP

Activity: 1589
Merit: 214

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:35:38 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2017, 01:08:41 AM by crypto_trader#43xzEXrP

So high limits. 10 USD for buying and 100 USD for selling.
Please unlock it like yobit.net
I can trade there small amounts with precision in ruble satoshies
and that means there is a real equilibrium price.

Also I have a question. How many confirmations need to deposit ethereum-based tokens?
I see my transaction in ethereum blockchain have (175 block confirmations)
but in idex account balances page I see this tokens is on my wallet balance, not on idex balance.

Your site is working ok and not lagging, and it seems like etherdelta.com
but etherdelta is lagging and for me, I cann't see anything there and maybe there is high limits too.

P.S.:
I didn't working with ethereum blockchain earlier,
so when I saw outgoing transactions - I gone to calculate their confirmations on the site etherscan.io .
But when i did try to do deposit again, i see in idex the message about this system was find my previous transaction from my address.
When I declined it and when I did confirm new deposit for another amount,
then I see another 2 transactions:
First with declined previous transfer:
I see in Input Data: the text Function: approve(address _spender, uint256 _value) ***
and nulled second hash 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
And second transaction is new transfer to do new deposit.
Input Data: Function: approve(address _spender, uint256 _value) ***
Also, I see this transfers go to issuer not to idex wallet,
but after I approve my deposit again, then I see another transfer
with Input Data: Function: depositToken(address token, uint256 amount).
This transfer was been to to idex wallet address.

Now deposit is success and I see funds to my idex account balance.

I think need to do it all automatically (refresh it and confirm) without any refresh action from user,
and without clicks to deposit funds again after some re-logins to idex exchange.

Best regards.

STOP RUSSIAN INVASION OF UKRAINE - SUPPORT UKRAINIAN DEMOS
Contact me in TOX: 653D6C2D13B6DF22C4CB93432586398858A608EE5457624A9A728BE1A9252C5DA12B894C54DB, or just crypto-trader@toxme.io.
Also, WAVES - SCAM! ;(
cryptito

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:33:47 PM

Can explain more on terms of security please? Seems interesting but i know etherdelta is very safe.. What about Idex how does it make trustless?
Fabricus

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:22:28 PM

I like the idea... what about the fees? Basic network fees or do you use a custom token?
Fabricus

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:28:07 PM

Basically I don't understand the concept behind DVip... is this the token to pay the fees that you can use for 0 trading fees if you hold enough of these? Sorry about the noobie questions but I really like the idea so would like to understand Wink
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:58:12 PM

It seems a pretty good ether trading site compared to etherdelta which is quite on the "snail" side in terms of loading. (sometimes ED requires me to reload my browser in number of times just to properly load the buy, sell list). Moreover, what I love the most for IDEX is its design that was made with simplicity in mind. I could say that it can be on par with other exchanges based on the beauty of its user interface. This is nicely done and I hope PoSToken community will transfer their transactions here , so we can test out more of its functionality.
johnleo

Activity: 1414
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:58:40 AM

compare to another exchanger dapp, maybe I will like you soon. Your web is running smooth on my browser and the GUI look simple and clean. Keep that good job dude.
BTC_Torrito

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:21:20 PM

Did anyone already tried to withdraw some tokens from their wallet? I read that a lot of people have problems with that... Also they can, but need to pay first a lot of high fees... (sorry for the FUD, but I just want to be sure).

Thanks for any reply
ninjamofo

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:58:48 AM

Started using idex in January and to be honest was struggling to use the site, slow load times for my location. Past 3-4 weeks the site has improved considerably, it's a great project.
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:54:39 PM

Is it possible to trace all transactions from 1 account?
Someone hacked my wallet and send it to IDEX

No Signature right now...
Daltonik
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 09:00:30 PM
Merited by hugeblack (4)

IDEX has launched a hybrid decentralized exchange based on Polygon. The platform uses the stock glass together with AMM. According to the developers, the Polygon network will reduce the transaction costs of users by 10,000-100,000 times compared to Ethereum.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/idex-to-launch-hybrid-liquidity-decentralized-exchange-on-polygon

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2021, 09:30:24 AM

IDEX has launched a hybrid decentralized exchange based on Polygon. The platform uses the stock glass together with AMM. According to the developers, the Polygon network will reduce the transaction costs of users by 10,000-100,000 times compared to Ethereum.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/idex-to-launch-hybrid-liquidity-decentralized-exchange-on-polygon

I wonder how people will trust them, especially since they suddenly imposed KYC and there was a lot of manipulation of liquidity and trading volumes, which made many people lose their money.

Today we're ready to share that current and new IDEX users will be able to create accounts and get verified for KYC starting Wednesday, July 24, 2019.

Overall, they might be able to have some success because of their past fame but I think it's temporary unless they do something real that makes people think they're good and it will be bad as a long-term investment "not like UniSwap"
In general, is KYC still required for this "decentralized" platform?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Daltonik
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 02:29:16 PM

I wonder how people will trust them, especially since they suddenly imposed KYC and there was a lot of manipulation of liquidity and trading volumes, which made many people lose their money.

Today we're ready to share that current and new IDEX users will be able to create accounts and get verified for KYC starting Wednesday, July 24, 2019.

Overall, they might be able to have some success because of their past fame but I think it's temporary unless they do something real that makes people think they're good and it will be bad as a long-term investment "not like UniSwap"
In general, is KYC still required for this "decentralized" platform?

Here's what I managed to find in their discord channel about KYC as for IDEX3 , they say that there is no such requirement, I also did not find any mention of KYC in the documents on the use of IDEX. https://discord.com/channels/455246457465733130/455246620984868884/914967541917560944

Daltonik
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2021, 04:50:20 PM

IDEX presented roadmap v3, which describes in detail how the team sees the further development of its platform to expand the ecosystem in the near future, explaining its next steps step by step. Fast deposits, referral program, modernization of liquidity extraction, trading competitions, introduction of fiat onramp, integration, swaps, interface improvement, etc.
https://twitter.com/idexio/status/1471938013240434692
https://blog.idex.io/all-posts/idex-v3-roadmap-features-amp-updates
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: