Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:35:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam accusation against EVERYONE who locks their thread and uses only autopay  (Read 1143 times)
Satosher (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 04:13:42 AM

The problem is that peoplepaypal not only give negative trust for scams.
True.Forum doesn't actually care if the particular service is scam or not,they leave it upo the users to decide.Social awareness about such scams is mandatory especially for newbies.
The best possible solution is,do not allow newbies to create threads in Digital Goods section.
That is a very good idea, but change on this forum seems to be nonexistant.  

Can someone school me on what "autopay" is?

Its those hexpay / rckteer etc. bullshit sites where you can put anything for sale and just link those to this forum so you don't have to be in contact with buyer.

That makes scamming easy. Just make thread with full of those links, lock it and spam bump.

E: Okay 3 new names made it to the list..
Satosher (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:07:28 AM

Lets bring it up, seems like someone got scammed by one of those guys..
R00TC0IN

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:25:13 AM

Hi guys.

Don't want to be a part pooper but what about the "real" sellers?

I have only been here a short time but before I joined I had a clear plan on what I was going to sell.

I had written a custom Lending bot for the Poloniex plaform and a trading bot both written in Python.

So I made my post which can be seen here. (Note its not locked or self moderated)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1744380.0

And I have had some good feedback from buyers.  I do have a auto buy link there for when I am offline if a member wants to buy it.
But as you will see from my post its very very hard to get a good reputation.

Some members automatically hit that red trust button without ANY indication that a service is a scam or the people behind it are scammers, This is tarring everyone who signs up with the same brush and to be honest can be quite damaging to the community. I notice that unless you have a hero or high ranking account people just tar all the "noobs" with the same brush.

How can a community and new ideas prosper when they get shot down in flames or get tagged red trust right from the offset?

I do see there are many scams here on the forum and many ponzi fraudsters out there preying on the new members here or taking advantage of them by offering all kinds of crazy doublers ect ect

I hope in time the community can come up with a solution to this major issue that the forum is facing because if we don't find a solution it will tarnish the reputation of good things from the community.

Cheers guys

Rootcoin
Satosher (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:28:22 AM

*snip*

I don't see problem here cause your thread is not locked. Also there is proof of you giving vouch copy to trusted member, which always indicates that the sellers is pretty legit guy, cause he is willing to show that his product is real and not just some random nonsense.
Huge Black Woman

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:32:22 AM

OP, you on point.  I don' ezactly know how these dirt encrusted, banana eatin' chimps find this forum.  They must be signs all over tha bodegas in S. America an' the dam fruit stands in Africa, jist invitin' scammers ta here.  How they fin' out thet scams is allowed up in here?  They must be signs all ova tha world.  Come to BCT an' scam.

I thank newbs ought not ta be allowed ta lock up the threads an' all that baloney shootin' behavio'.  But it seem like they ain't never gon' change.

You go to any otha site, any forum, and they ban yo ass quicker than a fornicatin' bunny rabbit in heat.  This tha only forum thet I seen thet allows scams.  Its a strange ass worl' we livin' in.
R00TC0IN

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:33:13 AM

*snip*

I don't see problem here cause your thread is not locked. Also there is proof of you giving vouch copy to trusted member, which always indicates that the sellers is pretty legit guy, cause he is willing to show that his product is real and not just some random nonsense.

Thanks.

Believe me its been hard to come here with a new idea and product just because of all the issues raised in this topic regarding scams and autobuy nonsense  I was even threatened to hand over the bot or face a barage of red trusts by some members (Long standing with GOOD reputation) So you can see how it can be hard for some people starting out get caught up because of the hypes of scammers and that mind set of "everything new must be a scam"

Root Coin
R00TC0IN

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:39:47 AM

You go to any otha site, any forum, and they ban yo ass quicker than a fornicatin' bunny rabbit in heat.  This tha only forum thet I seen thet allows scams.  Its a strange ass worl' we livin' in.

Unless its a massive honeypot. Smiley
Moritz30

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:15:21 AM

I wouldn't just newbies disallow locking theeads. I would disallow anyone locking their threads and create a report in order to get it locked were the staff also deletes all buy links.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: