Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:03:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitinstant ripping people off  (Read 3630 times)
coinsforme (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:56:11 PM

I sent bitinstant money and the cash never hit MTGOX. Ive sent them a Email but they dont get back to anyone..   after doing a little research ive realized that I am not alone. it appears that Bitinstant is ripping a lot of people off. why does MYGOX continue to support these assholes? I wont be using BITINSTANT OR MTGOX  ever AGAIN!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
limerijf123

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:00:50 AM

i didn't have any problem with them previously.. when did you send them the cash ?
jquinn

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:09:58 AM

I put $50 through bitinstant a few days ago. It took two days to hit my wallet, but that is because I was downloading the block chain on a new computer, the BTCs were there as soon as the chain finished. I deposited that money into Gox and it took a while to hit well after 6 confirmations. That was probably because Gox was (and maybe still is) experiencing DDOS attacks. Can you give us some details on when you ordered and how you got the money to bitinstant? Bitinstant has also seen a huge influx of orders so they may be having trouble keeping up.
limerijf123

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:15:04 AM

The delay may be due to the ddos attack. i mean it definitely is due to the attack. not the first time this is happening. i did the exact same thing as what you did. mtgox servers are currently down .. it was also shown on the news.. so i guess i was lucky as im sure the que is very high at the moment with people freaking out.   Sad
baggage

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:29:03 AM

The delay may be due to the ddos attack. i mean it definitely is due to the attack. not the first time this is happening. i did the exact same thing as what you did. mtgox servers are currently down .. it was also shown on the news.. so i guess i was lucky as im sure the que is very high at the moment with people freaking out.   Sad

Could be.  What I find interesting are quotes such as, "I finally got my bitcoins but I was charged the new high price, so now I have to fill out another support ticket
to get the rest of the coins they owe me."

...and then later after the correction someone else puts, "I finally got my bitcoins. I was hoping I would have got them at the new low price, but bitcoin charged me the
price at the time I bought them."

get the picture?
limerijf123

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:35:25 AM

yeah i get the picture .. how much did you pay for it ?
baggage

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:47:37 AM

yeah i get the picture .. how much did you pay for it ?

that time I paid 160/btc.  I was lucky to have gotten a few at 90/btc the week before.  I want to give them the benefit of the doubt but
everything I'm seeing seems a bit (no pun intended) convenient for them.
limerijf123

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:53:15 AM

holy cow thats expensive ... well, this is why im selling all of my BTC's off. a lot of hassle lately.. and am pretty sure all these ddos attacks aint gonna stop anytime soon ...
jquinn

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:59:46 AM

Well I wouldn't judge BTC's as a whole just because bitinstant or Mt Gox has issues. The BTC experiment is only 4 years old, it's not even a baby yet. It will take time to mature. Personally, I am continually buying up BTCs as a long term investment. Once the market matures and other currencies/banking institutions begin to fail I expect to see a very nice return.
scintill

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 01:01:24 AM

"Ripping off" is too strong as I don't think they are intentionally doing this.  But yes, they have had terrible problems getting orders through lately.  I think you'll just have to hound them through every channel you have.  Email, the chat function on their site, threads here or reddit.com/r/bitcoin.  They are supposed to be monitoring the Official Newbie BitInstant Support Thread (Active Customer Support) so try there if you haven't.

1SCiN5kqkAbxxwesKMsH9GvyWnWP5YK2W | donations
alexh

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:01:31 AM

Is there anybody whose funds got through recently?
scintill

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 01:13:35 AM

In the complaint threads, even recently, there's always people piping up about "got my coins in my wallet before I got home from the cash deposit", but it would be interesting to see proof, with a link to bitinstant order page with timestamps and destination address to verify in the blockchain.

JonathanB72

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:17:06 AM

As other have said, I have had no problem with them thus far.

I've sent a notable amount of money through them multiple times, and they have always delivered within seconds of completing the transfer (literally seconds, kind of creepy to hand over the money at a CVS and have my phone vibrate before I walk outside)...

I hope you can get this fixed soon though. :/
limerijf123

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:19:13 AM

lately everyone's getting dragged ... i cant blame btc in total .. just hope everything returns to normal soon ...
baggage

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:33:29 AM

In the complaint threads, even recently, there's always people piping up about "got my coins in my wallet before I got home from the cash deposit", but it would be interesting to see proof, with a link to bitinstant order page with timestamps and destination address to verify in the blockchain.

That is the best idea I've heard on this forum regarding this issue.
JonathanB72

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:39:13 AM

Here's a link to one of my transactions if it helps you guys...

https://www.bitinstant.com/order_status/29f16b8b-657b-4dc8-90fb-9c387b089a31

Would this work as proof? Or do you need anything else?

And no, I don't work for them, they just seem to always come through for me, and I don't think they deserve all the bad reviews (Albeit they do deserve a sizable portion of them)...
baggage

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 05:30:13 AM

And no, I don't work for them, they just seem to always come through for me, and I don't think they deserve all the bad reviews (Albeit they do deserve a sizable portion of them)...

Thank you, I appreciate your transparency but it is not you that is in question. As Scintill suggested, I think a link to a bitinstant order page with timestamps and destination address to verify in the blockchain would be beneficial (for everyone.)

Does anyone disagree?
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 05:49:36 AM

I sent bitinstant money and the cash never hit MTGOX. Ive sent them a Email but they dont get back to anyone..   after doing a little research ive realized that I am not alone. it appears that Bitinstant is ripping a lot of people off. why does MYGOX continue to support these assholes? I wont be using BITINSTANT OR MTGOX  ever AGAIN!

We are under a heavy support load at present so you may not get a quick reply to emails but we will answer them.

Please open a support ticket at https://bitinstant.ladesk.com and give me the ticket reference here and I will personally check into things.

As for the more general issue of people having issues with price, if your order was delayed and you lost money as a result then open a support ticket and give all the details and we will refund and compensate.
scintill

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 03:08:37 AM

Thank you, I appreciate your transparency but it is not you that is in question. As Scintill suggested, I think a link to a bitinstant order page with timestamps and destination address to verify in the blockchain would be beneficial (for everyone.)

No, this is what I was referring to.  It's not bulletproof, because BitInstant could fudge the timestamps of the order quote time, but I don't think they would.  The BitInstant transaction close time correlates closely with blockchain.info's timestamp, so this looks pretty legit.  Thanks JonathanB72.

For more assurance against sockpuppet pro-BitInstant accounts, we could ask them to sign a message with their destination address, and look at their bitcointalk account history.  BitInstant would have to invest time into making fake transactions and accounts to vouch for themselves.  I'm not that paranoid/cynical though. Wink

NotARobit

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 03:19:42 AM

I used them yesterday without any problems. Dwolla->BTC Address
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: