Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:03:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Choosing Altcoin Mining  (Read 1497 times)
coin revolution (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:35:03 AM

Which altcoin mining is profitable. Zcash has the highest value after Bitcoin when I look at Poloniex site.
How do you decide which you do altcoins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:49:53 AM

You have a rig or you deciding to get one. If GPU then either Zcash or ETH
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:54:19 AM

Profitability of altcoins change all the time. Go to some mining calculator, enter your details and see what is most profitable at the moment and that is what you should mine. Now there are only three viable options, Ethereum, Monero and Zcash.
coin revolution (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 12:30:05 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2017, 08:54:52 AM by coin revolution

Profitability of altcoins change all the time. Go to some mining calculator, enter your details and see what is most profitable at the moment and that is what you should mine. Now there are only three viable options, Ethereum, Monero and Zcash.

Already when we sort the altcoins according to their prices they come out as an alternative.
So how can we predict which altcoin will increase in price.
kurbeks

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 03:22:12 PM

There will be always someone rising and someone dropping. From that perspective it's good to mine with Scrypt ASIC as it can mine 100 and 1 shitcoin. Instead of only 4 coins (GPU) or SHA256 (Bitcoin + some usless crap coins.)
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 12:54:27 PM

There will be always someone rising and someone dropping. From that perspective it's good to mine with Scrypt ASIC as it can mine 100 and 1 shitcoin. Instead of only 4 coins (GPU) or SHA256 (Bitcoin + some usless crap coins.)

Most of coins that are mineabe with script ASIC miners are highly centralized. It's hard to get Scrypt ASIC miner and they are very expensive so developers almost always control majority of coins and manipulate prices
kurbeks

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 01:04:27 PM

Yup they are expensive but for simple people point of wiew - nobody cares who controls what coins. it's either you can make profit or can''t.
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 05:37:31 PM

Which altcoin mining is profitable. Zcash has the highest value after Bitcoin when I look at Poloniex site.

The easiest way is download nice hash miner, it comes with an integrated benchmark tool.
It will calculate your hashrate on almost every kind of algorithm and it will automatically run the most profitable.

Eventually, if you do not like nice hash you can use the benchmark and then download the specific miner and use your favourite pool
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2017, 07:14:57 PM

Already when we sort the sub-coins according to their prices they come out as an alternative.
So how can we predict which subcoin will increase in price.

Answer is really Simple ! You can not predict which coins will increase in price in short term . Week ago bitcoin was close to 1200$ , now is worth 828$ , 4 months ago ETH was over 14$ , now is under 10$ , but went down under 7$ in the past months , zcash was crazy high after it started ,over 1000$ , now is around 40-50$ ...XMR was around 5$ , then is jumped up to 18$ , then back to 10-11$ as of now ...

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
coin revolution (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 09:09:34 AM

Already when we sort the sub-coins according to their prices they come out as an alternative.
So how can we predict which subcoin will increase in price.

Answer is really Simple ! You can not predict which coins will increase in price in short term . Week ago bitcoin was close to 1200$ , now is worth 828$ , 4 months ago ETH was over 14$ , now is under 10$ , but went down under 7$ in the past months , zcash was crazy high after it started ,over 1000$ , now is around 40-50$ ...XMR was around 5$ , then is jumped up to 18$ , then back to 10-11$ as of now ...

So the prices of all the coins including Bitcoin are unpredictable? Do not you have a certain criterion when choosing altcoin?
So which of the altcoins that the majority chose is that we should choose it?
coin revolution (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 09:11:52 AM

The easiest way is download nice hash miner, it comes with an integrated benchmark tool.
It will calculate your hashrate on almost every kind of algorithm and it will automatically run the most profitable.

Eventually, if you do not like nice hash you can use the benchmark and then download the specific miner and use your favourite pool

Which hash miner do you recommend to download?
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 09:40:18 AM

Nicehash miner is the name Smiley
You can directly download the miner from the link below:
https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=gstarted#seller
Hallum

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 09:51:37 AM

I think you have a right answer. Zec is profitable for your mining. it will be possible in mining DASH, ETH...
the important thing is diff and amount of miners join the pool . it also helps us more profitable when choosing altcoin for mining.
kotikadze

Activity: 547
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 05:28:49 PM

Maybe you try ETH+SIA? it turns a more profitable

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[
coin revolution (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 02:03:20 PM

Nicehash miner is the name Smiley
You can directly download the miner from the link below:
https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=gstarted#seller

Yes Smiley Nicehash miner is the name
I thought Nicehash was a mining software type Smiley

I studied the NiceHash system. The cloud is like mining. I prefer mining on my own devices instead of cloud mining.

For now the most logical method is to follow popular altcoins from exchange sites and to mining for these altcoins.
kurbeks

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 09:09:58 PM

Yes. But you don't have to mine there.

They have benchmark too which also calcs most profitable algo for your hardware. Just run it and see. Don't have to mine with that tool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: