Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:14:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I store my Bitcoin in My computer ?  (Read 2395 times)
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 07:14:08 AM

You can store your Bitcoins on your computer using hardware wallet but I.don't know how clever that is. If your computer get infected with some virus or similar your coins will be endangered too.
There is no wallet with absolute protection so to avoid th complete damage I would split the coins in multiple wallets, icluding online, hardware and others.

Well, storing coins on online wallets is even more risky as you do not have the private key and it the Site goes away, all your coins are lost. On the other hand, if you have desktop wallet on your computer and you have saved your private key somewhere like paper etc, then no matter how many times your computer crashes, your bitcoins are safe always.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 11:54:23 AM

Hello Friends..

Can I store my bitcoins in my computer without using any online wallet like coinbase and  Blockchain ? One of my Skype friend told me about it. But he dont know how to do it.
Is it possible?

Yes you can, you can use electrum wallet. If you dont want to use electrum you need to download huge blockchain. More simple way is using paperwallet or brain wallet to store your btc.

For me electrum wallet is the best free PC Bitcoin wallet, but I always advice people especially if your holding is huge to make use of paper wallet for better security.
Yup although it is high risk losing the bitcoins because it is offline wallet and if
we can not do the back up the wallets or forget the private key or the computer is break the bitcoins will be gone,
i think more safe use two kinds of wallets (online and offline wallets).
Kray

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 01:52:05 PM

Hello Friends..

Can I store my bitcoins in my computer without using any online wallet like coinbase and  Blockchain ? One of my Skype friend told me about it. But he dont know how to do it.
Is it possible?

Yes you can, you can use electrum wallet. If you dont want to use electrum you need to download huge blockchain. More simple way is using paperwallet or brain wallet to store your btc.

For me electrum wallet is the best free PC Bitcoin wallet, but I always advice people especially if your holding is huge to make use of paper wallet for better security.
Yup although it is high risk losing the bitcoins because it is offline wallet and if
we can not do the back up the wallets or forget the private key or the computer is break the bitcoins will be gone,
i think more safe use two kinds of wallets (online and offline wallets).

Hardest part using paper wallet is keep your private key safe.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:07:35 PM

Hello Friends..

Is it possible?
Yes you can!
Wallets like Coinbase and Blockchain are web wallets and most of the users don't prefer to use it.
Nice substitute to carry daily transactions along with providing safety to your Bitcoin is web wallet. Try Electrum, considered to be best!
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:31:23 PM

Hello Friends..

Is it possible?
Yes you can!
Wallets like Coinbase and Blockchain are web wallets and most of the users don't prefer to use it.
Nice substitute to carry daily transactions along with providing safety to your Bitcoin is web wallet. Try Electrum, considered to be best!

These days we have got lots of online wallets. People fear of losing through hacking for which hardware and offline wallets were preferred. In my view its better to go with online wallets for the easy access from anywhere which is not possible with offline wallets.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:34:13 PM

yes you can save it. very many sites that provide desktop wallet. but, I guess that all have one thing in common: they are all equally requires an internet connection to access it. I recommend storing them in blockchain, or Coinbase. because it is a trusted wallet to store bitcoin
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:48:07 PM

yes you can, and using a desktop wallet is actually so much better than using one of those web wallets.
check out here: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet also this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631151.0

but remember that the safety of your wallet is only dependent on the safety of your computer. which means you should keep your computer clean, a malicious program such as a key logger can steal your coins easily.

also i suggest learning more about cold storage if you have a large amount of bitcoin.

Your links really are helpful and I have look to it and realize a great storage for my bitcoin that I can try on but I have taken just one each in desktop and with android,

I am now using Bitcoin Core on my desktop that is a full bitcoin client and builds backbone of the network, a high level of privacy, security, and stability but the downside is it could accumulated a lot of space and memory.

and on my android devices I have been using Bitcoin wallet that is secure and fast it is very easy to use and reliable no need for central service for bitcoin related operations.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:55:03 PM

you definitely can store them but you will need to take precautions to avoid a third party from accessing your computer without permission as  access to your wallet might be compromised by keyloggers downloaded unknowingly .
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:00:25 PM

you definitely can store them but you will need to take precautions to avoid a third party from accessing your computer without permission as  access to your wallet might be compromised by keyloggers downloaded unknowingly .
Best practice to avoid all of this future problem you must have a strong password for your desktop wallet and of course an active antivirus like eset nod32 which can detect if when you try to open some malicious link or installed an executable one on your PC. And always update this anti-virus, but even if you have this programs if you're just careless then it's possible that this keylogger can cause problems for you.
Mikkiun

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Hello Friends..

Is it possible?

yes, Of course you can. The wallet is recommended highly in your computer. it's safer than the other online wallet such as blockchain and coinbase.
I always use the bitcoin core wallet in my desktop.

Minexcoin-A new era of payments||ICO||DISCUSSION
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:15:32 PM

Hello Friends..

Is it possible?

as far as I know there's also a offline wallet that you can use to store your bitcoin and you may find it at bitcoin.org but I don't know if it's a hard wallet, light wallet or whatsoever because I am only using a web wallet .
RhodaGila

Activity: 615

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:19:43 PM

Yes of course you can do it buddy. Because this is claimed to be more secure than using an online wallet. It is also called the cold wallet, while for online called hot wallet.
Taken from the site bitcoin wallet here you can use a couple of wallets.
electrum
multibit
bither
copay
bitcoinknots
btcarmory
ciphrex
If you wish to be satisfied with one of the wallet, you try all of them one by one until you find the most suitable and convenient to use by you. While I had been already comfortable with using a wallet made by electrum
whizter

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 07:10:44 PM

You can store your Bitcoins on your computer using hardware wallet but I.don't know how clever that is. If your computer get infected with some virus or similar your coins will be endangered too.
There is no wallet with absolute protection so to avoid th complete damage I would split the coins in multiple wallets, icluding online, hardware and others.

Well, storing coins on online wallets is even more risky as you do not have the private key and it the Site goes away, all your coins are lost. On the other hand, if you have desktop wallet on your computer and you have saved your private key somewhere like paper etc, then no matter how many times your computer crashes, your bitcoins are safe always.
yes online wallet is really to much risky, that can any time hacked, therefore you can also store your bitcoin in your desktop wallet in your computer that is more safe that online wallets. i personally keep my bitcoin in my desktop wallet.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 07:24:57 PM

Try a hardware wallet, the link in my sig can take you to a good one. Stores the coins on a USB stick, the private keys never leave the stick thus it is immune to malware. Keep the 24 word seed safe so you can restore the wallet should it get lost or damaged, you keep the seed on paper. You can use a HW wallet even on a compromised PC safely.

Jacob Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: