Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:06:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 95% lol. No chance. SegWit is now dead.  (Read 11059 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4481

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:57:25 AM

Good job Roger Ver, it looks like SegWit has absolutely no chance at all of getting anywhere near 95%.  I doubt they will ever get over 50%.

SegWit is not Bitcoin.  SegWit is an altcoin.  

I feel it is my duty as a concerned citizen and valuable contributor of the Bitcoin community to declare SegWit dead on arrival.  

I'm a little bit confused about this topic, In my own understanding Segwit is not good to all Bitcoin enthusiast in this industry. Because the number one will  get affect on this matter was the bitcoin community right? or the people who did mine bitcoin using mining rigs is that right? just correct me if I'm wrong,. Smiley

the 'vote' bypassed node USER consent... which is something blockstream DEVS decided on.
also its not about what individual miners choose. but what the POOL managers choose.
yes a couple pools(for individual miners) have 2 stratums to allow individual miners to hop to the stratum for or against segwit. but the real % is based on the managers of the big mining farms.

which is something blockstream DEVS decided on.

dont blame the pools, blame the devs for deciding on who should vote.

as for the end features (if segwit were functional).
segwit features do not fix the issues at activation. it requires users(at a later date) to VOLUNTARILY move funds to segwit keys and only then spend funds to other users of segwit keys, to then DIS-ARM those volunteers from being able to quadratic spam / malleate.

it does not fix the issues for the entire network. nor does it disarm or prevent people sticking with using native keys. thus blocks can still contain quadratic spam and malleated tx's, simply by malicious people not volunteering to move funds to segwit keys

in essense, even after activation.. its a voluntary opt-in gun amnesty. hoping and falsely promising to stop gun crime, but in reality knowing the gangsta's will keep their guns

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:16:18 AM

Right now segwit is slowly losing importance and not completely dead. Bitcoin unlimited gaining strength, so anything could happen in the short. I expect the price concern is the big factor which now people hope is the etf
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:21:45 AM

Right now segwit is slowly losing importance and not completely dead. Bitcoin unlimited gaining strength, so anything could happen in the short. I expect the price concern is the big factor which now people hope is the etf

ETF is separate to bitcoin.
ETF investors are buying shares of a companies 'stock' (collateral holding/product), not actual bitcoins(investors cannot ask for a privkey or withdraw btc from ETF).

there are many companies offering ETF's (the winklvoss twins being one of them)

yea the companies share prices can sky rocket. whereby investors realise that the companies 'collateral holding' is less than the companies speculative sky rocket price.

and thus COULD cause investors to then go and buy real bitcoins elsewhere (thus then affecting the real bitcoin price when they by on real bitcoin exchanges)

but thats all speculation

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:55:43 AM

ETF investors are buying shares of a companies 'stock' (collateral holding/product), not actual bitcoins(investors cannot ask for a privkey or withdraw btc from ETF).

Are you sure?

Gold ETFs allow physical delivery if you own enough. 

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:09:33 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 05:35:59 AM by franky1

Are you sure?

Gold ETFs allow physical delivery if you own enough.  

not part of standard ETF terms. but the specific companies terms/side services

usually what happens is that you buy out a whole "basket" to remove the collateral of the trust to then get delivered.
or the ETF shares are sold, and then real BTC are bought (behind the scenes) via a side subsidiary service that delivers.

but thats just things the COMPANY may have policy/services behind the scenes

but in short.
lets say an ETF spikes to $2000
but real btc exchanges are still $1200

why would anyone buy say 20,000 shares (20 share=1btc equiv), costing $2mill(1000btc equiv).. to use the ETF subsiduary to withdraw that btc and reduce the ETF's collateral or be sold and converted behind the scenes to 'deliver' 1000btc.

where as the investor could sell the 20,000 and then take his $2m to a proper bitcoin exchange. and then buy 1666btc.. instead of 'get delivered' 1000btc

dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 06:29:12 AM

the 'vote' is about BLOCKS not NODES so i see no reason why meur is even trying to fluff the node numbers as they are meaningless

Indeed, if the vote were about nodes, then a sybil attack with 100 000 nodes on Amazon for a day would do.  If consensus is reached by the number of nodes, proof of work wouldn't be necessary.  Anybody can fire up an unlimited amount of nodes to get it his way.

Non-mining nodes do not mean anything.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 07:04:24 AM

real numbers to counter meurs fake numbers

/Satoshi:0.13.2/               1664 (26.11%) where 100% = 6372
/Satoshi:0.13.1/               1323 (20.76%) where 100% = 6372
/Satoshi:0.12.1/               743 (11.66%)    where 100% = 6372
/Satoshi:0.13.0/               382 (5.99%)      where 100% = 6372
/Satoshi:0.14.0/               381 (5.98%)     where 100% = 6372
/BitcoinUnlimited:1.0.0.1/   357 (5.60%)

why is meurs numbers fake you may ask
for instance his numbers
/Satoshi:0.13.2/               1839   37.5% where 100% = 4904
/Satoshi:0.13.1/               1409   28.8% where 100% = 4892.361111
/Satoshi:0.12.1/               740   15.1% where 100% = 4900.662252
/Satoshi:0.13.0/               387   7.9%   where 100% = 4898.734177
/Satoshi:0.14.0/               351   7.2%   where 100% = 4875
/BitcoinUnlimited:1.0.0.1/   173   3.5%   where 100% = 4942.857143

nice fudging of the %%%
major discrepancy in meuhs numbers, because the 100%'s should all equal the same
His numbers aren't fake, your brain is just incompetent enough to figure out where those numbers are from. The numbers are from the 8th of March, from the charts found here: https://bitnodes.21.co/dashboard/

Alternatively, you can also get other numbers from luke-jr: http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/charts/software.html

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:11:03 AM

I love how version 0.14 of Bitcoin is more popular with real Bitcoin users than BU in less than 1 day after release. Funny, 75% of people on Bitcointalk are BU diehards, but they're a tiny proportion of the userbase (~8%). It seems they're just a very noisy minority (and I wonder how many of those nodes all belong to Roger Vermin)

I'm just waiting for the trolls to start shouting "SHEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!1". Don't they realise these "sheep" are the people they're trying to convince? It always works on me when someone insults me to get me to change my mind Smiley

Vires in numeris
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 09:27:00 AM

I love how version 0.14 of Bitcoin is more popular with real Bitcoin users than BU in less than 1 day after release.
Indeed.

Funny, 75% of people on Bitcointalk are BU diehards, but they're a tiny proportion of the userbase (~8%).
In reality, their numbers are even lower. See for example this (less than 2%): http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/charts/software.html

It seems they're just a very noisy minority (and I wonder how many of those nodes all belong to Roger Vermin)
A huge majority of those nodes were cloud based. However, recently they've been replacing those with nodes spread among various networks. Quite an obvious tactic.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Dimelord

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:37:38 AM

Good job Roger Ver, it looks like SegWit has absolutely no chance at all of getting anywhere near 95%.  I doubt they will ever get over 50%.

I feel it is my duty as a concerned citizen and valuable contributor of the Bitcoin community to declare SegWit dead on arrival. 

Yes,95% is not possible now.Only 25% seems to be possible and its of no use.The issue would continue on and on unsolved.Sad to see every one is taking benefit of bitcoin and not trying to solve the issues related to  bitcoin.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:41:01 AM

Yes,95% is not possible now.Only 25% seems to be possible and its of no use.The issue would continue on and on unsolved.Sad to see every one is taking benefit of bitcoin and not trying to solve the issues related to  bitcoin.

It's the consensus protocol, Jim.  But not as we know it...
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 10:55:24 AM

I love how version 0.14 of Bitcoin is more popular with real Bitcoin users than BU in less than 1 day after release.
Indeed.

Not surprising, software updaters won't replace core with BU.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
rajasumi3

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 11:06:06 AM

Its not totally upto community divided .it is die to different opinion of other people .maxwell has a different trick to make it happen but it may be a hard fork , well it does not seem that it Will so much .
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 10:36:14 AM

And we move to the 45% range.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: