Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:59:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Bitcoins With PayPal Site (Now Looking For BETA Testers)  (Read 2564 times)
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2011, 01:33:05 AM

I just bought a domain for my lottery and that didnt work out so that was a waste of money..,

Paypal is going to freeze your accounts, part of their TOS and Usage Agreements is that these type of accounts need to be PRE-APPROVED and their compliance team will not let you sell a currency other than USD or be a currency exchanger

BitInstant.com is currently in negotiations with Paypal to be the exclusive seller of BitCoins. Our developers are working with Paypal to secure a method that will abide by their TOS and reduce chargebacks and fraud.

We will keep everyone updated!

Good luck, but I doubt it is possible with bitcoin's current shaky legal status in the US as well as publicity. I don't think paypal will touch it with a 10 foot pole. I also don't think they are in the business of giving anyone exclusive rights to sell anything. If they allow sales, they will allow it for more than just you. But again, good luck, a quick way to get money in and out of exchanges is good for the bitcoin economy.

In normal occasions, yes this would be true. We are working with them to have a pre-approved account sing a method that abides by their TOS.
Thru my online retail sites I have being doing business with Paypal for over 8 years , I'm friends with some of their executive management as well.

The hardest part will be selling them that Bitcoin is not a competitor of paypal

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: