Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:07:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin mining on google app engine  (Read 1740 times)
angelus359 (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:51:26 AM

I saw this post
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2745.0
I can't post on it because I'm a newbie.

I can't actually make this work because when I try I get these errors

The App Engine SDK JAR appengine-endpoints.jar is missing in the WEB-INF/lib directory   lib   /gaeminer-master/war/WEB-INF   Unknown   Google App Engine Problem

The App Engine SDK JAR appengine-jsr107cache-1.7.7.jar is missing in the WEB-INF/lib directory   lib   /gaeminer-master/war/WEB-INF   Unknown   Google App Engine Problem

The App Engine SDK JAR appengine-api-labs.jar is missing in the WEB-INF/lib directory   lib   /gaeminer-master/war/WEB-INF   Unknown   Google App Engine Problem

The App Engine SDK JAR appengine-api-1.0-sdk-1.7.7.jar is missing in the WEB-INF/lib directory   lib   /gaeminer-master/war/WEB-INF   Unknown   Google App Engine Problem

The App Engine SDK JAR datanucleus-appengine-1.0.10.final.jar is missing in the WEB-INF/lib directory   lib   /gaeminer-master/war/WEB-INF   Unknown   Google App Engine Problem

How do I fix this?

I also posted on stack exchange
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Abandon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:06:27 AM

That's a very old thread, from 2011. . You're better off buying a mining machine, if that's still profitable now.
BackupGuy

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:28:33 AM

If I'm not mistaken ASIC rigs are the only way to go now. I did a lot of GPU mining in 2011. It was fun, I made some money, but what I learned really fast was that CPU mining just flat isn't worth it and thats effectivly what you are doing with app engine.
angelus359 (OP)

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:48:18 AM

If it doesn't make much, then it doesn't make much. That's not the point. I want to know how to do it.

Anyways, I'm using free accounts.

10 cores at 2.4ghz for 7 hours per day.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: