Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:01:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is MaidSafeCoin actually a thing?  (Read 14852 times)
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2017, 07:06:15 PM

It is painful seeing words like pump to discribe the success of a project, so maidsafe is only designed to be a pump and dump coin. This project baffles me how is able to sustain the price, the project has been on for some time and nothing to show for the investment received to develop the project, one day it will actually be done on people that most of these tokens are just designed for experimental purpose and nothing else.

Actually, all markets are pump and dumps, simple or intricate, very short or very long. Oil, gold, stocks, fiat currencies and even tulips experienced bouts of pumping and dumping.

As long as buyers and sellers feel greed or fear, it will always be.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 03:46:11 AM

It is painful seeing words like pump to discribe the success of a project, so maidsafe is only designed to be a pump and dump coin. This project baffles me how is able to sustain the price, the project has been on for some time and nothing to show for the investment received to develop the project, one day it will actually be done on people that most of these tokens are just designed for experimental purpose and nothing else.

Actually, all markets are pump and dumps, simple or intricate, very short or very long. Oil, gold, stocks, fiat currencies and even tulips experienced bouts of pumping and dumping.

- Oil is used to power cars.
- Gold is used in electronics in PC's.
- FIAT is a CURRENCY that is backed and needed and regulated.
- Stocks are REGULATED and their creators are held ACCOUNTABLE.

Do not.. and i repeat, DO NOT dare compare real legit things with scammy ICO scheme digital token bullshit !

I am not havin' it little profiteer investards, not on my watch bucko !  Cheesy

FUD first & ask questions later™
andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 11:02:53 AM

Do not.. and i repeat, DO NOT dare compare real legit things with scammy ICO scheme digital token bullshit !

Regardless of usability, everything can be pumped and dumped. If trading for profit is illegal, you'll only see a straight diagonal line up or down, even a flat line, depending on supply and demand. No need to study markets, just laws of economics.  Cheesy

Jabbawa

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 11:36:54 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2017, 12:00:09 PM by Jabbawa

Real SAFEcoins will be burned to buy real computing resources, like bandwidth, processing power and hard drive space. How much better is that than gold, fiat or oil?!

SAFEcoin would be more ubiquitously valuable than anything backed by it's utility as an industrial metal (we have enough mined gold to last us over 5000 years for 'use-cases', so it would be worth a couple of dollars per ounce if that was the reason for gold's value).

Even fossil fuel has higher volatility and higher price elasticity of demand than the serving and storage of data. Plus it runs out and damages our environment.

Fiat has value solely based on belief and it is worth less every year because more and more of it comes into circulation. It is not 'needed'. Dollars were only cut free to float as fiat in the 70s! Every experiment with fiat in human history has eventually resulted in economic collapse. It is certainly not necessary and 'regulated' just mean bureaucracy exists, not real accountability. REAL accountability is a myth. The rules and regulations are bought and paid for from inception to enforcement.

gold, oil, fiat etc, all these things are wanted or needed for one reason or another. None of them would be wanted or needed as much by as many people as SAFEcoin. It does everything the rest do and a lot more, store of value, stable, backed by something, private and secure, feeless exchange, scales positively, and is useful to everyone who interacts with data in any way.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 02:42:00 PM

Regardless of usability, everything can be pumped and dumped. If trading for profit is illegal, you'll only see a straight diagonal line up or down, even a flat line, depending on supply and demand. No need to study markets, just laws of economics.  Cheesy

Housing derivatives caused the worlds economy to collapse.. not Oil or Corn or Gold etc.

There is no need for shitcoins.
There is a need for gold and food and oil etc.

The recession was caused by shitheads scumbags passing off stock bundles of worthless garbage.
Empty envelopes they claimed were valuable.. simply because a bubble was created.
The bubble popped and the US govt had to hand out bail out's and other countries did not fair so well ..like Greece.
And that shit WAS regulated too !
Altcoin bail-out's anyone ? LOL

I can take a fat stinky god damn shit on your porch and you greedy ass fucking losers can pump and dump it.. doesn't means it's valuable or needed or useful or wanted.
One of you will be stuck holding the bag !
Sounds an awful lot like a fucking Pyramid scheme now don't it ?

andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 05:25:50 PM

Precisely...All markets are pumps and dumps.

ulhaq

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 07:38:45 AM

it sounds like a great idea, and once it's up and running, why wouldn't I use it to store my data - redundant, secure, accessible from anywhere.

But what is the purpose of speculating in maidsafe coin? As Maidsafe coins are going to be used to purchase storage space, and will be paid into the network to store data, then the value of maidsafe is equal to an amount of storage. As storage gets cheaper, the value of maidsafe will go down.

Now it may be that it is currently undervalued, and so it could make sense to buy it now, but how is anyone able to place a value on the coin when the market is not live? What is justifying the $82 million market cap?
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 08:51:54 AM

Precisely...All markets are pumps and dumps.

Some markets are regulated by law protecting investors.
Some markets are for "currencies"
Some markets are for currencies actively being used as such.
Some markets are for "one day" ICO scheme "coins".
Some markets are outright scammy bullshit.

MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 05:32:54 PM

The project is being developed for 10 years now and they entered to the Alpha phase not a long time ago , I personally find it a very interesting and I think It's going to be successful , the beauty of it is that It's not only for storing your data but It could be used for encrypted chatting , having SAFE websites that are supposed to be more secure then the Tor network and much more. I have my concerns about the governments standpoint but hopefully everything goes as planned.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 05:41:44 PM

I don't rate this project at all, a project that has been on before Bitcoin was and still in Alpha stage gives me something to mull about also is the issue of funding, I don't think the foundation is well funded enough to see the project through
andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 05:47:10 PM

Four more years of development without launching...  Angry

flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 08:08:50 PM

This project polarises blockchain tech in general.
How useful is blockchain storage e.g, and what advantages does it offer compared to existing storage tech.
NONE, quite the opposite.

What about the advantages of websites on the blockchain, are there any, for the average Joe who couldn't care less where his shit is hosted?

Decentralisation needs to make sense to be applicable.
If it doesn't, its just pissed into the wind, like so often before in the development of new technologies.

Cars were built with rocket engines or helicopter turbines, it didn't prevail in the market.

This is how I see MAID, as an example of what NOT to use blockchain tech for.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 04:15:01 PM

How useful is blockchain storage e.g, and what advantages does it offer compared to existing storage tech.

What about the advantages of websites on the blockchain, are there any, for the average Joe who couldn't care less where his shit is hosted?

If it doesn't, its just pissed into the wind, like so often before in the development of new technologies.

Cars were built with rocket engines or helicopter turbines, it didn't prevail in the market.

Err... There's no blockchain in Maidsafe.  Cheesy

ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 05:18:54 PM

Their project is utopia dream, I invested in maidsafe in 2015, they said they would release the official product "soon". I started to buy from 8k sat to 5k sat, after I went all-in my 50 BTC in maidsafe, they dumped it to 3k sat, I was panic dumped and gambled with left 25 BTC, because I want to make money to cover my trading loss. But tragedy happened, I lost my all bitcoin, now after one and half year, it is still in alpha test, even not in beta test, hilarious slowest development in the world.

I hate it.
Is it true? Thats shocking to hear.First i thought their concept is quite interesting and planned to buy maid safe coins, but now i have left my idea of investing in it.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:37:23 PM

So today I took a look at this MaidSafeCoin.

I think the concept is pretty interesting. In fact I thought about if a coin like MaidSafeCoin could be realized long before I heard about it.

If you don't know what this concept is: You can offer some space of your hard disk as storage to the SAFE network and will in return be rewarded with coins for this. They call this farming and as I understand it this farming is meant to replace the mining you have in other currencies.

I find this interesting because this would actually be useful beyond just securing the network.

My question however is: Can this MaidSafeCoin actually offer a secure distributed currency like bitcoin is or are there any downsides of using this farming instead of mining?

I could not find too much information on the web that would clear this up for me. Maybe someone of you is a bit more familiar with this coin or point me to some detailed explanation of how securing the network is supposed to work with this coin.

Been waiting for them for a while to deliver a good update and finally get my stupid maidsafecoin tokens converted into proper safecoin tokens, but as far as I can see, they are still using the maidsafecoin tokens which were supposedly termporary tokens until the final software was deployed and the proper network was currently running, we were promised this a long time ago if im not mistaken, but looks like the software is still not released and we are stuck. I wonder what is next for this coin.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 07:18:39 PM

since the day someone questions the existence of Madesafe, they actually decide to put more value to it lol. if it weren't noticed by OP it may still have the value of hundred sats until now. the team is just waiting for it.

Err... There's no blockchain in Maidsafe.  Cheesy

i'm not an investor but really? that wouldn't qualify them to be a crypto.  Grin

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                                 
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████
   ██████████████████    █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌      ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████
|
  Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
         Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!   
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 09:30:07 PM

Their project is utopia dream, I invested in maidsafe in 2015, they said they would release the official product "soon". I started to buy from 8k sat to 5k sat, after I went all-in my 50 BTC in maidsafe, they dumped it to 3k sat, I was panic dumped and gambled with left 25 BTC, because I want to make money to cover my trading loss. But tragedy happened, I lost my all bitcoin, now after one and half year, it is still in alpha test, even not in beta test, hilarious slowest development in the world.

I hate it.

MaidSafe started back in 2006, predates Bitcoin and still hasn't launched a product.   That was warning enough back in 2014 ICO and should be a warning today.  Nevertheless, they must be very good con artists because there's still suckers lining up to give them money.

I'm surprised they had not made a top 10 list for vaporware scams.  They raised $7 million from their ICO and they also received millions pre-2014 (and even before Bitcoin was created).

Maidsafe had good concept, but never can be done, what a pity. I was so naive to trust them, from that expensive lesson, I learn many courses, first never trust a project or team with huge money, emotion, and trust. Second, invest efficient team, like Ethereum, not maidsafe 10 years without real release
I trust a man with an experience, what a big loss of BTC50 man, I'm sorry to hear that. You can get huge amount of fiat money for BTC50 right now and later when you need cash. Skeptical and awareness are needed before invest money into a project, everyone have to do research before join in, even though maidsafecoin has good potential but spend 10 years without real release?
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 10:56:10 PM

Your investment TIME is just as valuable than the coins..

When trading i have often had to gauge whether i should wait for the next pump to sell..
Or take a loss ASAP ?

TIME IS MONEY !

In order for a wait time of a decade to be profitable it had better have a 5,00000000% ROI
Why do you think banks want soooo bad for you to "store" your money with them ?

e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 11:30:31 PM

One half because of their own ROI on doing stuff with your money,
another half it's about CONTROL. I you would "own" your money you are ... more "dangerous".
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 04:28:12 AM

A decade long "investment" in a convoluted ICO scheme coin here is sketchy at best.

And no one did answer me either when i asked how much the dev's got and how they spent it.
Care ? of course not you are all smiley sleazy Investards eye ballin' ROI'z.
Reminds me of ETH and the fact i was the only guy in crypto who questioned how the poor pimple faced kid had 4 million worth of ETH to dump 1 million he claimed. (which i bet was/is far higher than he admits)

Stick to crying Troll & FUD guys.. logic & reason is not your strong suit around here  Cheesy

And by the way according to Fraudcache ole Butters should be in possesionm of about 6 million in ETH.
Wonder how he got it ?
Look at page 1 of my ETH = Scam topic from 2014 (you probably missed it because you were not here yet NOOBS)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: