Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:12:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTC] Adding new 7950 to cgminer or GUIMiner-scrypt  (Read 1660 times)
c1010010 (OP)

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:59:49 AM

I've got a miner, currently with one 7970 running at approximately 625kH/s, reasonable heat, reasonable fan-speed.

I just purchased a new 7950 card and installed it today.  For some reason, I am not able to see it in the drop-down list... I only see the single card.

How do I inform the system/cgminer that I have installed a new card?

This is the first time I've done an additional card add. It went from the box to the mb - no additional sw or config changes at all yet.

What do I need to do?

help pls.

YOU TOO CAN BE A MILLIONAIRE – INFINITECOIN Infinite possibilities – http://infinitecointalk.org          
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 09:33:11 AM

Right click on My Computer from under start menu, click manage, click device manager, on the right side window, drop down the display adapter selection. See if your card is listed there. Report back here, go from there.
c1010010 (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:08:14 PM

Right click on My Computer from under start menu, click manage, click device manager, on the right side window, drop down the display adapter selection. See if your card is listed there. Report back here, go from there.

Negative. Not there.

I did try moving it to the same slot as the working card... All good. Hashes at 519kH/s.  The old card does not appear.

It seems like it only is seeing 1 gpu, no matter what.

YOU TOO CAN BE A MILLIONAIRE – INFINITECOIN Infinite possibilities – http://infinitecointalk.org          
final war

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:04:16 PM

my xfx 7950 dd appear as tahiti

try it out it should work

i am getting 550 kh/s
pekv2

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:29:06 PM

Negative. Not there.

I did try moving it to the same slot as the working card... All good. Hashes at 519kH/s.  The old card does not appear.

What motherboard do you have?
c1010010 (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 05:44:13 PM

Negative. Not there.

What motherboard do you have?

This guy. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128509

There are 5 PCIe slots. I'm using slots (left to right), 2 and 5. I skipped space for cooling reasons.

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:39:51 PM

Silly questions but have you tried to reseat the card and really push those PCIe connectors in.  Obviously Windows doesn't see the card.  If those PCIe connectors aren't snapped in all the way the card may still have the fans spin but it may not be detected or will have an exclamation point in device manager.
c1010010 (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:05:31 PM

Silly questions but have you tried to reseat the card and really push those PCIe connectors in.  Obviously Windows doesn't see the card.  If those PCIe connectors aren't snapped in all the way the card may still have the fans spin but it may not be detected or will have an exclamation point in device manager.

While I am a frequent PICNIC problem kind of guy... No not a silly question.

Answer is, yes... Fully seated. They slots of the motherboard are different PCIe x16, x8, x4 etc. which should I be using?  Does it matter?

(PICNIC := Problem In Chair Not In Computer)

pekv2

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:20:19 PM

Try every slot, with both cards plugged in till the board reads the both cards at the same time. Other than that, maybe someone else with this board can chip in their thoughts.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:41:06 PM

Try every slot, with both cards plugged in till the board reads the both cards at the same time. Other than that, maybe someone else with this board can chip in their thoughts.

Try another slot and see if it gets detected.  There's always the remote chance the second card is dead.  I ran into that 3 weeks ago - wasted 6 hours operating on the assumption that the PCIe GEN3 slots were acting up.  It wasn't until I gave up and tried the card in my rig at home that I find out that the card was DOA.
c1010010 (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 02:01:28 PM

Try another slot and see if it gets detected.  There's always the remote chance the second card is dead.  I ran into that 3 weeks ago - wasted 6 hours operating on the assumption that the PCIe GEN3 slots were acting up.  It wasn't until I gave up and tried the card in my rig at home that I find out that the card was DOA.

Nope, I can get the card to work if I move it to different slots.

OK, here is a "key" to this image:
Red := I have been told the card will not work here.  Have not tried.
Blue := Open slot, I have been told that it should work.
Green := The card is currently working.

So, I thought it might be an x4 or x16 issue... you think that matters?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: