Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:46:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MTgox and other cryptos  (Read 677 times)
btchaver (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:06:45 AM

Can gox actually lower the price of other currencies when they are listen on mtgox for example the price actually drops instead of raising when those currencies are listed on mtgox.  What do you think.  everyone says the price will raise but the price might also go down and become unstable and fluctate what do you think i have very little left after the bubble and trading like crazy now nothing left need to make the right choice to try to predict the market.  what are your thoughts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:47:06 AM

The thing is... People who own Litecoins and are willing to sell (sellers) will go where it sells.

People who don't own litecoin might not register on a different exchange to buy some.

Basically, mtgox might offer new buyers, but it won't offer new sellers.

Demand going up with supply being the same = rise.

Kinda surprised people can't compute that on their own though.
manface

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:56:10 AM

Some people say mtgox adding alt coins will devalue Bitcoin but I don't think it will. Hopefully litecoin and the other alts all increase in value.  Grin
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 05:32:44 AM

Some people say mtgox adding alt coins will devalue Bitcoin but I don't think it will. Hopefully litecoin and the other alts all increase in value.  Grin

Haha, sounds like someone's made their bets! 

Here's where I trade:

https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=801-154

Referral appreciated!  Also, I'm starting a newsletter later this month to share how I made a $100 trade back in September which is now worth more than $15,000!  PM me if interested and I'll add your e-mail to my distribution list.

All that an more of what I'm doing in my newsletter!  I've made more trading alt coins than I have mining coins.  That's for sure.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
btchaver (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:31:58 AM

If other coins are dependant on btc to gain their value and if people pull out of btc to invest in them then wont the loss in the btc price affect the price of those coins dependant on the price or function of btc.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 08:13:22 AM

It's all about not believing something good is going to happen to you when you buy them, it's not about trust in LTC, it's about trust in yourself and your judgement.

I heared the same doubts in 2010/2011, in the time someone bought a pizza for 10,000 BTC. Yes... A one million Dollar pizza...

Captain Hindsight will visit you if you don't have some LTC stacked up now.
manface

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:44:51 AM

It's all about not believing something good is going to happen to you when you buy them, it's not about trust in LTC, it's about trust in yourself and your judgement.

I heared the same doubts in 2010/2011, in the time someone bought a pizza for 10,000 BTC. Yes... A one million Dollar pizza...

Captain Hindsight will visit you if you don't have some LTC stacked up now.

Yeah I've been telling people that you cannot say with any certainty what digital commodity is going to be worth. Having some of each isn't going to set many of us back that much but could end up being a retirement fund.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:28:31 PM

The price for Litecoin has already been ruthlessly been pumped and dumped $0.07 (yes 7 cents) to $6+ and back down over the last few weeks by the trolls over at BTCe.

I'd say it's worth closer to zero than $7 at the moment.
denysrodman

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:22:29 PM

​HOW MTGOX did it again?

During the liquidation of MTGOX assets the laywer Nobuaki Kobayashi has sold 36,000 BTC and BCH crashing the market.  (Sept to February)
That's not enough to "kill" bitcoin but enough to provoke panic selloffs. See the charts showing dates when he sold.

The scary part? He has still 166,000 BTC and BCH to sell.

As you can see his mass sellings remind the "panic sells" and move the markets down. Of course he is not the only reason of the crash but one of the main panic-creators for sure. He is not a professional trader and as we can see he is often acting on FUD and selling during the dips based on fear provoking even more selloffs from newbies and weak hands.

The good part?  The market is strong enough to absorb such huge selloffs but they don't go unnoticed and usually provoke huge drops and panic sells. So basically as soon as the prices will be high enough mr Kobayashi will continue his selling journey which is one of the reasons 5th Elliot wave may continue to the new dips. Bitcoiners have to pay $1.9 Billion to get rid of Kobayashi funds. Is it big? Well 24 hour trading volume is $9,413,420,000 so it's not as big and dramatic to crash or kill bitcoin, just to create some turbulence.
Subkarnas

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:18:18 PM

​HOW MTGOX did it again?

During the liquidation of MTGOX assets the laywer Nobuaki Kobayashi has sold 36,000 BTC and BCH crashing the market.  (Sept to February)
That's not enough to "kill" bitcoin but enough to provoke panic selloffs. See the charts showing dates when he sold.

The scary part? He has still 166,000 BTC and BCH to sell.

As you can see his mass sellings remind the "panic sells" and move the markets down. Of course he is not the only reason of the crash but one of the main panic-creators for sure. He is not a professional trader and as we can see he is often acting on FUD and selling during the dips based on fear provoking even more selloffs from newbies and weak hands.

The good part?  The market is strong enough to absorb such huge selloffs but they don't go unnoticed and usually provoke huge drops and panic sells. So basically as soon as the prices will be high enough mr Kobayashi will continue his selling journey which is one of the reasons 5th Elliot wave may continue to the new dips. Bitcoiners have to pay $1.9 Billion to get rid of Kobayashi funds. Is it big? Well 24 hour trading volume is $9,413,420,000 so it's not as big and dramatic to crash or kill bitcoin, just to create some turbulence.

Lets just hope that there will not be such a big FUD campaign about the upcoimg september sell off + that the legislatures dont (overly) abuse the situation to bann/regulate/shunn etc. crypto overall.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: