Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:55:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Support Bitcoin with BitcoinCore 0.13.2 with server with port 8333 open  (Read 826 times)
dervil (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 11:17:22 PM

Hello
I'm new.
I am in the process of integration BitcoinCore 0.13.2
Until the end there was still some.
With pleasure Support Bitcoin Be the network.
What better???
1. Wait until the end of Integration before I open port 8333?
2. Or now open port and continue integration?
3. Or uninstall BitcoinCore delete all files and blocks, then open port and start all over again?
4. Does sequence matter? (See point 1, 2 and 3)
5.Please reply as soon as possible, for now continue to integrate with closed port. Please help me because it really wonder.
6. Do I have something set in the program or program automatically detects the port will be open?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 11:26:23 PM

Your post is hard to understand. I assume you're setting up a node. Just let it sync and open the port on your router if it doesn't support UPnP.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2017, 11:28:53 PM

Your post is nearly incomprehensible. Please post using your native language in the local board for your language for better help. We cannot help you here with such broken english.

Hello
I'm new.
What better???
3. Or uninstall BitcoinCore delete all files and blocks, then open port and start all over again?
5.Please reply as soon as possible, for now continue to integrate with closed port. Please help me because it really wonder.
6. Do I have something set in the program or program automatically detects the port will be open?
What is "Integration"? Bitcoin has no integration with anything.

I assume you are talking about syncing. Syncing and accepting incoming connections are two entirely unrelated things. You do not have to be synced in order to accept incoming connections. Accepting incoming connections does not affect syncing in any way.

To accept incoming connections, just make sure that incoming connections to port 8333 are open on all firewalls. That is all you need to do.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 11:38:04 PM

Your post is hard to understand. I assume you're setting up a node. Just let it sync and open the port on your router if it doesn't support UPnP.

Doesn't that port open autmatically by the software? I get in the debug.log file whenever I open bitcoin-qt a statement that states 'opening UPnP port' and then on shutdown get a note saying "shutdown node/exit node (something similar)".

Your post is nearly incomprehensible. Please post using your native language in the local board for your language for better help. We cannot help you here with such broken english.

Hello
I'm new.
What better???
What is "Integration"? Bitcoin has no integration with anything.

I assume you are talking about syncing. Syncing and accepting incoming connections are two entirely unrelated things. You do not have to be synced in order to accept incoming connections. Accepting incoming connections does not affect syncing in any way.

To accept incoming connections, just make sure that incoming connections to port 8333 are open on all firewalls. That is all you need to do.

I think by "integration" he means syncronisation (which is still quite a lengthy task to do).
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 12:24:05 AM

Doesn't that port open autmatically by the software? I get in the debug.log file whenever I open bitcoin-qt a statement that states 'opening UPnP port' and then on shutdown get a note saying "shutdown node/exit node (something similar)".

The port opens automatically if your router supports UPnP (which most if not all do nowadays, but there are people out there with outdated hardware).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: