Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:57:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silence! accumulation?  (Read 1384 times)
RoommateAgreement (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 04:17:54 AM

once again, things are silent around these parts. not much talk about price and looking at the charts price is stable once again and each time this happens i see everyone accumulating bitcoin to get ready for the next phase of the rise.

what do you think?

Buying the dip...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ClamCoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 04:24:04 AM

once again, things are silent around these parts. not much talk about price and looking at the charts price is stable once again and each time this happens i see everyone accumulating bitcoin to get ready for the next phase of the rise.

what do you think?

I think we have a winner.

Congrats. Now start going long for the next pump.
RoommateAgreement (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 04:36:32 AM

haha, i buy my coins before the silence and when there is lots of sound, the negative sound where everyone is crying why price is falling and bitcoin is dead.
and then i sell again only if there is a sudden rise not just small rises and pumps have been rare for some time.

Buying the dip...
ClamCoin

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 04:38:04 AM

haha, i buy my coins before the silence and when there is lots of sound, the negative sound where everyone is crying why price is falling and bitcoin is dead.
and then i sell again only if there is a sudden rise not just small rises and pumps have been rare for some time.

Cool. But listen here. Don't be telling everyone how to trade like a pro. You gotta teach them buy high sell low and continue until you are broke.
 Grin
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 04:44:14 AM

I prefer it this way. I guess most of people want it to be like that even though they don't admit it , this should allow them to get more bitcoins while they can. Increasing with stability is definitely better then a pump-dump because the faster It goes UP , the faster It will go down after that. If people decide to dump , then Its on our favor and that should decrease the price for us in order to buy more.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 05:24:58 AM

Cool. But listen here. Don't be telling everyone how to trade like a pro. You gotta teach them buy high sell low and continue until you are broke.
 Grin

it happens with my friends, many of them is buying bitcoin when the price is $9xx and $1k, but after the price drops, half of them gets panic sell but the other half is still hold it until now. maybe i would think that now bitcoin has a new floor and get that stable price now.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
ClamCoin

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 05:36:35 AM

Grin

it happens with my friends, many of them is buying bitcoin when the price is $9xx and $1k, but after the price drops, half of them gets panic sell but the other half is still hold it until now. maybe i would think that now bitcoin has a new floor and get that stable price now.

If its your real friends then you should guide them down the right path. Just lie to people on the forum not in real life.  Grin
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 06:49:37 AM

I'm still waiting till it drop up to $500 do you think this will be possible this year? this will be a great opportunity to buy many bitcoins before this year ends im predicting that bitcoin could really hit and pump up to $2000 this year. we can see the graph and its always pumping when the year is ending. and bitcoin is improving than 2015. i think because the users of bitcoin has been spreading now. and that will be a great opportunity mostly on traders because new users always want to gain bitcoins.
rogerwilco

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 07:11:43 AM

I'm still waiting till it drop up to $500 do you think this will be possible this year? this will be a great opportunity to buy many bitcoins before this year ends im predicting that bitcoin could really hit and pump up to $2000 this year. we can see the graph and its always pumping when the year is ending. and bitcoin is improving than 2015. i think because the users of bitcoin has been spreading now. and that will be a great opportunity mostly on traders because new users always want to gain bitcoins.

That much volatility all year may be a step backwards rather than improving.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 07:41:59 AM

I prefer it this way. I guess most of people want it to be like that even though they don't admit it , this should allow them to get more bitcoins while they can. Increasing with stability is definitely better then a pump-dump because the faster It goes UP , the faster It will go down after that. If people decide to dump , then Its on our favor and that should decrease the price for us in order to buy more.

That's not really how it works.  We pumped this thing up like $30 - $40 right before halving and what happened?  The Chinese cartel came and tried to blow it up because they didn't have their money right yet.  People just jump in to try and prevent slow rises and try to force all cliff wall rises and dumps.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 08:33:52 AM

It could be accumulation, but people that are doing it the right way have still plenty of sub $500 coins that they are holding. In that regard, there is no need to accumulate more coins, unless it's for trading purposes. That aside, it's not that current price is on the very lower side where you can harmlessly scoop up as many coins as possible. There still is a chance that the price may tank well below the $800 figure in the coming days/weeks.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:21:33 AM

It could be accumulation, but people that are doing it the right way have still plenty of sub $500 coins that they are holding. In that regard, there is no need to accumulate more coins, unless it's for trading purposes. That aside, it's not that current price is on the very lower side where you can harmlessly scoop up as many coins as possible. There still is a chance that the price may tank well below the $800 figure in the coming days/weeks.

what you are saying is mostly done by hodlers such as Scrooge McDuck. we buy through all these years, starting from $200 and up slowly accumulating with new money that we get our hands on.
but accumulation in phases like this is mostly done by traders, those who sold at $1150 bought at 906 next year and sold at $990 and then a couple more times in the dips and sell on tops.
now they have a massive fiat in their hands wanting to buy back all the coins they sold and they do it at an stable price not letting it go up and doing it silently.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 10:52:47 AM

what do you think?

Such accumulation happens often with bitcoin, this accumulation too is an reason why price didn't go upwards. Similar to fiat when cash flow decreases the collapse happens. Same here with bitcoin when circulation decreases the price variation won't be good. Accumulation by the common users won't make big impact as they hold only small volumes. There are people who hold thousands of bitcoin which makes the variation when paused from circulation.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
marcoman22

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 11:02:53 AM

Yes we should follow this formula also told by warren buffet. Buy when every one is selling in panic due to fall in price and sell when every one is buying for rise in price. I think thats a success formula working forever.You can accumulate lots of bitcoins in this manner.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4456

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 05:52:18 PM

...people that are doing it the right way have still plenty of sub $500 coins that they are holding. In that regard, there is no need to accumulate more coins, unless it's for trading purposes...

I disagree. Accumulation is never needless.

When the price dipped below $100, I jumped at the opportunity to buy more. Likewise, when the price dipped below $200 after having reached 4 digits, I stocked up again.

Now that bitcoins are trading at about $1100CAD, I'm glad I did. When the price is in 5 digits, I'll be glad I bought during the recent dip, even if it was just a few coins, unlike the dozens I was able to buy during past dips. When the day comes that I'm buying during a dip in 5 digits, I'll probably be happy to buy 10,000,000 satoshis at a time. It's all relative.

There's no such thing as having too many bitcoins.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 06:34:39 PM

what do you think?

It's a good reading. People are probably accumulating again now that the storm seems to be over. Unless unexpected news happen (and nobody can predict those) we should seee a stable price until the next run. Worst case scenario, what I just said happens and we dip further, but long term anything under 800 USD is a steal. I still think 2000 is very possible in 2017.
artows21

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 06:36:49 PM

I think this is more just a rough fight from some holders to keep the price that high and prevent going down too much. I doubt anything particular is being prepared, as that would be a first-time that two so close pumps would happen.
Flattering Flatulants

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 07:17:36 PM

Nope, the silence is the disgust we're all feeling from this pump and dump. The manipulators are busy at work trying to squeeze every dollar out of the fools who bought during the New Years stunt.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 09:28:47 PM

Nope, the silence is the disgust we're all feeling from this pump and dump. The manipulators are busy at work trying to squeeze every dollar out of the fools who bought during the New Years stunt.

They are only fools if they dumped their coins after the spike. Buy and Hold should always be the strategy at this phase of the Game.

There are people that bought BTC at $30 before it dropped back to $1. Are they fools for holding till now?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀