Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:11:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Building a XMR miner....  (Read 1292 times)
skiddow (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 07:16:29 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2017, 07:41:44 AM by skiddow

Hi I'm newbie and first post here. I'm sorry if anything goes wrong with me  Smiley

I read articles about cryptocurrencies. And I supposed to mine XMR using minergate.

This is a result of more than 12 hrs mining using VPS.
https://s30.postimg.org/6oqopv17l/Capture.png

Oh! actually I understand It's not easy to mine if we don't have good hardware.

I read articles about AMD GPU mining if we using $300+ 6 AMD cards we can get 4kH/s speed and it can earn nearly 150$ per month. Maybe I'm wrong.

Then Zcash Its more difficult to generate hashes, I think. If we use above mentioned 6 AMD cards there is  no profit.

Please tell me am I wrong or correct?

Thank you!  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dbct

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 12:03:43 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2017, 01:44:14 PM by dbct

hello skiddow

well i do not use minergate and prob never will.
you have asked a question that has so many answers  with so many varriables.
about the amd gpus and earning money well this is mostly dictated by pool , electrical price per kwh , your initial cost and the price of a coin that you are mining.

so if you ask me if it is profitable for you find out what you pay per kwh and check online to see what the avg hashrate is for the card you want to use and the coin you want to mine.
try filling these values in at sites like for example coinwarz or whattomine and you see if the chance is there to make a profit.

the other thing is do you have a dedicated machine or do you want to do mining only if you are not using the pc.
for the first i do have a easy to use option though.
Its called PiMP a full linux based realy easy to get into as a windows user dedicated mining OS, if you would need more information or have any other question about mining please come and join us on our irc channel #pimp on the freenode server

we have setup a special site for XMR aswell
https://getpimp.org/landing/how-to-mine-xmr-the-fastest-and-easiest-way/

hope this clears things up for you
dbct

dbct
Community/Testing/Support Manager
Portable Instant Mining Platform (getPiMP.org)
skiddow (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 05:12:50 PM

hello skiddow

well i do not use minergate and prob never will.
you have asked a question that has so many answers  with so many varriables.
about the amd gpus and earning money well this is mostly dictated by pool , electrical price per kwh , your initial cost and the price of a coin that you are mining.

so if you ask me if it is profitable for you find out what you pay per kwh and check online to see what the avg hashrate is for the card you want to use and the coin you want to mine.
try filling these values in at sites like for example coinwarz or whattomine and you see if the chance is there to make a profit.

the other thing is do you have a dedicated machine or do you want to do mining only if you are not using the pc.
for the first i do have a easy to use option though.
Its called PiMP a full linux based realy easy to get into as a windows user dedicated mining OS, if you would need more information or have any other question about mining please come and join us on our irc channel #pimp on the freenode server

we have setup a special site for XMR aswell
https://getpimp.org/landing/how-to-mine-xmr-the-fastest-and-easiest-way/

hope this clears things up for you
dbct

Thank you very much. i highly appreciate your reply. I'll look at PiMP Smiley
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 06:53:32 PM

Hi I'm newbie and first post here. I'm sorry if anything goes wrong with me  Smiley

I read articles about AMD GPU mining if we using $300+ 6 AMD cards we can get 4kH/s speed and it can earn nearly 150$ per month. Maybe I'm wrong.

Then Zcash Its more difficult to generate hashes, I think. If we use above mentioned 6 AMD cards there is  no profit.

Please tell me am I wrong or correct?

Thank you!  Smiley

To build a 6 amd rx 480/8GB rig you need around 2000$

ETH
without vga modded bios you can mine eth around 145 MH/s with that setup .
with custom modded bios that speed can be around 180MH/s

use this calculator to find out how much $ you can earn , you need to know your electricity rate , how much you paying for each kw power you are using !
https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash

XMR
without vga modded bios you can mine eth around 3600H/s with that setup
with custom modded bios that speed can be around 4500H/s
use this calculator to find out how much $ you can earn , you need to know your electricity rate , how much you paying for each kw power you are using !
https://whattomine.com/coins/101-xmr-cryptonight

depends on your electricity rate ,modded bios or not modded , pool fee , miner dev fee , the ROI ( return of your investment ) for your setup is over 300 days with today XMR or ETH price.

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:39:25 AM

depends on your electricity rate ,modded bios or not modded , pool fee , miner dev fee , the ROI ( return of your investment ) for your setup is over 300 days with today XMR or ETH price.

300 days is not a terrible ROI, especially since both of these coins have the possibility of going up in price over the next few years.
What you earn in a year could be worth double or triple if you are able to make the investment and hold your coins.

xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 01:29:10 AM

300 days is not a terrible ROI, especially since both of these coins have the possibility of going up in price over the next few years.
What you earn in a year could be worth double or triple if you are able to make the investment and hold your coins.

300 days ROI with current difficulty ... 104+
If you calculated you ROI 2 weeks ago , then the ROI was 250 days Smiley when the difficulty was around 80+
If the difficulty going up to 120+ , then the ROI will be 420 days
If the difficulty going up to 140+ , then the ROI will be 515 days

And don't forget : In the near future, Ethereum plans to switch from Proof-of-Work (PoW) based mining to Proof-of-Stake (PoS) mining.

https://www.ethnews.com/proof-of-work-vs-proof-of-stake-explained

"PoS would be a more fair system than PoW, as technically anyone could become a miner. PoS offers a linear scale regarding the percentage of blocks a miner could confirm, since it’s based on that person’s stake in the cryptocurrency. That means someone with ten times more coins (e.g. - $10,000 vs. $1,000) would only mine ten times more blocks. Under PoW protocols, spending ten times as much money on mining hardware will produce higher computational power logarithmically, allow for more equipment due to the nature of reduced prices when buying in bulk, and might provide further advantages since highly expensive equipment often functions exponentially better than less expensive counterparts"

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: