Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:27:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Daily use of bitcoin?  (Read 42396 times)
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:09:41 PM

Bitcoin is not at all a currency to use in our daily lives because of the confirmation clause. A transaction will have to be confirmed by a miner before it can be transferred to the designated receiver. This confirmation clause makes the bitcoin investment friendly and not for small transactions. If you want to buy something big with bitcoin, you won’t mind if the transaction takes more time, but that is not feasible for daily use for sure.

Also looking at the growth percentage of bitcoin from last few years, only a fool would want to spend bitcoin for a coffee. I treat bitcoin as an investment for the future and I think this is the right thing to do if you don’t belong from an affluent family.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:31:01 PM

It's pretty hard to use every day BTC and especially if you want to pay with it for everything you buy, I mostly use BTC to buy stuff online and for various services here,apart from that it's very hard to pay with BTC in a shop for example

Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:37:46 PM

It's pretty hard to use every day BTC and especially if you want to pay with it for everything you buy, I mostly use BTC to buy stuff online and for various services here,apart from that it's very hard to pay with BTC in a shop for example
Using Bitcoin everyday isn't that hard to accomplish if you know how to efficiently use a computer. Bitcoin is only around so people could spend money to another person who has a Bitcoin Client installed on their computer system.
There's places like Gyft that allows people to spend their Bitcoins and get Giftcards in return so that the purchaser could use them within popular stores.
There is plenty of stores online that accept Gift Cards instead of cash.

Gyft:
Code:
https://www.gyft.com/

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Zyborg

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:47:11 PM

Right now we don't have a option to spend bitcoins directly to buy anything but things will change in future when bitcoin will become more popular among the people and we will find many merchants who will start accepting bitcoin as a payment method.
joeydangerous

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:49:00 PM

I hope that Bitcoin will get used by many more people other than us nerds..

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 07:32:02 PM

I don't think there is a need to wait for the confirmation, if a fee recommended or little above is paid you'll get faster confirmations. Other than this once after sending the receiver end gets the transacted amount under the unconfirmed transaction list. This itself helps the receiver a hope of receiving the payment.
And with a debit card you don't have to pay anything to move the transaction through.  In fact, it's always instantaneous.  And there's no need to buy another currency just to spend it.  This is why no one is ever going to use bitcoin at Starbucks.   On silk road yes, not not for your daily morning coffee

Things might change in nearest future

If instant off-chain transactions come about, there won't be any single reason to use the blockchain for so trivial things like buying a cup of coffee or tea (what you like most). That's I expect a tremendous boost in Bitcoin use all over the planet once these transactions become a reality. That will be a major milestone in the Bitcoin story. And that's also the reason why miners are heavily objecting to these transactions even though it should be crystal clear to anyone with a half working brain that instant payments will be a real breakthrough for Bitcoin ecosystem

mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 11:47:41 PM

Bitcoin is popular now so bitcoin enthusiast do offer that services, one click in google and you will find sites that accept bitcoin for an international flight. I'm not into it yet since my budget would not allow me but like you I am also getting the benefits of paying my bills online with bitcoin.
but usually sold are electronic. we may not be spending bitcoin every day just to buy electronics. maybe I'll be glad when the restaurant or food store that accepts bitcoin as a payment option. of course I'm going to use it every day

michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 11:52:25 PM

Bitcoin is popular now so bitcoin enthusiast do offer that services, one click in google and you will find sites that accept bitcoin for an international flight. I'm not into it yet since my budget would not allow me but like you I am also getting the benefits of paying my bills online with bitcoin.
but usually sold are electronic. we may not be spending bitcoin every day just to buy electronics. maybe I'll be glad when the restaurant or food store that accepts bitcoin as a payment option. of course I'm going to use it every day

But it gets accepted more and more everyday, it's just a matter of time when we can buy other stuff aside from electronics and online services. Just have faith in bitcoins and for sure it'll get somewhere. Also, if it does get mass adopted then for sure prices will go up to unimaginable levels.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:54:13 AM

I don't think there is a need to wait for the confirmation, if a fee recommended or little above is paid you'll get faster confirmations. Other than this once after sending the receiver end gets the transacted amount under the unconfirmed transaction list. This itself helps the receiver a hope of receiving the payment.
And with a debit card you don't have to pay anything to move the transaction through.  In fact, it's always instantaneous.  And there's no need to buy another currency just to spend it.  This is why no one is ever going to use bitcoin at Starbucks.   On silk road yes, not not for your daily morning coffee

If instant off-chain transactions come about, there won't be any single reason to use the blockchain for so trivial things like buying a cup of coffee or tea (what you like most). That's I expect a tremendous boost in Bitcoin use all over the planet once these transactions become a reality. That will be a major milestone in the Bitcoin story. And that's also the reason why miners are heavily objecting to these transactions even though it should be crystal clear to anyone with a half working brain that instant payments will be a real breakthrough for Bitcoin ecosystem

I use a shift card for about 90 percent of my transactions, so while I'm using a debit card, technically it's bitcoin. So even on chain, I'm buying pretty basic shit already just given the fact that spending the Bitcoin is so much easier now (had this been a few years ago, I would have been relegated to selling the Bitcoin, or using giftcards purchased with Bitcoin.)

The future is looking increasingly brighter. Now if we can just move past this scaling obstacle..
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:09:13 AM

I agree with you . bitcoin give us convenience in transacting onine. but offline is still arguably the best.
because while in most people are still not using bitcoin. because the use of bitcoin have to use devices such as smartphones.
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 05:22:16 AM

I paid for airplane tickets with it, for an international trip. Also exchanged it to refill a pre-paid card to use at this trip, and in daily use. This happened in 2015 when BTC was ~$300. Since January 2016, I'm holding my BTC (a fair amount, IMO), hoping that it reaches $10.000 Grin

Wow for real? What website you used for buying your tickets for your journey? As of now, I'm using my bitcoins with popular service just like what others are saying here and that is with mobile prepaid. And for a monthly basis, I'm paying my monthly bills by using bitcoin which is very good in my feeling that helps me save a lot of time and money.
I think there will be more services to come in the near future, so let's keep pushing bitcoin to be more popular.

Oh yeah I forgot about google when it comes for searching out legit sites. But it's better if it will come from him. I might try to use that type of usage of bitcoin because it's one of my dream to travel abroad and it will be amazing if bitcoin will be the medium of payment of everything that I need for my travel, which looks unique.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:26:14 AM

I hope that Bitcoin will get used by many more people other than us nerds..
Yes, all of comunity think same with you, unfortunately it is not will be easy because there are not many stores accept bitcoin for payment method, right now bitcoin be used for investments usually for trading bitcoin to fiat and trading altcoins to bitcoin and getting profit from trading.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 09:32:48 AM

I use a shift card for about 90 percent of my transactions, so while I'm using a debit card, technically it's bitcoin. So even on chain, I'm buying pretty basic shit already just given the fact that spending the Bitcoin is so much easier now (had this been a few years ago, I would have been relegated to selling the Bitcoin, or using giftcards purchased with Bitcoin.)

I'm afraid this is not quite so

When you buy things with your Bitcoin payment card the transactions you make certainly don't go to the blockchain. They are internal transactions, i.e. the company which issued your payment card (Coinbase in this case, if I'm not mistaken) just subtracts bitcoins from your wallet (according to the exchange rate it sets at the moment you make a purchase), but these debits will never appear on the blockchain as such. It is essentially the same when you transfer funds from your web wallet account to another account in the same web wallet. The funds are not moved anywhere (in fact, they are not even in your wallet if you check the wallet address, for example, via blockchain.info), and the changes in the balance you see just reflect the changes in the internal accounting system. You can easily see that the balance of your wallet on the blockchain is actually 0, while in your web wallet as it is shown to you it is not

barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:03:08 AM

I think in everyday life, it is hard to use bitcoin because of it waiting time in transaction. Bitcoin is best suited for paying for online services like online shopping or any service on websites like fiverr where item takes time and there is enough time for transaction to happen.
Actually like someone said above, bitcoin has been used for physical stores like starbucks.
I think it is feasible because in most cases you don't need more than 2 confirmations. However, it is definitely much easier and practical to use it in online stores.
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:03:58 AM

You can find many sites that accept bitcoin as a payment option on the internet, and the day to day store that accepts bitcoin it will be more and more. we can use bitcoin on a daily basis

Today there are many stores accepting bitcoin as one of the payments along with fiat currency, soon I can see there many stores like amazon, eBay etc will also accept bitcoin. I really love to use bitcoins for my personal needs daily, i am waiting for it.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
Gheka

Activity: 1358
Merit: 501

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:24:55 AM

Bitcoin is in the commercialization period, it is not so popular in the world, and bitcoin is currently not accepted by the government. Maybe we will wait a long time for bitcoin to be used in everyday life. In reality, Bitcoin is very inconvenient in transaction and payment, it is only suitable for online transactions and payments. I also like to use bitcoin every day, but if I go buy something with a few dollars that I have to pay with bitcoin, that would be very troublesome and inconvenient

232drialf

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:47:07 PM

Bitcoin is already quite popular compared to previous years. Indeed, bitcoin not yet have a legal in all countries of the world.

It still takes a very long process to be used in daily.
casinobitcoin

Activity: 663
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:57:43 PM

It's not that popular online. Like as in online shops. Just try and see how many online shops that accept bitcoin you can find. I mean the list is growing by the day but still bitcoin payments are still in their infancy. But still, from what I can see things are looking up, slowly but surely.

asuryan180

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:22:53 PM

That's why BTC is mostly used online for now,you have to wait for confirmations if you pay in a shop for example,whereas when you pay online it doesn't matter how much time it takes to confirm as long as you have sent the payment,that's hindering BTC's usage in my opinion and there has to be found a way around it so that it can be accepted officially by merchants

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:38:19 PM

It's not that popular online. Like as in online shops. Just try and see how many online shops that accept bitcoin you can find. I mean the list is growing by the day but still bitcoin payments are still in their infancy. But still, from what I can see things are looking up, slowly but surely.

I am sure that there are a lot merchants willing to accept Bitcoin as optional payment form, alongside the plenty of others they are working with, but most of them simply don't know Bitcoin, or they get distracted by the volatility. I am sure if they realize that they aren't exposed to the volatility if they make use of a payment processor such as BitPay, that they will definitely be open to accept it as payment form. It's a lack of understanding that plays an important role here. If I was a merchant that didn't know much about Bitcoin, then sure, the volatility will be a solid reason for me to not allow Bitcoin payments. But if I know we have third party payment processors that take care of everything, then heck, why not? I have nothing to lose, and the same goes up for others.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: