Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:15:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who made big money?  (Read 2503 times)
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 05:04:10 PM

I would like to know who was it that shorted this from over 1100. It was looking so bad for shorters - you'd have to have balls of steel to hold it through the pain.

Balls of steel are needed for any risky business. Trading is not an easy thing to do, almost every action they take is a big risk. This situation now shows how tricky can be trading with bitcoins.
I sold some bitcoins but just cause I needed money, and cashing out is always good profit for me, and I think about like extra earning.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4480

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 05:04:32 PM

Any profits or regrets here? 

Regrets? My only regret is having missed being an early adopter. The price was already in double digits when I learned of Bitcoin, so I missed the kind of profits made by people who bought thousands of bitcoins at pennies per coin and held tight.

At least I had enough sense not to sell any coins when the price skyrocketed up to over $200, back down to $50, up to over $1200, back to $200, and then up to $1500 (all prices in CAD). In fact not only did I refuse to wimp out and sell, I bought more at every bottom.

Profits? I'll worry about that when the time comes that I have to spend some of my coins. Hopefully that's years away.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 05:45:52 PM

Just a couple of weeks ago bitcoin was blasting over $1000, so I am wondering if anyone made big money by selling their BTC? Now it has came down to $830, even if last week it was close to $900, so I am not seeing getting back to $1000 anytime soon. Any profits or regrets here?  Roll Eyes
when they they sell their bitcoin when the price is still $ 1100, I think there will be no regret for that decision. even, unconsciously, they have produced a lot of money when the price of bitcoin down. may regret only at the people holding the bitcoin her at the time to wait for a higher price.
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 07:08:16 PM

Some high leverage bears had to have made a killing shorting this garbage. Good luck to you all. We will learn eventually.
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 08:41:29 PM

Just a couple of weeks ago bitcoin was blasting over $1000, so I am wondering if anyone made big money by selling their BTC? Now it has came down to $830, even if last week it was close to $900, so I am not seeing getting back to $1000 anytime soon. Any profits or regrets here?  Roll Eyes

Bob
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:15:24 PM

Any profits or regrets here?  Roll Eyes
I am just neutral. I was expecting prices to reach $2000 levels within that rally, (but in that way little disappointing still not regretting as certainly bitcoin will reach there) but made sudden reversal. I am a long term bitcoin hodler and I am holding my coins for the target of millions. So, really not minding these fluctuations.

Many Chinese traders would have booked good profits but not sure about who were regretting.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 09:23:37 PM

People acting like Bitcoin is a pump and dump penny stock. Tsk Tsk  Undecided

Better buy back now before it's too late!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:26:12 PM

I have some pretty cheap coins lying around and there were many chances for me to dump my position from 1000$+ and yet i didn't. Because i thought i will rise even further(1500+). When i realized that it won't happen, it was already too late. I am not completely sad though. What if it kept rising after i sold my coins? Getting trapped in a bulltrap is far more painful than holding your position.

I am already used to bitcoin's price rallying up and then retracing back. It happens almost all the time. If the price surges up 200 or 300 +, almost automatically there will be bad news that will pull the price back down. That is why when the price surges 200+, I'll sell already and wait for the bad news to buy back some coins again.
PokemonFun

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:28:23 PM

I made now big money with one revenue share site with 10 referral levels which have fast 110% roi but also there is a really good paid to promote system which pay you really good.
oportosanto (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:35:42 PM

I would like to know who was it that shorted this from over 1100. It was looking so bad for shorters - you'd have to have balls of steel to hold it through the pain.

Balls of steel are needed for any risky business. Trading is not an easy thing to do, almost every action they take is a big risk. This situation now shows how tricky can be trading with bitcoins.
I sold some bitcoins but just cause I needed money, and cashing out is always good profit for me, and I think about like extra earning.

Yep, it's not easy to know when to sell or when to hold, but hey, if you need the money it was a good move. I wish I had bought some BTC when they were at $250, that would mean 4 times my money... Smiley
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:53:38 PM

I was able to make a small amount of money by selling when the price went high and then rebuying below $800.  The problem is that I didn't have a lot to sell so I could only make a small profit. The ones that could make a big profit had to be holding a large amount.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:57:44 PM

I was able to make a small amount of money by selling when the price went high and then rebuying below $800.  The problem is that I didn't have a lot to sell so I could only make a small profit. The ones that could make a big profit had to be holding a large amount.

I did not sell, because i was terrified i would be selling in a market which would go up again. This has happened a few times with me. I don't fee bad though, because i hold my bitcoins for the mid term and in that time i do expect to make a profit.

lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 10:13:58 PM

I agree on this, whales are accumulating, until accumulation is done it is best to buy else you will see another bitcoin uptrend in the coming week.  Did you not noticed Bitcoin is a bit stable at this range?  Seems it is preparing to soar up again.  I hope you won't get left behind Smiley

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:05:55 AM

I agree on this, whales are accumulating, until accumulation is done it is best to buy else you will see another bitcoin uptrend in the coming week.  Did you not noticed Bitcoin is a bit stable at this range?  Seems it is preparing to soar up again.  I hope you won't get left behind Smiley

Mind sharing what gives you the impression that whales are accumulating that will result in the price to go up in the coming week? I don't see any signals of going much higher than current levels in the coming days/next week. I wouldn't even be surprised to see the price test the $800 level again. Market is and has always been unpredictable. Current situation isn't any different.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:12:36 AM

I.haven't made anything but people who were holding their coins long enough probr hav. This is just one more proof that it's worth holding bitcoins and that bitcoin is the most profitable as long term investment. Although people who bought it when it was around 800$ and sold it for 1000$ or more have made decent profit too.

malaj
mundang

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:35:16 AM

I have no regrets from this time,cause i was able to convert my bitcoins to the highest price this year. My goal for now is to prepare for the new ath. But the price this year is still high compare to last years price.
Vahnt

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:18:23 AM

I've been a holder for a long time, and have a stash of coins my TREZOR that I don't intend to sell anytime soon.

However, I did begin trading futures on OKCoin after hearing about the platform from other people I talk to, and I made some solid gains going long on leverage for most of the ride up, and trimming my position incrementally as we approached the top. I was entirely out by the time it crashed. My personal goal is just to trade with the aim of increasing my stash as much as possible, while waiting for the eventual big bull cycle up at which point I might finally cash out most of my coins for good. I don't intend to sell any at any price below around $2000-$2500 USD/coin, which I hope should materialize sometime in 2018.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:33:28 AM

Early adopters are the one who have made big money with bitcoin. If we too have saved big during the early days of its existence sure we too could have made a big earning.

wikireseller_to

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 04:40:32 AM

Early adopters are the one who have made big money with bitcoin. If we too have saved big during the early days of its existence sure we too could have made a big earning.

The early adopters (I mean super early ones from 2011-2012) took way more risk than there is now that it will all go to zero so it's well deserved that they profited from it.
Huge Black Woman

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:44:22 AM

All the people like me who are holding some coins they bought when price was at 250$

First time I ever made a 4times profit ever xD
But problem is that everyone will be full of regrets the moment BTC will crash the 2k$  Grin
DAM, you lucky!!

Ah don' have balls o' steel!  But I din't sell no bitcoin when we was up at $1100.  I jist sit there, aroused, watchin tha upward trajectory.  I tells you, it was a fine ol' time.  An' we'll git back there soon.

HOLY MACKEREL!!  We at $853.17 now.  Thet's pretty dam good, don't y'all think? 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: