Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:58:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin bank account?  (Read 1332 times)
markyminer

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 08:45:49 PM

I don't know if this true or not but I've heard somewhere people said that there was a bank in Europe which has brought bitcoin into it. But I strongly believe that bitcoin shouldn't appear in banks because apparently, bitcoin's way of work and banks' don't have things in common. Bitcoin's aim to revolutionise the economic world by changing people's concept of money and banks don't seem to be like that.
recently not  a single country has accepted bitcoin and that is the reason that banks are also not accepting bitcoin in their banks. in future we can expect that when the number of bitcoin users will increase then banks will start thinking about accepting bitcoin.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:03:57 PM

Are there banks accepting bitcoins? We can open Dollar and Euro accounts in the banks. Can we open it on Bitcoin's account? Are there banks supporting this?
As I know there is no any bank that would work with bitcoin. It's only in the perspective to banks work with bitcoin the same way as with Dollar and Euro. It have to be accepted on government's level to it came true.

I agree with you the bitcoin must be accepted on government's level before the banks accepting bitcoins. But In my opinion, in the near future, this story is going to be true. I am sure that we are going to open a bitcoin account at the banks and in this account, we are going to save our bitcoins. Maybe the use of bitcoin credit card may also be possible.
Orange Mango

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:24:30 PM

Are there banks accepting bitcoins? We can open Dollar and Euro accounts in the banks. Can we open it on Bitcoin's account? Are there banks supporting this?

You should learn more about bitcoin. You shouldn't be asking this. Bitcoin wallet is your bank. That is how bitcoin works.
The bank is us the users. You would know this of you had done some reading. I see many topics like this. Why make them ?

It is a very silly question.
dhampir-D

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:33:13 PM

I'm not sure if there are banks accepting Bitcoin deposit, but I find it unlikely, since banks generally take decisions that are influenced by governments. The information I have is that there are banks working with some cryptocurrencies, such as ripple, as well as banks working on their own projects, related to blockchain technology.
zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 11:27:49 PM

For saving purpose, you can consider your online wallet as your bank but it is not recommended to keep a lot of coins online for security reasons.
Similar rule maybe apply to bank if they start storing bitcoin.Your bank might be as vulnerable as online wallet so why would one go for it?
When it comes to bitcoin,keep it with you safely is the best rule to follow.

Michel de Montaigne (OP)

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 08:59:42 PM

Banks would only do that to earn money from it, which means they'll be providing loans in Bitcoin, for which they could even start fractional banking again: lending out more than they have. Let's not!
One of the perks Bitcoin offers, is being able to control your own money by yourself. Nobody can take it from you, nobody can freeze your funds, and only you have the private key.

I can't think of a single thing a bank can do to improve Bitcoin for me. Even if the bank is insured for theft, you'd still need to secure your account and computer. While you're at it, you could just as well secure your own Bitcoins.

It would be safer to store the bitcoin in the banks. Online wallets are not very secure.
For example, it would be nice if I had a bitcoin account like a dollar and a euro account. I can buy bitcoin from the bank instead of buying bitcoin on stock exchanges.

As far as i know, i don't know any banks with bitcoin account services. But, some company provide bitcoin debit cards and offer similar with bitcoin bank account such as Coinbase or Xapo.
However, i think bitcoin bank idea is pretty stupid because there's no point of using bitcoin if you still need bank.

Yes, in fact, the work done by the online bitcoin wallets will make the bitcoin wallets in the bank. In my opinion banks are much safer than online wallets.
Michel de Montaigne (OP)

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 09:29:24 PM

For what purpose why you want to open a Bitcoin Account in bank?

If for buying and selling bitcoins purposes only then use bitcoin exchange instead that has a feature of linking bank account e.g Coinsbank, Coinbase etc.

Will wait for your reply for other purposes and we will continue the discussion so that I can have a specific answer.

I prefer to trust banks instead of online wallets like CoinsBank, CoinBase to convert Bitcoin safely into different currencies. We know what happened to the MtGox stock market in the past. In my opinion, the security systems in the banks are much better than the other systems.

Have you seen the following words on Bitcoin wallets: "Be your own bank!"? Do you know why Bitcoin was created, and what people are seeking when using it? Most of those on this forum are willing to use Bitcoin because it's anonymous. It's like commiting a crime and then calling the police and telling them about it - you'd reveal your identity! Banks are not accepting it yet but as soon as Bitcoin will become a big thing they'll be forced to do it, removing the most important feature we got.

I do not have the anxiety to be anonymous. I see Bitcoin as an investment vehicle. I am investigating how I can safely use this investment vehicle. Everyone may not have an anonymity problem.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 10:04:20 PM

i still do not still heard about that bank accepting bitcoin because bitcoin is a digital currency and we can use it currently online shopping and it acceptable in anywhere for online shopping in all the corner of the world .
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1333

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 10:30:24 PM

Banks would only do that to earn money from it, which means they'll be providing loans in Bitcoin, for which they could even start fractional banking again: lending out more than they have. Let's not!
One of the perks Bitcoin offers, is being able to control your own money by yourself. Nobody can take it from you, nobody can freeze your funds, and only you have the private key.

I can't think of a single thing a bank can do to improve Bitcoin for me. Even if the bank is insured for theft, you'd still need to secure your account and computer. While you're at it, you could just as well secure your own Bitcoins.
Yeah, even if there was a bank opening accounts in bitcoin I will avoid them not only for the reasons you stated but also because banks will become a target for hackers, while if you are a small holder of bitcoin then hackers are less likely to target you.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 09:50:24 AM

i still do not still heard about that bank accepting bitcoin because bitcoin is a digital currency and we can use it currently online shopping and it acceptable in anywhere for online shopping in all the corner of the world .
yeah you are right that no one bank accepting bitcoin because bitcoin is just a crypto currency and which is just use through internet for online transaction and we can say that bitcoin is digital currency .
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 09:53:30 AM

With current interest rates, what would be your incentive to store your coins at a bank?

I can only think of being "insured" against theft, as safe keeping is now the responsibility of the bank.

I could see some kind of multi sig system working for a checkings account though, where the bank has to co-sign a transaction.
cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 10:02:14 AM

if you want direct bitcoin to youre bank account , i think can't work
youre must use exchanger sample in euro in kraken
if you want direct in debitcard, many people open service, sample advcash and xapo, you can direct deposit use bitcoin to youre debit card

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: