Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:10:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking into Ripple  (Read 682 times)
magical (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:24:39 AM

I am looking into Ripple because the exchange rate looks more stabile than Bitcoin. I registered but how can I get Ripples? It seems that in order to buy Ripples you need at least a certain amount of Ripples but I don't have any Ripples because I just started out. There is a link in my Ripples wallet to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145506  but I don't seem to be eligible for this.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magical (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:43:38 AM

Just another thought, can I transfer from my bitcoin wallet to my ripple wallet? Haven't tried it because first I want to wait till bitcoins go up a bit.
Unluckyduck

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:09:31 AM

Just another thought, can I transfer from my bitcoin wallet to my ripple wallet? Haven't tried it because first I want to wait till bitcoins go up a bit.
Bitcoins and Ripples have no association with one another so you can't send btc to a ripple wallet.
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:12:44 AM

Bitcoins and Ripples have no association with one another so you can't send btc to a ripple wallet.

You can get IOUs through gateways though.
BitGoing

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 09:06:51 AM

I am looking into Ripple because the exchange rate looks more stabile than Bitcoin. I registered but how can I get Ripples? It seems that in order to buy Ripples you need at least a certain amount of Ripples but I don't have any Ripples because I just started out. There is a link in my Ripples wallet to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145506  but I don't seem to be eligible for this.

I think you need to post in the beginner area 5 times and spend at least 4 hours on this forum to be eligible to post in other areas.

DeeSome

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:12:46 PM

How did you get a Ripple wallet? I have been looking into Ripple and can't find wallets anywhere.
magical (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:14:45 PM

I think you need to post in the beginner area 5 times and spend at least 4 hours on this forum to be eligible to post in other areas.

But you also need to be registered before last February...
lerelerele

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:24:41 PM

https://ripple.com/wiki/Client_Manual

Creating an account

Your Ripple wallet is used to manage and annotate your Ripple account. Create a wallet using the Ripple client. On the receive page you will notice the address of your Ripple account. It looks something like this: rvYAfWj5gh67oV6fW32ZzP3Aw4Eubs59B. The address show in your clients page is what you will provide to others when you want to receive payments.
At first your account is not actually created. Your account can be created by having someone send at least 200 XRP to your account. We recommend you get at 1000 XRP to be able to use all the features of Ripple. XRP is Ripple's internal currency. XRP is used to prevent people from wasting network resources. You'll need a reserve of XRP to use Ripple features such as making offers to trade currency or holding other currencies beside XRP. 1000 XRP will likely by all you need for a lifetime of Ripple use. Every transaction you make will cost a small amount of Ripple. Currently, the normal transaction fee is 0.000010 XRP.
You may be able to obtain XRP from a giveway or you may be able to buy the XRP from someone who has some. Opencoin Inc does not sell XRP at retail.

DeeSome

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:28:09 PM

Many thanks, wallet created, now I just need to get some Ripples lol.
ynos11

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:29:59 PM

Yeah, me too:D
Feri22

Activity: 748
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:29:36 PM

Please send free Ripples here:

rnUVb41WEQVCsGskAKS1ru9sFuS5GgPkUi
alibaba teapot

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:20:55 PM

I've got a wallet with 199 xrp which I don't want, so if anyone wants a wallet let me know and you can have my username and password.
onsezi

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:21:39 PM

I too am looking to
get into Ripple.  will pay to play.
i understand 300 is the lower hurdle
and 1000 Rips will move me into full features.

I am a newb.
learning Haskell, and will install Debian when next install party comes around.
Meanwhile, I will pay in BTC for Ripples.

Ripple account:  rN895cNcjjqSJakxnt9Q2txYG5uyNQzss4

scot
onsezi

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:01:34 PM

thank you, Alibaba Teapot.  I will accept your offer of wallet and password.

s
markblackntz

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:15:38 PM

I'm new to this and also noticed that I am ineligible to get some free ripple to try out how it works too. Can someone please spare some free ripples for me to try out?

rJFERfp4Mf4SUSKfkJGGxN1abKu4j9GktB
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: