Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Terracoin. What the hell is going on?  (Read 6967 times)
c4n10

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:11:44 PM

Can anyone explain this?

I stopped mining TRC 3 hours ago (P2Pool) but 23 minutes ago my client suddenly said "incoming!":

Date: 13-4-2013 21:17
Source: Generated
Credit: 2.63128957 TRC (matures in 99 more block(s))
Net amount: 0.00 TRC
Transaction ID: 79935ee30009d72cfa42ce400e1f8146d6cb6e5af2d2c021c135c90b1c152e08

Generated coins must mature 120 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.

You stopped mining but the blocks you contributed hashing power to are just now confirming and p2pool is paying you out appropriately as it should.

No, it is not working that way. When mining for P2P Pool, addresses of miners who still have valid shares - should still get payout - are added as payout
addresses for newly generated coins directly into mined block. In other words, newly generated 20 TRC will be split based on miner payouts and sent to
miner addresses by coin generation itself, not pool or some other entity. That is the reason why miner must wait 120 blocks to use those coins.

Check the number of addresses in "Generation" row for this block, it is mined by P2P Pool:

http://blockexplorer.bytecoin.in/block/00000000000361a99b4bd05ebe246eefa630ac547452fb99d072cf9d47586be0

So, as I said, the blocks he contributed shares too (be they new blocks, old blocks or whatever) are just now confirming and he is being paid appropriately by p2pool as he should be...
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Simran

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 08:17:48 PM

One day, people will realize that RuCoin is the only crypto with REAL 51% protection built into the client/network and people will use RuCoin not only or the protection against 51% but because it has the nicest GUI/features out of all the clients with btc-e chat/trade built into the client, it's own separate chat system built into the client, miner ID cells which broadcast your miner ID/name to the network when you find a block (people love to have their ego stroked).

RuCoin is best coin.

The client doesn't dictate what the coin is. It's a shit coin and not open source, you couldn't even find the latest source code for. Enough with your RuCoin bullshit. Nobody gives a fuck about the coin, it was so shitty that BTC-e took it out. Come on, stop being so stubborn and accept that it's a piece of shit.

As for TRC... yeah... It's dead. I think it would be best not to mine on this chain before people start losing money.

LOL, like anyone cares what you think Simran... I remember when teenagers used to respect their elders, shame the majority of you are fucking idiots now.

As for the rest of the quote, I didn't bother reading your bullshit.

Respect their elders? I’ma worry about me, give a fuck about you. Besides, you've fucked up your life already, have kids with loads of girls but you're not even there for the kids or the girls...

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
c4n10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:26:01 PM

Respect their elders? I’ma worry about me, give a fuck about you. Besides, you've fucked up your life already, have kids with loads of girls but you're not even there for the kids or the girls...

Yes, pretend to know me and my circumstances...

First, having two daughters is hardly having "kids with loads of girls".

Second, I am not there for my children financially because I am unable to be there for them financially seeing as how I lack actual finances to be there for them with.

You don't know me as well as you might think you do (and certainly not as well as I know you, Simran Singh).

I recommend you keep my personal life out of our discussion as it is really irrelevant to the world of crypto-currencies and certainly irrelevant to the specific topic at hand.
c4n10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:27:54 PM

So, as I said, the blocks he contributed shares too (be they new blocks, old blocks or whatever) are just now confirming and he is being paid appropriately by p2pool as he should be...

When non-P2P pool pays you out, it takes 120 confirmations for coins to become available for spending?

Some pools require the full 120 confirmations, yes... But isn't p2pool what we are currently discussing...?
Simran

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 08:41:04 PM

Yes, pretend to know me and my circumstances...

First, having two daughters is hardly having "kids with loads of girls".

Second, I am not there for my children financially because I am unable to be there for them financially seeing as how I lack actual finances to be there for them with.

You don't know me as well as you might think you do (and certainly not as well as I know you, Simran Singh).

I recommend you keep my personal life out of our discussion as it is really irrelevant to the world of crypto-currencies and certainly irrelevant to the specific topic at hand.

I reject your recommendation. Oh sheeeeeit! You know my last name!!!!! Because Singh isn't a common for a person named Simran LOL. Good job detective! Add me on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ Cheesy Oh wait, I don't give a shit about you or your opinion, you poor simpleton.

*Image Removed*
c4n10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:58:26 PM

I reject your recommendation. Oh sheeeeeit! You know my last name!!!!! Because Singh isn't a common for a person named Simran LOL. Good job detective! Add me on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ Cheesy Oh wait, I don't give a shit about you or your opinion, you poor simpleton.

DISCLAIMER: The following is public information and does not violate the Privacy Act in any way, shape, fashion or form

Code:
Name: Simran Singh 
Birthdate: September 16, 1994
Twitter: @SimranDevs
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SimranApps
Google +: https://plus.google.com/114069302448745664287
Cell phone: Sprint Mobile user
PayPal: Simran@SimranDev.com
MSN: supercoolsimran@hotmail.com

There's plenty more I could share...
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:08:47 PM

You know, in my opinion, it's likely this guy who is taking advantage of Terracoin's diff is Luke-jr, he's done it before on other alt-coins, no reason he can't spare 100gh/s to do it again.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 10:30:42 PM

You know, in my opinion, it's likely this guy who is taking advantage of Terracoin's diff is Luke-jr, he's done it before on other alt-coins, no reason he can't spare 100gh/s to do it again.

Doesn't matter who's doing it, this time it's Luke-jr or Luke-sr and next time it's someone we don't know.

Fact is: it is possible to do and with more ASIC's coming attacks like these won't go away.

To gain trust in the coin (by people, pools and exchanges) TerraCoin must be safe against any attack. If not? Nobody will remember it in 2014...
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:36:12 PM

Doesn't matter who's doing it, this time it's Luke-jr or Luke-sr and next time it's someone we don't know.

Fact is: it is possible to do and with more ASIC's coming attacks like these won't go away.

To gain trust in the coin (by people, pools and exchanges) TerraCoin must be safe against any attack. If not? Nobody will remember it in 2014...

Part of the damage is already done. Remember, the end goal for a cryptocurrency is to be actually used for services and goods from vendors. Recent events do not inspire confidence in the currency.
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 10:36:42 PM

Vircurex appears to be ahead of my local terracoind and cryptocoinexplorer.com.
Vircurex Blocks: 104530
My Blocks: 104508

TRC deposit to Vircurex is not showing up, probably due to this.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
gyverlb

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:40:24 PM

Vircurex is probably on the orphaned chain. I'm at 104508 too with latest git code.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
gyverlb

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:42:35 PM

Vircurex is probably on the orphaned chain. I'm at 104508 too with latest git code.

A sizable hashpower from P2Pool is on the orphaned chain too (with blocks >104508).

Or is something else wrong?

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
John Self

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:44:56 PM

People with a lot of coins manipulate the price higher by simulating demand, the people inflating the price sell the worthless coins at well below the current ask- buys get eaten, some noobs buy on the dip expecting a rebound, rinse and repeat.

14GXJ3Q16PJNNF6v4iyxhvuhacuhvckMym
Simran

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 12:37:13 AM

DISCLAIMER: The following is public information and does not violate the Privacy Act in any way, shape, fashion or form

Code:

LOL Good job finding my XDA-Developers account xD!!!!!!! Wrong DoB too!

If you want my info, just ask! I was born in '96, bitch ass nigga.

*Image Removed*
spacegoat

Activity: 112

We are connected. you are me I am you.

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 12:57:50 AM

stfu

yeah baby yeah
hiddenvalleyranch (OP)

Activity: 103

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:00:13 AM

Agreed. No one cares who has the bigger internet dick.
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 04:21:39 AM

That's what the "ignore" button is for. Smiley
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 06:03:30 AM

So the Terracoin development team is located in East Coast, United States?

I got into Terracoin at the start of this year to learn about the cryptocurrency network.  BTC is just too valuable to waste on test and experiment.  Believe me, I have learned so much thru TRC (including the current debacle) than I ever will via BTC.  Plus, the few active member such as Crazy Rabbit, Fuzzy Bear, and Walter Rothbard all seemed really nice (note the fuzzy animals and puppets in these user names).  So it is a real shame that TRC has come to this.

I just now saw this, and I wanted to thank you for your kind words, and add that I feel the same way about the other people who have been visibly involved here in Terracoin.  crazy_rabbit in particular has been an all around great guy and also great person to learn from.

I'm sorry to say I sold most of my Terracoin a few days ago when Rabbit warned everybody to take their TRC out of Terrawallet.  I've bought a few since then for playing around with, but not many.

I hope the network can recover.  TRC was the first altcoin I ever owned, and I learned a TON!  So I hope the devs hear that I greatly appreciate the work they put in and what I learned from the network they created and the economy surrounding it, and the actors in that economy.

I still say, thumbs up for Thumbs Up Guy!  I hope he comes back soon, and I hope that somewhere down the road the forked chains are orphaned and forgotten and things look stable again.  I'm still amazed at the resiliency of TRC's price on the exchanges at this moment in time.  I definitely will not rule out buying more at some point.

Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 06:08:45 AM

And on that note, a comment to the Terracoin devs:

What you said in the Genesis Block is beautiful, and I hope Stephanie is remembered in perpetuity.

Simran

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 08:37:19 AM

Code:

*Image Removed*
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: