Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:28:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Low quality topics do not belong here.  (Read 1664 times)
RawDog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 04:58:05 PM

Has this place gone to hell - or what?  The posts here are ridiculous.  Very low quality.  Some of the poster here are complete and total morons.  I think they need a filter.  Everyone should take a test, if you don't exceed the threshold score, you get a little * by your name to indicate moron and then your post rights get severely limited.  Maybe one post per week for morons. 

We have to do something to improve the level of discussion here.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4284
Merit: 3185

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 05:57:10 PM

Has this place gone to hell - or what?  The posts here are ridiculous.  Very low quality.  Some of the poster here are complete and total morons.  I think they need a filter.  Everyone should take a test, if you don't exceed the threshold score, you get a little * by your name to indicate moron and then your post rights get severely limited.  Maybe one post per week for morons.  

I believe that there are two reasons for the low-quality posts:

1. Adoption is growing exponentially, so most of the posters are still newbies, even after 6 years.
2. Signature campaigns motivate people to post even though they have nothing to add.

Some possible solutions:

1. Limit posts per day based on position: from newbie getting 1 post per day, to legendary getting 100 per day.
2. Disallow links in signatures.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
senyorito123

Activity: 1708
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:16:34 PM

1. Adoption is growing exponentially, so most of the posters are still newbies, even after 6 years.

Yeah, and also some newbies did not even bother to read any forum rules and guidelines on posting here. They are just excited on joining a signature campaign.

2. Signature campaigns motivate people to post even though they have nothing to add.

Signature campaign got a high post per week task, that's why campaign members are rushing on posting without the significance of a good quality posts

1. Limit posts per day based on position: from newbie getting 1 post per day, to legendary getting 100 per day.

This will be a good solution but i will suggest this idea. Maybe they should add a waiting time or interval per post. like interval for every post is 2hrs or lesser. That's the way to reduce the amount of post made by users. Also sig campaigns will adjust too. They lessen the post requirements per week and also they will add more lines per post on the requirements like if they accept good post construction of 3 lines then they will add more 2 lines and it will be a 5 liner post.

What you mean disallow? Whats the purpose of the signature? Signature camps purpose is to promote their site right? so if there is no link allowed on a signature then why make a signature campaign?

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

DingDong87

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:35:29 PM

Has this place gone to hell - or what?  The posts here are ridiculous.  Very low quality.  Some of the poster here are complete and total morons.  I think they need a filter.  Everyone should take a test, if you don't exceed the threshold score, you get a little * by your name to indicate moron and then your post rights get severely limited.  Maybe one post per week for morons. 

While I agree with you but the newbies who come to a new bitcoin world can't be expected to be technical and highly professional from day one and anyone being called moron in a community won't be using the currency and hence a downfall.
RawDog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 10:44:06 PM

While I agree with you but the newbies who come to a new bitcoin world can't be expected to be technical and highly professional from day one and anyone being called moron in a community won't be using the currency and hence a downfall.

If you quit using a remarkable and useful currency merely because someone calls you a moron, then you are a moron.  You are a moron and you deserved to be called one.  Now go away. 

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 4406

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:44:31 PM

though i like the idea, rationally we will just end up seeing sheep making several accounts so that they can post under lots of different usernames.
this also needs to be reigned in and managed. as there are alot of spammers repeating the same fake doomsdays they lack understanding of , but hope if they show X people repeating them, people will sheep follow them into the wolves den

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:53:33 PM

Then stop making those low quality topics. You're the one making these poor threads. Trying to make people leave this forum to join your groups?

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 11:57:26 PM

Everyone has the right to talk, and that's what happens in this forum, some do it in a professional way and others do it just to reach a number of post / week and don't care about their post quality newbie or not,

You mean, most people reply to reach their quota. Let's be honest here. If YoBit and Bitmixer were still active in the spam scene (where it's harder to shitpost and get paid for it nowadays) there would be even more spam now than before.

I have seen newbies who have a level of expression superior to some legendary which with all the years that they have spent in this forum of knowledge

Because they are new to bitcoin, have lurked for a while, or are new alts/accounts while Legendary accounts (more likely Sr. and Hero) could have been sold accounts with new owners that decide to spam. Rank really doesn't carry any weight here.

If you want to improve the quality of topics, start to improve yours, and  other will follow

Not likely, since there will only be more and more accounts joining to shitpost. For every quality poster, there's going to be 10 that are abysmal and recyclers.

Posts will always consist of "I agree" and "yes, <insert previous post here>". I find that for every single reply that begins with "soooo" (add in as many o's as you wish) it always ends up being crap. Maybe it's the same person, too lazy to actually find threads to post on (and thus going to 50-page ones).

Low-quality topics don't belong here, but unfortunately, you can't do much about them since they'll constantly be created by either ignorant newbies or more likely alt accounts solely made to create topics to low-effort spam on. Look at all the vague and generalized threads in (almost) any section... all the repeat threads, all the loaning threads, auctions, investor-based game threads where people say the same thing and it's a race to be first to post "you need collateral" or "this is a scam!" or "can you give me more info?"

It's a shitshow.

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:08:55 AM

Everyone has the right to talk, and that's what happens in this forum, some do it in a professional way and others do it just to reach a number of post / week and don't care about their post quality newbie or not, I have seen newbies who have a level of expression superior to some legendary which with all the years that they have spent in this forum of knowledge  treat other to being moron, And others who imagine that the sheep will eventually join this community.
If you want to improve the quality of topics, start to improve yours, and  other will follow

You have the right to speak, but you don't have the right to force others to speak to you.  Roll Eyes
The best way to regulate users is by rank, or essentially how long/active they have been in this forum.
Just because you have seen some exceptional newbies doesn't mean that approach is wrong.
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:46:47 AM

What you mean disallow? Whats the purpose of the signature? Signature camps purpose is to promote their site right? so if there is no link allowed on a signature then why make a signature campaign?

That is exactly the purpose of disallowing links. Signature campaign make money from people clicking on their links. If there are no links to click on, then the signature campaigns will go away, and so will the spam.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
majorX

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:12:54 AM

I do not think signature campaign are the problem, because since YoBit died, there is no very lucrative signature campaign not controlling what the users are posting. This is for me quite monitored. Problem is that there is lots of new people coming, and those need some time to adapt. Could you show us an exemple of what you have in mind so we could discuss about this precise case ?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 08:27:20 AM

The "test" idea has been discussed and its likely that it would stop "legit newbies", but not "professional spammers", as they would just get a cheat sheet for the answer.

I personall like what Mitchell is currently doing. They close threads once the topic has reached a low quality point and the question by the OP has been answered. I think its a great way to stop redundant answers.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 12:05:19 PM

I do not think signature campaign are the problem, because since YoBit died, there is no very lucrative signature campaign not controlling what the users are posting.
It seems that someone is not aware of the current situation. There are hundreds of shitposters and farmed accounts depending on which campaigns you're looking at. Some are managed in a very limited way.

I personall like what Mitchell is currently doing. They close threads once the topic has reached a low quality point and the question by the OP has been answered. I think its a great way to stop redundant answers.
That's what the goal was, starting with the creation of the general threads. I'm not sure whether hilarious wants to attempt to do this with Bitcoin Discussion. Moving out the trash threads such as 'What would you do if you had X Bitcoin?' was the first step, but it is no longer adequate.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:29:33 PM

Yup probably right. That is why you are here a veteran you should teach newbies instead IMO. As far as i know there where i guess x3-4x newbies that are coming in weekly and  most of the veterans are getting tired of it and quit and i guess it make things worse
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:21:06 PM

I believe that there are two reasons for the low-quality posts:
1.Newbies are not really the problem.In Fact,they're the most curious about forum's rules and how to contribute effectively.The problem are the shit lods of newbie account farmers who pretend to be "newbies".
2.Agree.That's what keeps the forum going I guess ?

1.Well thought but don't you think you're limiting a person's freedom to speak ? I personally won't like to stop involving in a discussion just because my daily posting limit is over.
2.Superficial.
senyorito123

Activity: 1708
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:00:48 PM

That is exactly the purpose of disallowing links. Signature campaign make money from people clicking on their links. If there are no links to click on, then the signature campaigns will go away, and so will the spam.

Oh! I see!. That's what you meant, Yes it will get rid of the spam thing. How about those people who depend on sig campaign? They will find a way to make some stable income ? There is no other stable income here. That's the problem on people who depend only on sig campaign. Maybe they will enter the world of trading, trade some money and will get profit. But trading is a long term process, i think disallowing links will not help this community it will only discourage newbies to stay here. And this community will gonna be dead if they will disallow links on the signature area.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 11:16:17 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2017, 11:27:07 PM by actmyname

Oh! I see!. That's what you meant, Yes it will get rid of the spam thing. How about those people who depend on sig campaign? They will find a way to make some stable income ? There is no other stable income here. That's the problem on people who depend only on sig campaign. Maybe they will enter the world of trading, trade some money and will get profit. But trading is a long term process, i think disallowing links will not help this community it will only discourage newbies to stay here. And this community will gonna be dead if they will disallow links on the signature area.

You're arguing that signature campaigns are the only things that are keeping this forum alive.

Wrong.

This might be strawmanning, but if you imply that, then it should also mean that the forum should not have even started up back before any signature campaigns existed... but take a look at old threads - there was a ton of discussion. The campaigns are more detrimental than positive to the forum, IMO. And a good chunk of newbies likely are not here solely for sig campaigns - I know I wasn't. I'm not quite sure why it would discourage anybody apart from account farmers and campaign spammers grinding cents.

chikiuso

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:06:47 AM

Signature campaigns help the adoption of bitcoin, altcoins, it is reasonable to exist. You can't blame everything on it, without it, the forum's alexa rank will be much lower, bitcoin wil, be used in much less group. Growing on bitcoin and altcoin companies will benefit the crypto curency community and ecosystem.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bitcointalk.org  

Now is 4853, since you are legendary, I assume you have plenty of bitcoins, while most people don't have, if I have more than 1000 BTC like big holders, I would never join campaigns, lile you. Early adopters should help newbies to make bitcoin, not ban them. Bitcoin is a mutual help community, bitcoin makes more and more people economy free, it is a good sign.
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 06:17:23 AM

... Early adopters should help newbies to make bitcoin, not ban them. Bitcoin is a mutual help community, bitcoin makes more and more people economy free, it is a good sign.

The easiest, most effective, and most convenient way to obtain bitcoins is to buy them.

Unless you live in a very poor country, you will make more by doing menial labor and converting to bitcoins than you will by clicking on faucets or by being a member of a signature campaign.

darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:53:54 PM

You're arguing that signature campaigns are the only things that are keeping this forum alive.

Wrong.

This might be strawmanning, but if you imply that, then it should also mean that the forum should not have even started up back before any signature campaigns existed... but take a look at old threads - there was a ton of discussion. The campaigns are more detrimental than positive to the forum, IMO. And a good chunk of newbies likely are not here solely for sig campaigns - I know I wasn't. I'm not quite sure why it would discourage anybody apart from account farmers and campaign spammerbitcoining cents.

Exactly, In fact there are a lot of forums right now who does not even offer signatures but the discussion are still good. Tho it gets worse here because people come here now not to discuss. I still can remember when i signed in to this forum and just focus on the micro earnings thread because i do only faucets to earn bitcoin and doesnt even care about my post as long as i got a good discussion with other faucet users
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: