Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:22:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin saving  (Read 8780 times)
Huge Black Woman

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:36:52 AM

I'm surprised to see so many posts from people saying "i've never heard of this thing before"...then I scroll down and see their signature and I'm no longer surprised.

Here's my advice for you - GREAT IDEA TO SAVE MONEY! I mean, if it takes a gimmick like this, go for it! Since the price of bitcoin can be so volatile I'd try to even out your savings payments a bit, so you're not buying in low during the early weeks (when the gimmick says to only put in $1 or $5 in a week) and high in the later weeks.

If you save $25 a week you'll save roughly the same amount of money and you'll be able to get a more even distribution of your investment in bitcoin across another year which I'm sure will have many ups and downs in price.

As for the payments, you can do the fiat equivalent in bitcoin or up the amount to something that suits your budget.

Good luck to you!
Thissa bit off topic, but I wont y'all ta know thet I read thru this whole thread an' I fully agree witchu.  Ain' nobody read nonna the stuff that's written here.  They jist awritin' fo they signature campaigns.  They so stupit, they prolly sittin' in they basements makin' baloon animals out they left ova party favor box.  Dirty feet an' all.

OK, I'll acheck this thang out.  Don't seem like y'all need a gotdamn computer sience degree ta' know you need ta save money.  Y'all like a buncha special ed 3rd graders up in here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:37:50 AM

Is anyone in here familiar with the 52 weeks money challenge?
Since it is new year I've decided to take that challenge as a refresher and to try if I can save money using that pattern.
Question now is do you think saving with bitcoin will work? I you are familiar with the 52 week challenge it is where your daily deposit in your saving will have an increament of which amount you started in week one. Since bitcoin is so volatile do you think i'll save more if it is in fiat or in bitcoin?

Even i din't come up with this challenge but for coming to saving both are good for saving, but there is a slight difference in it when you save in fiat always the currency is same but coming to bitcoin it might vary from month to month. Even i am planning to give a try in both currency which will give much profit in long run, but most you will make profit with bitcoin when compared to fiat.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
ScaryMe

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:55:09 AM

I never try this challenge tho I want to share my opinion..

So for me, better use the bitcoin on saving because your fiat money is not increasing but in bitcoin once you convert it to what every currency the value changes, just make a right timing on it.

savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:36:00 AM

I have never heard about this challenge. But about saving bitcoin or fiat currency , in my opinion save your savings 50 percent in bitcoin and 50 percent in fiat currency because nobody knows whats going to happen tomorrow. Saving bitcoin is just like you are doing gambling. ofcourse it has got the potential to go beyond 2000 dollars by the end of this year, but still there are many things you should consider. If any government immediately bans buying and selling of digital currency it will affect its price. Or if any hackers create a program and do some hacking activity, immediately the price of bitcoin will drop leaving people's trust in bitcoin to fade. ofcourse nothing like that will happen but  should be prepared to face any situation , if decided to have savings in bitcoin. So for a safe side have your savings 50 percent in bitcoin and 50 percent in fiat
deadsilent

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:43:29 AM

Why not? Bitcoin is worth a try. It can give you much profit when it pumps. This will be your investment. The price is very volatile but its worth the money you have put into it. The price will drop but it can still recover overtime. Bitcoin have strong foundation. Thats why it has ability to recover quickly. Bitcoin is worth a try. Im telling you that.
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:51:25 AM

My company offers to buy company stock with money from my salary, for example 100€/month (then it adds about 75€ to that). It's a good way to ride the up and downs. I'm not doing it that way though, so far I put in big checks when I think is the right time. But I'm not always right.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 06:14:01 AM

I've heard of the challenge and I did it for about a month. I am not really a person who saves that much money so I had to quit after a small amount of time.

I think if you are decent at saving money, then it is probably better to do the challenge with Bitcoin because it will definitely work and you would be saving even more money because of the fluctuating price of Bitcoin.
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 06:32:32 AM

If you earn about the same money every month (or week) then I don't think the challenge makes much sense.

Having a year goal and a plan to get there is good, but starting with a low sum the first week and 52 times more in the last week makes no sense and isn't good financial practice.
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 06:54:11 AM

If you earn about the same money every month (or week) then I don't think the challenge makes much sense.

Having a year goal and a plan to get there is good, but starting with a low sum the first week and 52 times more in the last week makes no sense and isn't good financial practice.
It is a quite good idea , There will be a thrill if you save your money like that. You keep multiplying the daily savings in 1 year.
In the last month of the year you will surely have trouble some in saving on a week. The price is growing larger each month.  Actually Ive done it last year and the saving is finally done.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 06:59:57 AM

Regards this challenge, I think you would generate more savings if you take on bitcoins in the long run and assuming the growth in price will remain. For example, if you deposit $10 per week as savings that $10 would appreciate in the long run with bitcoins. Unlike if it was fiat, $10 would still be $10 in the long run.
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 08:07:00 AM

I think that's a good idea,saving bitcoin.As you start your earnings even just a small amount if you manage to save it,then as your savings will become double and eventually you earned more than what you expected,we can never tell that when time comes that the exchange of bitcoin will rise over fiat then your absolutely right with your decision of saving it.

STUDENTCOIN