Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:59:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How low do you think the chinese volume will go, now that PBOC is auditing them?  (Read 2131 times)
silverbox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 07:50:22 PM

And all that fake wash trade volume goes away..

It already appears about 1/5th the volume and still dropping..

Will this cause the price to rise or fall?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 09:26:51 PM

In the end, the regulations will only cause price increases due to fees, restrictions, etc. Bitcoin will be harder to get, thus people will pay more.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 11:10:29 PM

I do wonder where the Chinese miners will sell their coins now. They were using the huge volume of those exchanges as a way to hide their sales. I wonder if they'll go OTC now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:53:04 AM

And all that fake wash trade volume goes away..

It already appears about 1/5th the volume and still dropping..

Will this cause the price to rise or fall?

i expect a drop down too but not to western exchange volume. it deffinitely is going to be still much higher because they still have 0 fee for trading and also there are lots of people over there trading bitcoin!

and it shouldn't affect price at all, technically speaking. because if we believe it was fake volume, nothing has changed. and margin trading that war removed i doubt have any significant effect on price.

Buying the dip...
wikireseller_to

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 05:09:16 AM

Like the others said - I don't expect much influence on price. The only effect will be that 'maybe' the fake volume will go away.
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 906

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 06:59:53 AM

In the end, the regulations will only cause price increases due to fees, restrictions, etc. Bitcoin will be harder to get, thus people will pay more.

I don`t think so.If bitcoin becomes harder to get and more expensive to use,i think that it will be less attractive for the people and more btc users will move to altcoins or leave the crypto community.

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:36:04 AM

Without fake volume the chances of another Gox event will be lower, because the exchange will indeed have all the coins they are buying and selling, so they won't go bankruptcy because of this.

And Bitcoin will look more reliable without the suspicious about fake volumes.

Also there is no way to know in what extend the fall in the volume is because of fake volume going away or because people are avoiding the exchange while the routine inspection still is going on

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:56:09 AM

I do wonder where the Chinese miners will sell their coins now. They were using the huge volume of those exchanges as a way to hide their sales. I wonder if they'll go OTC now.

It's 'only' 1800 Bitcoin per day. If that is split up between a few farms, then each probably only needs to sell 500 per day. 
That won't crash the market, even if they dump it at market price, which I would hope and expect they don't do!

There must be some OTC trades going on. If I were in charge of a big Bitcoin mine, I would be looking to have contracts set up to guarantee my price over a longer time period.
They could sell at market price -2% or so, or try to lock in a price, though that might be a bit more difficult when the price is so volatile!
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 11:38:08 AM

I don`t think so.If bitcoin becomes harder to get and more expensive to use,i think that it will be less attractive for the people and more btc users will move to altcoins or leave the crypto community.

That's true, if it goes much expensive only the large fiat holders will invest and show interest upon buying bitcoin. As quoted the focus surely turns towards altcoins. Because the price is very low comparatively as well few coins were giving good price pump these days.

Mikkiun

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 11:48:49 AM

It's 'only' 1800 Bitcoin per day. If that is split up between a few farms, then each probably only needs to sell 500 per day. 
That won't crash the market, even if they dump it at market price, which I would hope and expect they don't do!

There must be some OTC trades going on. If I were in charge of a big Bitcoin mine, I would be looking to have contracts set up to guarantee my price over a longer time period.
They could sell at market price -2% or so, or try to lock in a price, though that might be a bit more difficult when the price is so volatile!

I think there are some big dumps on those exchanges when PBOC has finished auditing and then the price will become normal and it will continue to grow up in this year . I guess it will hit 1,500$ at the end of 2017.

Minexcoin-A new era of payments||ICO||DISCUSSION
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 12:04:24 PM

it is more than 1800BTC because of the fees, and there are lots of miners because most of the names you see on charts for hashrate are pools and pools divide the reward among all those who are connected to them so everyone gets a small portion.

and even if they dump all they get, it will still take a bigger dump to push price down because of the resistance that grows as you go down.

and not to mention they wouldn't want price to go down.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
rogerwilco

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:19:00 PM

That's what they said about each halving too. Just saying.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:55:37 PM

People disappointed with bitcoin won't move to another altcoin. In the end every coin aim is to reach total adoption and Bitcoin will be always the closest cryptocurency to reach it.
If other coins will become popular they would have to be to bring in line with other payment systems and regulated in the same way bitcoin is (or will be)!
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:56:08 PM

That's what they said about each halving too. Just saying.

It's clear that the halvings have been all positive since the beginning, so I wouldn't discuss that.

PBOC... all they do is warn people about the volatility while creating the most volatility. They have realized this so they will keep dropping those bombs to profit from the panic sellers, as long as it keeps working they will keep making those announcements.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:56:21 PM

I don't think the price shall be effected as I feel the Bitcoin has already discounted the China effect, it had corrected itself after the gaint leap and it had come down. So for me now all eyes turn to America and brexit, those are the key events we should be waiting for and I feel China effect on Bitcoin temporally is over. Let's wait and see what's the new news that's takes btc up or down.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 12:33:53 AM

That's true, if it goes much expensive only the large fiat holders will invest and show interest upon buying bitcoin. As quoted the focus surely turns towards altcoins. Because the price is very low comparatively as well few coins were giving good price pump these days.

What difference does the price of Bitcoin make? People want to use it because it is decentralized and practical in this digital age. You can still buy $20 worth of BTC no matter what the price.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 12:24:42 PM

uh, and how do you obtain 95% of alts? you need that dirty old btc to get it. they're irrevocably tied together for now. and if an alt did take the lead it would have the exact same problems.
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:11:47 PM

If all of sudden the chinese volume goes down exactly when PBOC is audicting them will looks too suspicious.

I think they will find a way to keep the volume high, for their own survival sake
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 05:04:49 PM

Look at the MACD indicators on the Chinese exchanges... the volume has gone down a lot, but this is the good news: The price has gone up since then, this means that the price can keep growing without the massive arbitrage that was probably going on on the markets.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 09:17:45 PM

Is the PBOC really auditing them or just saying they are?
I think they are auditing, but it's nothing big. Have you seen the interview with Bobby Lee? He said the government is just making sure the exchanges are willing to comply and are aware of all the rules and regulations. It's just a show of force, they are not trying to shut them down or they would have done it already.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███