Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:45:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How low do you think the chinese volume will go, now that PBOC is auditing them?  (Read 2131 times)
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 05:42:18 PM

Is the PBOC really auditing them or just saying they are?
I think they are auditing, but it's nothing big. Have you seen the interview with Bobby Lee? He said the government is just making sure the exchanges are willing to comply and are aware of all the rules and regulations. It's just a show of force, they are not trying to shut them down or they would have done it already.

As mentioned its just an audit that makes clear about the transaction taken place through the exchange. This helps to have an accurate calculation of the bitcoin each exchange holds. Its not an effort to destroy the exchange or bitcoin functionalities. Its to have a cross check to keep the economy of the country in a stable manner in relation to the economic change caused by the bitcoin exchanges.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 05:51:55 PM

things are getting pretty interesting in Chinese markets. the fake volumes are fading away, the zero fee seems to be no more an option on the 3 major exchanges out there and so far there was a pretty significant drop in the volume.

i don't think it can affect the price, but instead it will affect the swings, which means it will make the swings smaller.

There is a FOMO brewing...
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 09:40:35 PM

Is the PBOC really auditing them or just saying they are?
I think they are auditing, but it's nothing big. Have you seen the interview with Bobby Lee? He said the government is just making sure the exchanges are willing to comply and are aware of all the rules and regulations. It's just a show of force, they are not trying to shut them down or they would have done it already.

They are definitely checking that no more margin trading is taking place, because the exchanges didn't have a licence to lend money. Volumes are bound to come down if there is no margin trading and fees are applied on every trade.

We should find out by the end of the week what real volume looks like on those exchanges.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 12:26:25 AM

They are definitely checking that no more margin trading is taking place, because the exchanges didn't have a licence to lend money. Volumes are bound to come down if there is no margin trading and fees are applied on every trade.

We should find out by the end of the week what real volume looks like on those exchanges.

Trading volumes will get affected directly, but I think the real impact will be visible after a few months. Major traders there will change their trading methods as flash trading isn't interesting anymore due to the fees that they are subject to. It surprises me that this announcement from the PBOC has lead to such a level of dumps while I think it's fantastic news. The price should have moved in opposite direction. But as always, people let the negativity come first while they don't even know what's going on. It's purely blind panic that takes over their entire mind...
silverbox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 12:03:43 AM

Volume is down around 1 to 2% of what it used to be.  I did not think 98% of the chinese volume was fake..  But it sure seems that way..
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 02:05:03 AM

They have bots to reprogram on top of getting a feel for how it's gonna behave from now on.

Give it a few days before deciding what it truly looks like.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 12:54:34 PM

Volume is down around 1 to 2% of what it used to be.  I did not think 98% of the chinese volume was fake..  But it sure seems that way..

The Chinese are addicted to gambling and money, it was clear that they were fucking around at ridiculous levels with all that fake volume. It would need to be researched what is considered as fake volume tho... margin trading with bitcoins you dont own is not necessary "fake" as long as both parties reach an agreement.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 01:31:03 PM

things are getting pretty interesting in Chinese markets. the fake volumes are fading away, the zero fee seems to be no more an option on the 3 major exchanges out there and so far there was a pretty significant drop in the volume.

i don't think it can affect the price, but instead it will affect the swings, which means it will make the swings smaller.

Although fake volumes are fading away, still is it making any negative impact on bitcoin volume and price. No, it is not.
As i have learnt this  that now bitcoin is not controlled by fake volumes. People are really interested in this and this will make bitcoin more stronger.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 01:47:46 PM

Although fake volumes are fading away, still is it making any negative impact on bitcoin volume and price. No, it is not.
As i have learnt this  that now bitcoin is not controlled by fake volumes. People are really interested in this and this will make bitcoin more stronger.

Looks like price is testing $890, which seems to be a key support area. If we get below $890 I wouldn't be surprised if we saw price come down to the low $800's.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 11:14:27 AM

I could be wrong, but after a short period nothing really will change. Of course, at first, is obvious that trading volumes will be affected until traders find the way to adapt. In the end situation shall return as is nowadays because for Chinese there are no many alternative reliable solutions to transfer abroad their fiat money.
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 03:31:35 AM

Seems like we're either going to try to rest mid-high $900's again. If we keep trying and continue failing, we're bound to go down eventually. But it seems as of right now, all things are well, better even without China.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 11:12:18 AM

Seems like we're either going to try to rest mid-high $900's again. If we keep trying and continue failing, we're bound to go down eventually. But it seems as of right now, all things are well, better even without China.

mid-high $900s isn't bad at all. We would steel need a step up from current levels.
As long as the Chinese don't decide to dump bitcoins in the changed scenario, we should be safe.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 11:55:33 AM

Yes I can see another attempt coming to break the $1000 again.
If we should fail we will probably go down.How much has to be seen then.
In terms of China it's not like they don't exist anymore.It's just that there role is not that much significant as many thought.I see this as a good thing.Especially for a possible future ETF approval. Very good sign for investors imo.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 12:15:47 PM

Yes it does not give any negative impact instead, I think it gives the opposite.  Since huge fake volume is out of the circulation, I think traders will now have a more accurate prediction of the market.  Though I don't think that this will effect Bitcoin Price since nothing had change just the fake volume being gone.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2017, 12:23:13 PM

In terms of China it's not like they don't exist anymore.It's just that there role is not that much significant as many thought.I see this as a good thing.Especially for a possible future ETF approval. Very good sign for investors imo.

you speak as if it is a sports game where the athlete tries to beat a record and gives up after a while! Cheesy

price moves up based on the demand and the attention it is getting, and that is rising with new investors coming in and buying more bitcoin and also all those whales who sold a while back to create panic are not accumulating again. and price will go up because of these things.

in case market was not ready to break $1000 and by any chance there were some resistance, it will come down to previous levels (at this point it is $920) and start up again.

--looking for signature--
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6054

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 11:14:59 PM

I think we will see the real Chinese trading volume in about two weeks.

While on the first days after the introduction of the fees the volume was still relatively high (I guess some of the traders had forgotten to turn off their bots, or were continuing to try to make profit) after January 27 it has gone even lower because of Chinese New Year. These festivities will continue until next weekend, so it will be in the second week of February where the situation will normalize and we'll see the real volume.

As for the price, I think it's a bit bearish because some part of the "to da moon myth" was based on the Chinese volume (all media saying "Chinese are moving their money into BTC", what was only true for a very small part of the population). As this has been rebutted, a part of the adoption myth is falling down. For now, I expect the price will be determined by the outcome of the blocksize war - if things continue stuck like now, I expect a drop and a retest of 780-800.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 03:16:37 PM

While on the first days after the introduction of the fees the volume was still relatively high (I guess some of the traders had forgotten to turn off their bots, or were continuing to try to make profit) after January 27 it has gone even lower because of Chinese New Year. These festivities will continue until next weekend, so it will be in the second week of February where the situation will normalize and we'll see the real volume.

As for the price, I think it's a bit bearish because some part of the "to da moon myth" was based on the Chinese volume (all media saying "Chinese are moving their money into BTC", what was only true for a very small part of the population). As this has been rebutted, a part of the adoption myth is falling down. For now, I expect the price will be determined by the outcome of the blocksize war - if things continue stuck like now, I expect a drop and a retest of 780-800.

Which makes now a good time to cash out. The only thing that leaves me hesitant is the fact we're seeing a nice price increase right now. Thoughts?

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 03:26:34 PM

Which makes now a good time to cash out. The only thing that leaves me hesitant is the fact we're seeing a nice price increase right now. Thoughts?

The power of china in the bitcoin market was always overrated. They played a lot with the fake margins and whatnot, but the demand for bitcoin has always been real. Bitcoin can go up to 1000$+ again easily with anglosphere money only, we never needed the chinese exchanges, anglo countries can stablish new ATH themselves.
mtwelve
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 05:57:25 PM

you speak as if it is a sports game where the athlete tries to beat a record and gives up after a while! Cheesy

price moves up based on the demand and the attention it is getting, and that is rising with new investors coming in and buying more bitcoin and also all those whales who sold a while back to create panic are not accumulating again. and price will go up because of these things.

in case market was not ready to break $1000 and by any chance there were some resistance, it will come down to previous levels (at this point it is $920) and start up again.

If you have see the typical patterns Bitcoin has had in the past, or any altcoin for that matter, if a key level is tested multiple times and met with resistance, the price tends to go down. While yes price is influenced by market demand to an extent, Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies is still highly speculative.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: