Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:59:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [need help] Is it possible to start with low amounts of money ?  (Read 823 times)
User365 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:25:19 PM

Hey there,

first of all, sry for my bad english and i did some research so please dont tell me to "google it".

The antminer S9 is with its mining power currently the best hardware wich i found, but it costs about 2200$, which i simly dont want to spend, as i am new to this.

I used online calculators which calculate profit and came to the conclusion (after like 5 other miner hardwares) that if the miner is faster (and more expensive) the better it is (get more money in comparison to investment).

So my main question is, is there any miner which is not as good (and expensive) as the antminer S9, but has a simmilar profit in comparison to investment rate ?
I thought of spending like 300$ in hardware and get those 300$ back in like ~ a year.

Thx for your help!

[could be your ad]
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:37:44 PM

Hey there,

first of all, sry for my bad english and i did some research so please dont tell me to "google it".

The antminer S9 is with its mining power currently the best hardware wich i found, but it costs about 2200$, which i simly dont want to spend, as i am new to this.

I used online calculators which calculate profit and came to the conclusion (after like 5 other miner hardwares) that if the miner is faster (and more expensive) the better it is (get more money in comparison to investment).

So my main question is, is there any miner which is not as good (and expensive) as the antminer S9, but has a simmilar profit in comparison to investment rate ?
I thought of spending like 300$ in hardware and get those 300$ back in like ~ a year.

Thx for your help!

For that amount of money to invest, you should probably look into GPU mining for alt-coins. Check into the Alt Coin mining threads on this forum and see what they have to say. For $300 in equipment and trying to mine Bitcoins, I don't think there is a route to profit unless you have VERY cheap or free electricity. Just my .02.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
User365 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:53:14 PM

what would be the minimum amount to start mining bitcoin ? I got VERY cheap Electicity Wink

any hardware you could reccomend ?

[could be your ad]
PokemonFun

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:56:11 PM

Yea it is possible and later just og and upgrade mining field for more and more mining devices to create own mining factory which will give a really good profit without any hardwork.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2017, 09:58:30 PM

With that budget, I suppose you could buy either Antminer S7-LN by Bitmain or Avalon6 by Canaan Creative, for example.
Second-hand units of those miner models can be found for example here at the forum.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

I recommend to use an escrow for the purchase.

I highly recommend that you calculate your monthly cost for running a miner and use a calculator to estimate if you could make a profit.

wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 11:04:38 PM

With that budget, I suppose you could buy either Antminer S7-LN by Bitmain or Avalon6 by Canaan Creative, for example.
Second-hand units of those miner models can be found for example here at the forum.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

I recommend to use an escrow for the purchase.

I highly recommend that you calculate your monthly cost for running a miner and use a calculator to estimate if you could make a profit.

Good idea. I didn't really think of lower-speed, used gear in that price range since I've never priced used gear.

A VERY good and prudent recommendation to calculate costs to mine per month vs. estimated profit. Unless electricity is cheap, it could be difficult to make much of a profit. Also need to factor in increasing difficulty as time goes by. What could be slightly profitable now might not be profitable in 6 months.

Free electricity on the other hand is all gravy after the initial costs of buying the hardware.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:47:13 AM

if your electricity is very low, you can buy a second hand antminer like s7 or s5 and begin with that they cost far less but very inefficient

so yes it's possible but don't expect to have a good profit with those old miners
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:07:39 PM

At that kind of investment level, you should be looking into adding a GPU and a good power supply upgrade for an existing computer and look into altcoin mining, or wait a little while for SideHack to get his BitFury pod design up running and up for sale.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 09:22:15 AM

Yea it is possible and later just og and upgrade mining field for more and more mining devices to create own mining factory which will give a really good profit without any hardwork.

You're right but it isn't that simple, your initial capital for the hardware investment will be will in itself take a long time to make ROI-a year or over depends on electricity cost and so adding more hardware will in fact take quite a long time before you can start making profits-not until you have redeemed your start up capital.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: