Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:23:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Interest in bitcoin at an ALL TIME HIGH!  (Read 1982 times)
Zotia (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

TokenUnion-Get Rewarded for Holding Crypto

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 09:19:41 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2013, 12:57:06 AM by Zotia

Google trend traffic about bitcoin is DOUBLE that of last week: http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin&date=today%201-m&cmpt=q

"buy bitcoin" is up from last week: http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=%22buy%20bitcoin%22&date=today%201-m&cmpt=q
"buy bitcoins" is also up from last week: http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=%22buy+bitcoins%22&date=today+1-m&cmpt=q

It looks like we might go straight into another bubble.

▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
███████                ██████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
███████▀▀▀▀██    ██▀▀▀▀███████
███████    ██    ██    ███████
███████    ▀██▄▄██▀    ███████
███████▄     ▀▀▀▀     ▄███████
████████▄            ▄████████
██████████▄▄      ▄▄██████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
.TokenUnion.

Reinventing Savings via Cryptoeconomically
Incentivized Holding

████▄▄▄
   ██  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄
   ██        ▀▀▀███▄
  ██     ▄██▄     ██
  ██     ▀██▀     ██
 ██   ███▄▄▄     ██
 ██     ▀▀▀███   ██
██   ███▄▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀███   ██
▀███▄▄▄        ██
   ▀▀▀████▄▄▄  ██
         ▀▀▀████
WP
■  Telegram     ■  Github
            ■  Reddit     ■  Twitter
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John Self

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:09:05 AM

This is an oversimplified analysis. A lot of the press has been bad in recent days. A lot of people like me are forming early impressions, so the bad press will put a dampener on growth. I predict a much slower climb back to bubble prices- after then, who knows.

14GXJ3Q16PJNNF6v4iyxhvuhacuhvckMym
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:11:48 AM

This is an oversimplified analysis. A lot of the press has been bad in recent days. A lot of people like me are forming early impressions, so the bad press will put a dampener on growth. I predict a much slower climb back to bubble prices- after then, who knows.
The climb will attract people as they realized the bad press didn't damage prices. The paradox feedback loop will continue.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:12:18 AM

Just something to get you back to the bottom a bit:

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin%2C%20PayPal&date=1%2F2010%2041m&cmpt=q

We have still a long way to go!

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:19:31 AM

Wikipedia confirms an all time high interest in Bitcoin.

http://stats.grok.se/en/latest90/bitcoin
Zotia (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

TokenUnion-Get Rewarded for Holding Crypto

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:23:18 AM

Why would the "buy bitcoin" and "buy bitcoins" searches increase, then?

▄████████████████████████████▄
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
███████▀▀▀▀██    ██▀▀▀▀███████
███████    ▀██▄▄██▀    ███████
███████▄     ▀▀▀▀     ▄███████
████████▄            ▄████████
██████████▄▄      ▄▄██████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
.TokenUnion.

Reinventing Savings via Cryptoeconomically
Incentivized Holding

████▄▄▄
   ██  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄
   ██        ▀▀▀███▄
  ██     ▄██▄     ██
  ██     ▀██▀     ██
 ██   ███▄▄▄     ██
 ██     ▀▀▀███   ██
██   ███▄▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀███   ██
▀███▄▄▄        ██
   ▀▀▀████▄▄▄  ██
         ▀▀▀████
WP
■  Telegram     ■  Github
            ■  Reddit     ■  Twitter
just1nmc

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:23:55 AM

The bitcoin subreddit also shows this (30% growth this week).
http://stattit.com/r/bitcoin/

And likely this forum, which is at 8,300 new users so far this month. On track to pass the June 2011 record.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:25:05 AM

Good to know - this is just starting.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:34:13 PM

Google trend traffic about bitcoin is DOUBLE that of last week:  http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin&date=today%201-m&cmpt=q

"buy bitcoin" is up from last week: http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=%22buy%20bitcoin%22&date=today%201-m&cmpt=q
"buy bitcoins" is also up from last week: http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=%22buy+bitcoins%22&date=today+1-m&cmpt=q

It looks like we might go straight into another bubble.

If it's the new normal maybe we should stop calling it a bubble.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:36:33 PM

There has been bad press all along. I think people know the so called crash was more of a fluke than natural.

If the crash had happened on its own without market manipulation to force a crash then maybe we wouldn't still be bullish but in this situation the price was going up and up and then some hacker pricks decided to crash it single handedly. This is a problem which could be fixed and if the infrastructure problem didnt exist then it might have hit $1000 and beyond.
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:42:20 PM

Just something to get you back to the bottom a bit:

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin%2C%20PayPal&date=1%2F2010%2041m&cmpt=q

We have still a long way to go!
For April it's 31/100 btc/paypal

Actually that's a lot compared to previous months, the interest in bitcoins is almost 1/3th of the interest for paypal.  Shocked

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
John Self

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:44:33 PM

There has been bad press all along. I think people know the so called crash was more of a fluke than natural.

If the crash had happened on its own without market manipulation to force a crash then maybe we wouldn't still be bullish but in this situation the price was going up and up and then some hacker pricks decided to crash it single handedly. This is a problem which could be fixed and if the infrastructure problem didnt exist then it might have hit $1000 and beyond.

You have it wrong, the site crashed due to high volume, check the mtgox news section.

14GXJ3Q16PJNNF6v4iyxhvuhacuhvckMym
AlgoSwan

ancap

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:51:44 PM

Yeah, we should stop calling it a bubble. But also we should learn from this: It was a manipulation on both sides first spike to $260 and then chrash into $55. Now, with the new monster ASICs becoming to the town, the prices will be decided by this huge monsters and its owners a.k.a miners. If they're not interested neither in fiat money nor in any other cryptocurrencies for their newly minted BTCs and hold them until some short time of period (maybe 3 months or so) we will see new all-time highs, otherwise we will enter long long consolidation period and very wide trading range between $40 to $150.

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
hacknoid

Activity: 418
Merit: 252

Proud Canuck

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 01:40:07 PM

Yeah, we should stop calling it a bubble. But also we should learn from this: It was a manipulation on both sides first spike to $260 and then chrash into $55. Now, with the new monster ASICs becoming to the town, the prices will be decided by this huge monsters and its owners a.k.a miners. If they're not interested neither in fiat money nor in any other cryptocurrencies for their newly minted BTCs and hold them until some short time of period (maybe 3 months or so) we will see new all-time highs, otherwise we will enter long long consolidation period and very wide trading range between $40 to $150.

I don't understand all this focus on the miners and ASICs.  Fundamentally the new hardware doesn't change anything - the difficulty will adjust to the new hashing power and the reward rate will remain the same - ~3600 new coins per day.  Gox alone on a bad day trades 10x that number of coins.  And many of the current miners are buying the new hardware (myself included). 

No its pure speculation that is driving the price and I think this will only increase.  I personally don't see this as a bubble - certainly not any traditional one.  This whole thing is so new that nobody really understands how it will play out.  Pick your side and make your bets... we'll see in a year where we are.

BitcoinRunner : Side scroller game powered entirely by Bitcoin! 
Game (alpha): http://hacknoid.ca/bitcoinrunner
Discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=907618.0
AlgoSwan

ancap

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:59:31 PM

I don't understand all this focus on the miners and ASICs.  Fundamentally the new hardware doesn't change anything.

Are you sure? It will change everything from ATI card prices to BTC/USD, LTC/BTC or even NMC/BTC prices. Come on, we're talking about monsters here! designed only for mining cryptocurrencies with most energy efficient way.

the difficulty will adjust to the new hashing power and the reward rate will remain the same - ~3600 new coins per day.  Gox alone on a bad day trades 10x that number of coins.

10x is a trading volume of BTC. And most of this trading volume done by big guys and they make multiple trades in a day. So your 10x number have no meaning to ~3600 new coins per day by miners.

No its pure speculation that is driving the price and I think this will only increase.  I personally don't see this as a bubble - certainly not any traditional one.  This whole thing is so new that nobody really understands how it will play out.  Pick your side and make your bets... we'll see in a year where we are.

I'm with you with this one!

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
Mark Oates

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:32:26 PM

Oh god, looks like we're headed for a super bubble...
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:34:38 PM

Yes, just imagine the madness if this was just the first sell off:

I'm not serious, though.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
simplydt

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 02:42:48 PM

I don't understand all this focus on the miners and ASICs.  Fundamentally the new hardware doesn't change anything.

Are you sure? It will change everything from ATI card prices to BTC/USD, LTC/BTC or even NMC/BTC prices. Come on, we're talking about monsters here! designed only for mining cryptocurrencies with most energy efficient way.

I also tink the new ASICs wont affect the price, as said, the number of new bitcoins remains the same; what goes up is the barrier to entry to essentially make the same profits. Obviously, the ones who get the ASICs first, make more profits but thats because they've increased the barrier of entry so much that all GPUs FPGAs become invalidated. Hope this makes sense. Tongue In the end, there is still only 3600 new coins per day, what changes is who gets them.
Comodore

Activity: 159

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:12:08 PM

Yes, just imagine the madness if this was just the first sell off:

I'm not serious, though.

This had definitely been a first sell off.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:19:07 PM

AWW YESS. MY CHEAP COINS ARE GOING TO PAY OFF Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: