Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:37:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info – Spending Bug foudn  (Read 321 times)
bapparabi (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:46:34 AM

hi recently we found one bug in Blockchain.info you can check it here about the detail of bug

http://betbybitcoin.com/blockchain-info-spending-bug/
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:15:49 PM

I mean I get that you want to warn people about bugs but lets be real here. This only affect certain accounts and showed 10 cents less than amount he actually had... Not really major bug worth promoting
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 12:10:22 PM

What if it showed 1k USD less than the balance? A bug like that is still a bug and should be fixed. We all know  they reused R values exposing private keys in the past which took long enough to fix. I wont use an online wallet anyway, i prefer my ledger.

So i wouldnt just dismiss him, what if it is to do with larger sums of money as if it can happen with a small sum it can certainly happen with a larger sum.
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 05:29:25 PM

Have you reported it?

A bug is a bug. Especially when there's money involved, regardless of the amount,
it's still cause for concern and should be reported and fixed as soon as possible.

Also, it's not just about the amount since it also caused confusion, worry, and inconvenience.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 04:17:46 AM

Yeah regardless of the amount, bug will still remain to be a bug. And we all know that big things starts with smaller ones?

So a chance of this bug to affect bigger amount and a lot of people is still possible when it isn't going to be resolved immediately.

Have you reported it?

Yeah I want to know also if you did already reported this one.

pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 07:45:49 AM

Thanks for finding and reporting the bug for all the community to see. Im sure blockchain.info will look into it and fix it as soon as possible. That said theres really nothing to worry about. It wasnt a major bug that can make you double spend are make unlimited withdrawals. But its still good to report it nevertheless.
bapparabi (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 07:51:04 AM

Thanks for finding and reporting the bug for all the community to see. Im sure blockchain.info will look into it and fix it as soon as possible. That said theres really nothing to worry about. It wasnt a major bug that can make you double spend are make unlimited withdrawals. But its still good to report it nevertheless.

Yes hope so because i am not sure if they take this small bugs in consideration ..as there reply take almost 3-4 days after that no update and no reply if that solve or not .. so we have taken all fund out of blockchain for safer hand until this bug solves ..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: