Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:09:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you feel part of a crypto community regarding the cryptocurrency you are either financially involved in or have an interest in ?
Yes - 29 (69%)
No - 13 (31%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] Do you feel part of a crypto community ?  (Read 1949 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:27:41 PM

That's pretty much what I said, right? Anyway, thanks for refreshing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:31:53 PM

No problem and thanks for confirming you personally dont view Monero having a community.
I assume you choose the "No" option then ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:38:48 PM

No problem and thanks for confirming you personally dont view Monero having a community.
I assume you choose the "No" option then ?

I didn't vote, seems a bit ambiguous imo, but sure, I'll cast a no vote now.
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:59:52 AM

Of course yes, I am part of digital coins comunity because i am always following new update about altcoins and of course with bitcoins too, although not one coin because i am trader altcoins, so i have to looking for the altcoins that has potential for making profit. And bitcointalk is best place for looking for new informations about digital coins not altcoins only.
Factmine

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:10:20 AM

No I don't feel like I am part of the crypto community. Even if I do have enough knowledge, I use them everyday, and earn from them, I still don't. Because probably, I don't have enough impact to it. I don't have a say where it's course would be, it's like being a droplet of water in the ocean. There is too much droplets and not every one of them can effect a change.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:27:09 AM

i'm bagholding a few dashcoins, DSH, the true DASH. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020627.0

you fake ass copycats, instamining piece of name stealing, thousands of pages of circle jerking delusional fucks.

yeah i find a connection my friend  Grin
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:31:19 AM

i'm bagholding a few dashcoins, DSH, the true DASH. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020627.0

you fake ass copycats, instamining piece of name stealing, thousands of pages of circle jerking delusional fucks.

yeah i find a connection my friend  Grin

you can't circle jerk and be delusional at the same time, circle jerking requires an amount of cooperation and timing that a delusional person is simply not capable of
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:35:18 AM

LEOcoin is best crypto comunity! Wink

Its a nice community of newbs and shill accounts.

I used to be a bitshares guy but that community fell apart soon after Dan started making changes. After that I don't do the community thing anymore. I'm just in and out of coins here and there trying to make some money.

leocoin is full of scamming self serving circle jerk MLM fucks. they don't care about cryptos their only concern is extracting fiat in their MLM down line/network/recruits..these rats even without feathers flock together.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:51:06 AM

yeah i find a connection my friend  Grin

you can't circle jerk and be delusional at the same time, circle jerking requires an amount of cooperation and timing that a delusional person is simply not capable of

make an exception been there, seen it...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.0

take a bunch of delusional fucks, let them instamine and run their stash in POS masterscamming nodes..watch them circle jerck...it's surreal.

these are the stars of the show  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1282836.0
Qartersa

Merit: 535

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 05:17:43 AM

I feel that I am part of the cryptocurrency community , because I read and talk about it in the forums as well as in the real world. I and my friends frequently engage on what to investment and what good business to make, I do always propose the use of crypto but haven't convinced them yet. I think we all are part of it if we use it and propagate it.
morantis

Merit: 503

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:26:39 AM

yeah i find a connection my friend  Grin

make an exception been there, seen it...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.0

take a bunch of delusional fucks, let them instamine and run their stash in POS masterscamming nodes..watch them circle jerck...it's surreal.

these are the stars of the show  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1282836.0

well, as long as it keeps paying for them to do so, they will, once people stop accepting it, that is when it will actually stop
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 10:54:38 AM

I think Im being part of crypto community as I also read news and updates some altcoins. Though I invested some altcoins, so i feel im being part of the community. Anyone can be a part of the community, since anyone can hold of it. However, I believe into it as being part of community.
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 06:35:43 PM

On behalf of the Dash community, who are delebrating Dash third birthday today :

eh, and please no fighting over the cake  Roll Eyes

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 11:43:36 AM

I am not part of a crypto comunity especially altcoins because
i don't have any projects that be builded on altcoins or other business on them,
except trading altcoins and i think it is not part of a crypto comunity but it is part of traders comunity,
unfortunately there are no comunity of traders altcoins that be followed.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:42:41 PM

Recentely i had a discussion with some people, who stated they did not feel part of a community or even considered a community
being possible that could evolve around a cryptocurrency.

I can relate to that.  The idea to have a "community of anarchists" sounds odd, no ?  You can have common opinions and so on, but a "community" points to something of a form of internal solidarity, "us against them", "Ubermensch", "nation", "family", ....
Of course, if you understand by "community", people that have some properties in common, for instance, an intellectual interest in anarchy, trustlessness, economical relationships, fundamental freedom, etc.... then yes, I belong to that community, like 5 belongs to the "community" of prime numbers.  But whether 5 has some affinity for 7, and not for 9, is another question.

Yes, I'm very interested in crypto, for its anarchist principles on the societal side, and for its technological and systemic aspects on the other hand.  But do I feel any "affinity" with other such human entities, beyond the fact that we have something in common to talk and think about ?  Not really.

Especially because crypto is mainly populated by people wanting to rip one another off (they call it "investing" and "trading").
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:24:56 PM

You think Bitcoin's community is where it is today because of anarchists ideology ?

LOL i think not.. it's called greed.  Cheesy

I get a kick out of the fact some of you have this little illusion in your head this shit exists to pander to your childish "stick it to the man" beliefs.

Why would anarchists be making a currency ?
Clearly to have no laws or regulation then right ?
Call the cops or join a class action law suit when Cryptsy or GOX stole your money ?

hyyyyyyypoooooooooooocrites

..hand over your picture ID for anon coin profits.. hypocrites LOL

You guys are full of shit big time.

FUD first & ask questions later™
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:14:25 AM

Recentely i had a discussion with some people, who stated they did not feel part of a community or even considered a community
being possible that could evolve around a cryptocurrency. I found this rather odd as i feel strongly connected to a community of the
cryptocurrency i am interested in (Dash).

I do realise i will never get in touch with the whole Dash crypto community, due to language barriers and the community being spread
over different forums (BCT, Dash.org, Reddit, Slack), but i still have a strong feeling of being part of a community.

If you are interested in participathing in this little poll of mine then please vote for option yes or no and describe in a reply how you voted and why.  

Yes, I feel part of a crypto community.  Because most well known altcoins in crypto the traders and miners are always attracted by the popular coins and these two most often they are connected most of the time due to they are part of the body in the altcoins community.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:40:51 AM

Yes, I feel part of a community related to the altcoins, but this have been created by a group of friends who are interested in them and we are in continuous learning and communication to take advantage of the cryptos' opportunities and implement them in our daily life. A community should not necessarily be stimulated only by devs, but by the people themselves.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 02:24:06 AM

No, and I'm fine with being a nobody in crypto and on this forum.  I'm happy being a spectator, and since I don't have a background in either math or computer science,  it's going to stay that way.

This forum is my only contact with others who are into crypto.  Don't know any IRL.  And there are thousands of people here.  It's like being at a huge university.   
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:20:22 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2017, 06:30:37 AM by dinofelis

You think Bitcoin's community is where it is today because of anarchists ideology ?

LOL i think not.. it's called greed.  Cheesy

In the beginning, it was because of anarchist ideology, and that was good.  Now, bitcoin is essentially indeed over.  It is just a token used in a greedy greater-fool game, and it may even turn in a centralized government thing to control people.  So to me, if bitcoin is not dead, it is almost dead.  Yes, it has a high gamblers market cap.  That's always so with greater fool games. And this one can still last quite a while, and go very high, there are still loads of greater fools possible.  But bitcoin is essentially dead, in the sense of a free alternative to fiat.  It didn't get nowhere.  8 years, and I can still not go to the supermarket and pay my groceries with bitcoin ; I still do not get my salary in bitcoin.  And the day I will (if ever), it will be worse than fiat, because it will be totally state-controlled.  As of now, fiat has a better outlook than bitcoin.  Apart for gamblers.

Why would anarchists be making a currency ?
Clearly to have no laws or regulation then right ?
Call the cops or join a class action law suit when Cryptsy or GOX stole your money ?

Of course not.  That's part of the freedom game.  Because if you care about your monetary freedom, you don't hold your stuff on a centralized thing, do you ?  And if you get ripped off, that's perfectly normal, and it is a pity it doesn't happen more often.  You have given away your coins, and you got an IOU on a strange web site in return.  Of course at a certain point, the web site closes.  Who wouldn't do that with people giving you their money in return for something you put up on a web site ?  What was the core idea of bitcoin ?  Trustlessness, right ?  What else than applying trustlessness did these exchanges do ?  They were in the core activity of bitcoin.  Why do you think that there are moderator multi-sig wallets on openbazaar ?  Cryptsy and GOX were simply gambler's houses.  And that's about all that's left of bitcoin.  Gamblers' stuff and greater-fool stuff.  "investment" and "ROI" on a currency.  I'm always amazed that people complain about exchanges "scamming" them.  Hell, what did they do ?  Did they, or didn't they, use their private key to do a transaction ?  Once that's done, they don't OWN their coins any more, right.  That was the basic principle: ownership is knowledge of the private key.  If you have transacted your coins, you don't own them any more.  It is not because you can log on to a website that tells you that "you have 20 bitcoin in your account" that you own them: you don't have the key.  You simply have something that a strange web site is telling you.  *if you believe that*, that's your affair.  In true trustless systems, you shouldn't believe anything.  If things don't turn out as you believed, that's perfectly normal, and the basis of trustlessness, no ?  So why complaining about something that puts the basic principle at work ?  If the majority of bitcoin users complain about the application of the core principle of bitcoin, namely that ownership comes with knowledge of a secret key, and wants centralized justice to take care of that, then I call bitcoin dead.  What's left is zombiecoin, a kind of fake fiat stuff looked after by the People's Bank of China.

If you can go crying at the police and at centralized justice, why on earth would you need a thing that implements, with a lot of waste heat, "trustlessness" ?   Fiat works better in that case.

Bitcoin's "community" wants centralized justice so that their mutual rip-off game is "fair" and in doing so, it killed bitcoin.  And the rest of crypto.

Without trustlessness, which is the basis of anarchy, crypto has no sense.  This is like implementing digital signatures that are verified by a notary.  If a notary has to verify it, there's no need for digital signatures.  If there's a need for centralized regulation on bookkeeping, there's no need for trustless protocols.  In the first case, you can do it with a paper contract.  In the second case, you can do it with fiat and controlled banks.  That's why bitcoin is dead.  Even though its market cap can still increase orders of magnitude.  There's no point.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: