Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:11:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 100 ether vs 1 btc  (Read 1551 times)
altcoinrich

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 06:51:11 AM

I tend to hold 100 ETH. You can earn long term profit from ETHER, it is very reliable, the second best genius team in the whole crypto coins world. After last years huge dump, the price is holding above 0.01 BTC, which is rather stable now. If its price will be 0.007 BTC again, buy ETHER as much as possible, with all of your bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
waltonvani

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 06:55:49 AM

Hi bitcointalk,

I have about 100 eth on my ledger wallet, should I convert them to bitcoins or stay in ethereum? Should I go 50/50? Or go all in on one of them?

What are the pros and cons in this violent market?

Please share your two cents

I think you can convert ETH to bitcoin now because ETH is hard to increase at this time but bitcoin is easier to increase and the bottom line wil be 750$- 810$ so that is good choice to convert it. Good luck, Guy.

Minexcoin — A new era of payments || ICO || DISCUSSION
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:28:49 AM

I have about 100 eth on my ledger wallet, should I convert them to bitcoins or stay in ethereum? Should I go 50/50? Or go all in on one of them?

i am not going to tell you what to do but instead i am going to tell you what i think.

bitcoin is a sure thing, when you invest in it you know that the chances of you regretting that investment, specially in long term is very slim and nearly zero.

but ethereum is an altcoin which is a very risky investment. it has many downsides and many problems, which means price of it can not go up with adoption. however it is manipulated, which means it can get pump and dumped and you can make profit from the pumps if you can catch them and lost money if you are late and get dumped on.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 08:43:49 AM

Ethereum is definitely growing and with more tokens being based on their blockchain , there will be always demand for it over time for gas etc... I still see more potentials and bigger growth in BTC however , Its pretty much safe to say that bitcoin is unstoppable at this point with LN and SegWit coming. Both are good projects , I'd go 100% bitcoin If were you but If you don't want to take much risk then split them to 50/50.

I think so, as bitcoin has more rapidly growing than eth or other coins. So it's more safely to store your eth into bitcoin.
Look at eth charts in last year until now and you will know how fast it's developing, than compare to bitcoin charts.
You will see the difference between these coins. However, the decision is yours, if you like to save it in eth or bitcoin.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 08:58:40 AM

@OP
Did you buy your ETH "fuel tokens" when they were over $20 each ?

By the way after the DAO attack minecache the expert here on ETH proclaimed proudly that Ethereum ICO coins will be $100 each in 12 months.

..make of that what you will.

PS:
See the sticky topic here about "Speculation"

FUD first & ask questions later™
ACAB

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:59:00 AM

@OP
Did you buy your ETH "fuel tokens" when they were over $20 each ?

By the way after the DAO attack minecache the expert here on ETH proclaimed proudly that Ethereum ICO coins will be $100 each in 12 months.

..make of that what you will.

PS:
See the sticky topic here about "Speculation"

Who cares when he bought them or what he paid all we need to care about is that btc is the king and will always be.
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 12:51:13 PM

Hi bitcointalk,

In my personal opinion, those two are both in the process of progress. Why not try to make go to 50/50 trial, then hold it both and wait for the right time until it reach the price value that you are waiting it.
Loganota

Activity: 1764
Merit: 881

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:32:56 PM

Unfortunately what happened to DAO has shaken ETH too much. I think if it had not happened, the value would probably continue to rise. Your proposal and your development team are very good, but until I see that market confidence has returned I would not invest much in it. I think 40 / 60 (Eth/Btc) is good.
mining1

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 07:38:36 PM

Ethereum is definitely growing and with more tokens being based on their blockchain , there will be always demand for it over time for gas etc... I still see more potentials and bigger growth in BTC however , Its pretty much safe to say that bitcoin is unstoppable at this point with LN and SegWit coming. Both are good projects , I'd go 100% bitcoin If were you but If you don't want to take much risk then split them to 50/50.
Sorry but segwit won't work. It needs about 95% adoption to activate it. As i read, it's against miners interest to adopt segwitt (because of the fees), therefore it will never happen.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:19:32 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2017, 10:18:05 PM by Slark

Sorry but segwit won't work. It needs about 95% adoption to activate it. As i read, it's against miners interest to adopt segwitt (because of the fees), therefore it will never happen.
You are right. I know that currently Mining Pools would rather have Bitcoin Unlimited, which is is supported by 17.30% miners, 2nd is SegWit with 16.67% support and lastly we have 8 MB blocks with 9.30% support.
There is no way, unless something unexpected happen, to see activation of SegWit. Maybe this tech will be used by Litecoin. But SegWit's negation by miners is no reason to not hold Bitcoin anyway.
jackshephard

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 09:26:36 PM

Hi bitcointalk,

You could earn more, and you could lose more... Depends on your investment strategy IMO, Bitcoin is not stable to USD but ETH is not stable to even BTC so the price could change on almost any aspect even if bitcoins go up or down..
Personally I would exchange %75 at least to BTC.
Cryptotraider16

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

http://www.leocoinapp.com/

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 10:13:16 PM

Hi bitcointalk,

Stay on eth 100% 😜✈️

http://www.leocoin.info - LEOcoin info App!
LEOcoin - traded on 8 exchanges! more coming - Solo POS coin!
mining1

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 10:59:16 PM

Keep the ether. For example, people say having anonymous transactions is COOL. But they will implement it on ethereum. If being able to send a coin from X to Y anonymously is a big thing, imagine how cool it is to not just do that, but to implement it in dapps / smart contracts. It was tested succesfully on ethereum https://blog.ethereum.org/2017/01/19/update-integrating-zcash-ethereum/ . Next big thing is chosing the best option to scale the chain and then it'll become a killer scalable all in one chain, making every other rival project obsolete.
Eamorr

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 11:45:29 PM

Keep the ether. For example, people say having anonymous transactions is COOL. But they will implement it on ethereum. If being able to send a coin from X to Y anonymously is a big thing, imagine how cool it is to not just do that, but to implement it in dapps / smart contracts. It was tested succesfully on ethereum https://blog.ethereum.org/2017/01/19/update-integrating-zcash-ethereum/ . Next big thing is chosing the best option to scale the chain and then it'll become a killer scalable all in one chain, making every other rival project obsolete.

That's a great feature for Ethereum developers and their users to have.

That Christian Reitwiessner dude has an amazing brain.

A body blow for Monero ;(

mining1

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 03:57:02 PM

Well, i honestly don't think projects that aim to become cash have a future outside speculation. Think of it, no one will adopt something that's mostly owned by a small group of early adopters as cash, except for a few cases (black market, speculation). So basically to make outsiders use what you got, you want them to want / NEED your product. That's where platforms like ethereum fit. 2017 is the year where too many projects have alpha / beta release. Even santander's project may launch this year.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: