Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:31:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Two Cents  (Read 386 times)
j4mmr2 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:45:19 AM

I am a long term user of Bitcoins and have been reading posts on these forums for over a year now and thought I would share my opinion on what's going to be happening to the price for the foreseeable future:

So far (ignoring the ddos attacks and MtGox issues), the main reason the price has fluctuated is because huge investors have came in over the past couple of months. This caused the price to rise greatly and when people saw this they HAD to invest so this was then a snowball effect as the prise rose exponentially.

Then the rich folk decided to sell when the price was high and this drove the price down. Newbies see their money disappearing and sell as quickly as possible, causing the price to plummet.

Now that the price is low, the rich people can now buy up again and repeat the cycle. Essentially Bitcoin is the elite's plaything now. The only ones getting burned are the people buying at stupidly high prices and the newbies who panic sell because they invested more than they could afford to lose.

I see this happening over and over again because there's nothing in place to stop it.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
j4mmr2 (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:43:33 PM

Opinions?
fendlestick

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:10:19 PM

as with everything those with experience and practice will be better at something than others.  You don't need a huge amount of money to have fun and profit, yes trading whole coins is risky but there's other coins that are cheaper and can be used to practice before you buy at 50 and sell at 100 in any large amount.

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
ynos11

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:24:55 PM

BTC has some flaws which made the crash possible. y
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: