Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:07:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: macro names must be identifiers  (Read 937 times)
ironsniper (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 04:33:44 AM

hey all i am trying to compile a wallet on linux and am almost done but i am getting the following error

Code:
<command-line>:0:1: error: macro names must be identifiers
In file included from release/qrc_bitcoin.cpp:9:0:
release/qrc_bitcoin.cpp:86588:44: warning: 'qInitResources_bitcoin__init_variable__' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
Q_CONSTRUCTOR_FUNCTION(QT_MANGLE_NAMESPACE(qInitResources_bitcoin))
                                           ^
../mxe/usr/i686-w64-mingw32.static/qt/include/QtCore/qglobal.h:941:21: note: in definition of macro 'Q_CONSTRUCTOR_FUNCTION0'
   static const int AFUNC ## __init_variable__ = AFUNC();
                    ^
release/qrc_bitcoin.cpp:86588:1: note: in expansion of macro 'Q_CONSTRUCTOR_FUNCTION'
^
release/qrc_bitcoin.cpp:86588:24: note: in expansion of macro 'QT_MANGLE_NAMESPACE'
                       ^
Makefile.Release:1987: recipe for target 'build/qrc_bitcoin.o' failed
make: *** [build/qrc_bitcoin.o] Error 1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 05:34:30 PM

hey all i am trying to compile a wallet on linux and am almost done but i am getting the following error

Code:
release/qrc_bitcoin.cpp:86588:44: warning: 'qInitResources_bitcoin__init_variable__' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
                                           ^
../mxe/usr/i686-w64-mingw32.static/qt/include/QtCore/qglobal.h:941:21: note: in definition of macro 'Q_CONSTRUCTOR_FUNCTION0'
                    ^
release/qrc_bitcoin.cpp:86588:1: note: in expansion of macro 'Q_CONSTRUCTOR_FUNCTION'
^
release/qrc_bitcoin.cpp:86588:24: note: in expansion of macro 'QT_MANGLE_NAMESPACE'
                       ^

1. Are you running the setup under the "sudo" commands. (If not then type su-- on the command line and then try again). Ignore this step if you're using a version that doesn't require super-user access to be an administrator -such as if it is being done by default.
2. Check that you downloaded the file correctly. Re-download it and build it again.

Also, what command did you run to get that error? or was that just in building it.
If it was in the build, I think the wallet first creates the "debug.log" if you could navigate to that (in the "bitcoin" directory and can post it here that might add a greater insight).
ironsniper (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:40:16 PM

Code:
                                           ^
                    ^
^
                       ^

1. Are you running the setup under the "sudo" commands. (If not then type su-- on the command line and then try again). Ignore this step if you're using a version that doesn't require super-user access to be an administrator -such as if it is being done by default.
2. Check that you downloaded the file correctly. Re-download it and build it again.

Also, what command did you run to get that error? or was that just in building it.
If it was in the build, I think the wallet first creates the "debug.log" if you could navigate to that (in the "bitcoin" directory and can post it here that might add a greater insight).
tried with sudo and su didnt work also does the debug.log ever go by a different name? as i cannot find a file by that name
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 06:43:33 PM

tried with sudo and su didnt work also does the debug.log ever go by a different name? as i cannot find a file by that name
This looks like an error created during compiling. The debug.log is not created until the software is compiled and then run.

What commands have you done to get to this? What software are you building? What version of that software?

ironsniper (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:52:27 PM

This looks like an error created during compiling. The debug.log is not created until the software is compiled and then run.

What commands have you done to get to this? What software are you building? What version of that software?
cross compile on ubuntu linux with mxe, i managed to compile one wallet and am trying a different one now and it is qt4
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:56:42 PM

cross compile on ubuntu linux with mxe, i managed to compile one wallet and am trying a different one now and it is qt4

Which different wallet is this?  What command did you use to do so?
ironsniper (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 07:03:31 PM

Which different wallet is this?  What command did you use to do so?

Code:
#!/bin/bash

LOCATION=/home/compile/compiler
PATH=$LOCATION/mxe/usr/bin:$PATH
MXE_INCLUDE_PATH=$LOCATION/mxe/usr/i686-w64-mingw32.static/include
MXE_LIB_PATH=$LOCATION/mxe/usr/i686-w64-mingw32.static/lib

/home/compile/compiler/mxe/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32.static-qmake-qt4 \
BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX=-mt \
BOOST_THREAD_LIB_SUFFIX=_win32-mt \
BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=$MXE_INCLUDE_PATH/boost \
BOOST_LIB_PATH=$MXE_LIB_PATH \
OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH=$MXE_INCLUDE_PATH/openssl \
OPENSSL_LIB_PATH=$MXE_LIB_PATH \
BDB_INCLUDE_PATH=$MXE_INCLUDE_PATH \
BDB_LIB_PATH=$MXE_LIB_PATH \
MINIUPNPC_INCLUDE_PATH=$MXE_INCLUDE_PATH \
MINIUPNPC_LIB_PATH=$MXE_LIB_PATH \
QMAKE_LRELEASE=$LOCATION/mxe/usr/i686-w64-mingw32.static/qt/bin/lrelease altcoin-qt.pro

make -f Makefile.Release
custom script all i do is put in the correct info
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: