Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:22:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspicious BTCjam account activity, Investigation pending.  (Read 5687 times)
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:00:20 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2013, 09:02:11 PM by squall1066

My BTC jam was hacked and all my future payments was sold to the same user for one satoshi.

I urge everyone to check their account, I am working with Tulkas to revert the selling.

I urge everyone to ask Tulkas to disable this feature until there is more security on the site for logging on.

EDIT, 2 days and still no account back, I am contacting Brazilian solicitors to see what my options are.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:58:22 PM

Update, Tulkas is adding 2PA soon, Apparently It was an old issue I have stumbled on, I just need to rotate password more often.

I'm sorted here, but please still check your accounts for anything missing you have not arranged.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:59:49 PM

I am unlocking this thread to state that Tulkas was unhappy with the title

Would you care to change the name of the topic you created, this will cause panic on our users and I dont think its fair since BTCJam was not hacked!!!

As I asked for I.P. details of the account, Which was refused ( I believe was right due to the data protection act) How do I know that it was my password rather than a site hack?

Can you at least tell me if you have a record of my password being entered from another I.P. If so, I might be able to acquire them legally.

I stopped lending here a while ago when I seen the scamms and such bad protection and no enforcement of collection, All I am doing is trying to keep my account safe until I have received all the last payments due to me.

I shall leave this unlocked for you to discuss? Am I wrong with my title? Am I not entitled to my views?
NotARobit

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 09:01:32 AM

A rule of thumb to figure out if you were hacked or a site was hacked is to listen for other people making similar reports. We'll have to see if any more sites show up.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:13:27 AM

My BTC jam was hacked and all my future payments was sold to the same user for one satoshi.

I urge everyone to check their account, I am working with Tulkas to revert the selling.

I urge everyone to ask Tulkas to disable this feature until there is more security on the site for logging on.

Ouch.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
augustocroppo
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 12:49:27 PM

I am unlocking this thread to state that Tulkas was unhappy with the title

Would you care to change the name of the topic you created, this will cause panic on our users and I dont think its fair since BTCJam was not hacked!!!

As I asked for I.P. details of the account, Which was refused ( I believe was right due to the data protection act) How do I know that it was my password rather than a site hack?

No, it was not due the data protection act. The company behind the btcjam.com Internet page is Brazilian. The legislation regarding personal data in Brazil is not in effect. So if you got that as excuse, they lied to you.

Can you at least tell me if you have a record of my password being entered from another I.P. If so, I might be able to acquire them legally.

Yes, they have this kind of record. Refusal to cooperate with you is a sign of a potential inside job.

You are not going to obtain that information legally, except if you decide to pay heavy fees to Brazilian solicitors.

I stopped lending here a while ago when I seen the scamms and such bad protection and no enforcement of collection, All I am doing is trying to keep my account safe until I have received all the last payments due to me.

I shall leave this unlocked for you to discuss? Am I wrong with my title? Am I not entitled to my views?

Yes, leave it unlocked. It seem that btcjam.com is becoming a front line for suspicious financial activities. You made well to bring this case to the Internet public attention.
SynOps

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

BitFi Services

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 01:32:40 AM

I just had 1.21768806 in my account, refreshed page and had  0.04938906 Left. Did not make a payment or buy any notes.

Also, I cant withdrawal because im behind, so where the hell did the BTC go?

Weenfan and I were working on some notes together to get some payments squared away, and they just disappeared in a few seconds with no knowledge or trace of where they went.

Luckily I was able to make some payment once I sold some notes, But still, im missing a bit over 1 BTC.

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:39:48 AM

I have herd some concerns from other users of BTCjam, I'm asking them to post here if they are willing, Best have this in one place for reference.

Also, I could not change my password in settings until I asked Tulkas to look into it, Then it came up, Something is not right here.

@Augusto Croppo, I would consider "heavy fees" to get to the bottom of this, Does it matter that the servers apparently are in

City:           Seattle
StateProv:      WA
PostalCode:     98144

boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:20:02 PM

Let us know when/if they disclose the IP.
augustocroppo
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:46:53 PM

@Augusto Croppo, I would consider "heavy fees" to get to the bottom of this, Does it matter that the servers apparently are in

City:           Seattle
StateProv:      WA
PostalCode:     98144

That is just the storage of the data. What really mater is who controls the data, in this case a Brazilian company:

http://www.receita.fazenda.gov.br/PessoaJuridica/CNPJ/cnpjreva/Cnpjreva_Solicitacao.asp

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:57:40 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 09:00:42 PM by squall1066

After changing my passwords My future payment's have gone again.

EDIT - Said all was ok his end, I sent a screenie of my account saying 0.00 pending in Receivables, so just waiting to see whats going on.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:00:20 PM

2 days on, Still waiting, I am also getting in touch with some Brazilian solicitors to see what my options are.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:32:38 AM

Sorry for the regular posts, I just need this noted to inform you and keep a record for me, Tulkas has insisted that all account information is there and I will get the payments, I have sent another screenshot (full screen) of everything that I see, I would put it here but there is too much of my dealings there to make public.

P.S. its expensive just phoning solicitors in Brazil, If your in the area and can do some foot work for me, please get in touch.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 06:41:22 PM

You didn't lose anything.

This is only occurring to your account and we are solving the problem the same day it is reported. I will lock the facebook and google logins for your account, they are probably compromised.

The payments will be transferred again to you.

I lost everything on my page?

I rotate passwords on everything regularly, I have 2PA on Google too.

Like how this is telling me it's my fault.
boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:16:37 PM

This is only occurring to your account and we are solving the problem the same day it is reported. I will lock the facebook and google logins for your account, they are probably compromised.

Do/did you have a keylogger?
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:27:40 PM

Do/did you have a keylogger?

I had a dodgy e-mail

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=156768.0

This is why I re-streamed, I caught it just in time (e-mail came through as I was online!), And I changed all my passwords immediately.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:39:01 AM

Update, I am still missing the biggest payment to me, I am actually worried now, Tulkas was able to change back the payments to me in an hour, now this has taken a week plus and time is running out, I know who holds the payments now.

After much phoning/e-mails around lots of solicitors in his area, Lots are not willing to even think about it, Due to not knowing what bitcoins are, I have spoken to one who is interested in the idea, But does not know where it stands from a legal point of view, So he is doing some research into bitcoins and BTCjam's disclaimer to see what he can come up with.

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 07:23:59 PM

O.K. This is the latest, After some backwards and forwards e-mails, I don't think tulkas will release the information I want, However I have had this from him.

You will get it, don't worry, I'm just tracing the note back because the person who brought your stolen investment paid the hacker the full price. That's why we don't accept anonymous note trending anymore.

If I can't get the payment back the bitcoin will come from our pocket.

Regards,
Celso.

My payment in question is due the 10th May 2013, I would like it noted, I have been polite with Tulkas, I HAVE NOT accused him directly/publicly of scamming me, He has admitted this payment belongs to me, And has now accepted liability of this payment.

After many e-mail's back and forth, My solicitor is still reading up on bitcoin and the laws it brings into question, If nothing else comes of this we have another in our fold LOL
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:12:36 AM

Tulkas why won't you provide the I.P ?

If someone hacked in any data privacy laws, you have made up aren't applicable.
All the "hacks" that occured and noone can provide the I.P have been inside jobs.......... just saying is all.
You obviously know who the hacker is if you do not want to (notice I didn't use the word can't) provide the I.P

Did you perhaps give your admin account details to a chinese relic collector ?

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:41:27 AM

Tulkas is now no longer responding to my messages about giving me details, I have confirmed that there are no data protection rights in his area, Even though Tulkas has said I will get my money, Even from his own pocket, (I am due payment on 10th May) I am doubtful I will see anything, I would like Tulkas to prove me wrong, But just in case My solicitor is about to make his move!  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: