Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:41:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to move BTC from Paper Wallet to Electrum  (Read 1227 times)
LewKontnik (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 04:25:55 PM

I have 34.07294 mBTC given me as a gift on BitcoinPaperWallet.com
I decrypted my Private key on bit2factor.com and entered a Sweep on Electrum
I have a Transaction ID showing 33.96094 mBTC have been transferred
How do I complete this Sweep and actually take possession of my BTC in my Electrum wallet
Thanks for any help!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 04:29:57 PM

I have 34.07294 mBTC given me as a gift on BitcoinPaperWallet.com
I decrypted my Private key on bit2factor.com and entered a Sweep on Electrum
I have a Transaction ID showing 33.96094 mBTC have been transferred
How do I complete this Sweep and actually take possession of my BTC in my Electrum wallet
Thanks for any help!!

Sweeping to your wallet should be enough to transfer the funds to your Electrum wallet. As long as Electrum is fully synched, you should then see the bitcoins in your wallet.

Are they not showing up for you? Is Electrum fully synched?
LewKontnik (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:56:17 PM

Thanks for responding
How do I make sure my Electrum is fully synched? I have /Users/LewKontnik/Downloads/electrum-2.7.17.dmg, Created Jan 10 2017
I have tried every combo of the pulldowns and buttons I can find on my Electrum and cant find any way to move forward.
Any help greatly appreciated (I do have screen shots of my step by step process)
Depressed Lew
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 04:07:07 PM

look at the orb icon in the bottom right. is it green or red? if it is not green thenclick on it and select a different electrum server. you can also do this via tools menu > network.

btw the difference between 34mbtc and 33.9 mbtc could just be the transaction fee. a sweep is an on-chain transaction so there are transaction fees involved. if you see 33.9 in your electrum wallet then you already have all your coins there.
LewKontnik (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 04:11:47 PM

Thanks so much!!
The button is green
My balance shows as 0 (and yes I do understand that the fee was deducted)--could the mbtc be "in transit" is there a way to check that?
Thanks again
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 06:01:06 PM

Thanks so much!!
The button is green
My balance shows as 0 (and yes I do understand that the fee was deducted)--could the mbtc be "in transit" is there a way to check that?
Thanks again

It would still show in the wallet if the BTC was "in transit" and still unconfirmed.

You said that you have a Transaction ID showing 33.96094 mBTC being transferred. Providing this Transaction ID may be helpful for diagnosing the issue.

I would verify that the address the Transaction ID shows is listed on the addresses tab of Electrum.
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 06:45:14 PM

To bring the addresses tab into view press ctrl+A.

Alternatively you can switch to the console tab and use this command to determine if an address belongs to your wallet:

Code:
ismine('the address you swept the coins to')

If it returns true then the address is in your wallet.
LewKontnik (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 07:30:46 PM

Abdussamad: I used the Console ismine ('XXXX') on the address that I got when I decrypted my Private Code and it returned "false". But I initiated the Sweep from Electrum.

I have the Transaction ID--can I use that to help track this

Again--Thanks
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 07:33:44 PM

Abdussamad: I used the Console ismine ('XXXX') on the address that I got when I decrypted my Private Code and it returned "false". But I initiated the Sweep from Electrum.

Again--Thanks

A sweep does not import the private key. Look up the transaction ID on a blockchain explorer (or post it here) and look where the coins went. Check again with that address.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 11:00:35 AM

Again--Thanks

A sweep does not import the private key. Look up the transaction ID on a blockchain explorer (or post it here) and look where the coins went. Check again with that address.

Yeah I meant the target address that should belong to your electrum wallet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: