Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:33:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Progress of Artificial Intelligence  (Read 716 times)
st0nefish (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 04:52:38 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_test
From Tureng Test period artificial intelligence has developed a lot more than everyday. Big Data, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning etc

How long will the development of artificial intelligence continue? Will they be on the same level as people can think and decide?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 05:02:34 PM

I would like to think with the advancement of technology we will reach there soon.
They say that quantum computing is just a couple years away.
So we might be reaching into the things that were only seen in science fiction sooner than we know it. Wink
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 06:41:25 PM

Most advancement in AI comes from hardware and transistor density increasing over time (moore's law).

Very little comes from progress made in software.

I would guess decades will pass before AI reaches a level near human consciousness.

Smiley
BitcoinPicasso

Activity: 134

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 08:34:56 PM

Most advancement in AI comes from hardware and transistor density increasing over time (moore's law).

I would guess decades will pass before AI reaches a level near human consciousness.

Smiley

Interesting I always thought that AI was an advanced form of software that's super complex. I had no idea that CPU power had anything to do with it's learning and decision making abilities other than taking longer on slower CPUs.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:50:01 AM

Interesting I always thought that AI was an advanced form of software that's super complex. I had no idea that CPU power had anything to do with it's learning and decision making abilities other than taking longer on slower CPUs.
Natural intelligence (in brains) is known to be an emergent property of the complex connections between large numbers of relatively simple structures (neurons). Neurons are sufficiently well-understood to simulate their behaviour in software, though a human brain has about 100 billion of them, which is far too many to simulate on current hardware.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
cryptocoinplay

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

https://tinyurl.com/cheapVPS200

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 01:48:41 PM

Artificial Intelligence has been progressed and have done some many upgrades in last few years.
This is the future of this world maybe.

st0nefish (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 05:39:31 PM

I would like to think with the advancement of technology we will reach there soon.
They say that quantum computing is just a couple years away.
So we might be reaching into the things that were only seen in science fiction sooner than we know it. Wink

Yes, people are dreaming first. Then they turn these dreams into reality. Much of what we've seen in science fiction films has even started to happen.

But quantum computers now have very limited features. They are preferred only for calculations in specific areas. In the future will artificial intelligence people take their profession? Will a world where robots can do everything?
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 11:44:05 PM

Not much new, maybe in 2020 when we reach exascale computing.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
st0nefish (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 11:45:55 PM

From Tureng Test period artificial intelligence has developed a lot more than everyday. Big Data, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning etc

How long will the development of artificial intelligence continue? Will they be on the same level as people can think and decide?

Most people are afrade of artificial intelligance development . Why ? Well i guess its all because of american hollywood BS in there movies where artificial intelligance takes over the world or destroy it or something like that . But i think artificial intelligance can be big step in improvement of humans life . When you create AI you only need to look on in (him or she) as an equal in life . And that is it .

There is nothing that people need to be afraid of Artificial Intelligence. Artificial Intelligence can not go beyond design purpose. It can only be designed to serve humanity. But the greatest fear is that: What if the design is designed to go beyond the design goal?
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 03:27:53 AM

Smiley

If you write a super complex software, the "brain" will still be limited by its ability to process it. The more complex the program the more time it will take to compile an answer.
Also, the software will only allow it to create an answer based on the directions the programmer has thought of. Meaning that if you ask it a question it will answer it, but it won't be able to formulate its own questions, ones that the programmer hasn't thought of. It won't be curious and it won't understand what it is and try to improve.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 03:31:24 AM

Smiley

If you write a super complex software, the "brain" will still be limited by its ability to process it. The more complex the program the more time it will take to compile an answer.
Also, the software will only allow it to create an answer based on the directions the programmer has thought of. Meaning that if you ask it a question it will answer it, but it won't be able to formulate its own questions, ones that the programmer hasn't thought of. It won't be curious and it won't understand what it is and try to improve.

Or you code a neural network then can learn, adapt and improve itself.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
st0nefish (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 09:33:13 AM

Smiley

Artificial Intelligence systems do not work like normal software. So they do not make fixed decisions. Artificial Intelligence is different from classical programming algorithms. Inputs and outputs are specified in standard programs. But in artificial intelligence systems, inputs and outputs may be different.

The purpose here is to imitate the human mind system. These thought functions then make analyzes on large data. As a result, you may get different answers from the programmer's coding.
st0nefish (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 12:14:38 PM

Most people are afrade of artificial intelligance development . Why ? Well i guess its all because of american hollywood BS in there movies where artificial intelligance takes over the world or destroy it or something like that . But i think artificial intelligance can be big step in improvement of humans life . When you create AI you only need to look on in (him or she) as an equal in life . And that is it .

There is nothing that people need to be afraid of Artificial Intelligence. Artificial Intelligence can not go beyond design purpose. It can only be designed to serve humanity. But the greatest fear is that: What if the design is designed to go beyond the design goal?

Friend i think you mixed up artificial intelligance with virtual intelligance . Virtual intelligance can not go beyond what you have program it to be and serve , and Artificial intelligance can learn on its own . Artificial intelligance is like human , but much faster because it can use computers and all resources possible . Virtual intelligance is just what it is Virtual nothing more ...

Have you ever worked on artificial intelligence projects before? Have you been investigating artificial intelligence studies and algorithms?

Artificial intelligence's working areas are obvious. How artificial neural networks work is certain. There is no concept of virtual intelligence.
The objective of artificial intelligence is nothing but imitation of human thought and learning style.
st0nefish (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 10:58:05 PM

Friend i think you mixed up artificial intelligance with virtual intelligance . Virtual intelligance can not go beyond what you have program it to be and serve , and Artificial intelligance can learn on its own . Artificial intelligance is like human , but much faster because it can use computers and all resources possible . Virtual intelligance is just what it is Virtual nothing more ...

Have you ever worked on artificial intelligence projects before? Have you been investigating artificial intelligence studies and algorithms?

Artificial intelligence's working areas are obvious. How artificial neural networks work is certain. There is no concept of virtual intelligence.
The objective of artificial intelligence is nothing but imitation of human thought and learning style.

I have not been working on artificial intelligence or investigating artificial intelligence much . You can find on wiki what Artificial intelligence is , there you can find that it is Learning and yes helping humans in various ways . And yes imitation of thought and learning style . Learning style , that is why some people are afrade of AI , and why i used term Virtual intelligence , because VI is made so it will seams like AI , but its programing is limited , and its not capable of learning like AI . So What you have put in to VI that is it , yes you can update it but it cant learn on its own .

I know very well what artificial intelligence means. I've been working on my artificial intelligence.

There's no need for people to be artificially scared. What matters is how artificial intelligence is designed. Artificial intelligence can not go beyond its design purpose. If it is not designed for a bad purpose, it can not harm people.

I think it would be useful to remember Isaac Asimov's three robot laws:

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

Asimov later added a zeroth item.

0. A robot may not injure humanity or by inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: