Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:59:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PinIdea.io x11 asics  (Read 5996 times)
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 01:20:04 AM

mine arrived yesterday for those still skeptical. not horrible considering the chinese new year. on a side note couldnt get it set up for a while becasue the deafult ip is set at 192.168.1.200 and my router was in setup in a different range.  All is well now though with no bad asics  Grin

How do you like it compared to other asics? I have one arriving some day as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klimpa

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 08:01:41 AM

To OP, when not just buy Baikal? Respectable maker and can mine 6 different algos and etc. Now even have group buy.
rpmenterprise

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 05:23:41 PM

mine arrived yesterday for those still skeptical. not horrible considering the chinese new year. on a side note couldnt get it set up for a while becasue the deafult ip is set at 192.168.1.200 and my router was in setup in a different range.  All is well now though with no bad asics  Grin

How do you like it compared to other asics? I have one arriving some day as well.

For the price (.72 btc )  and speed offered there isnt really a comparison needed with the other x11 asics.  It is much louder that the baikal mini miner I have but that is to be expected. The setup was easy and no problems running 24/7 so far. Would order more if they werent sold out.  The amazon user selling them for $1400 usd seems a little steep.
not.you (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 01:08:19 AM

To OP, when not just buy Baikal? Respectable maker and can mine 6 different algos and etc. Now even have group buy.

What the guy said in the post above this one pretty well answers that.  When I purchased it BTC was under $1000.  Baikal is expensive.  Yes Baikal does do the other algos but ROI on this unit is like 4-6 months which is way better than you can get for BTC miners these days.  Too bad they sold out, I wanted more.

Just FYI for anyone who gets one, there seems to be a bug with the DNS server setting where it appears not to update the DNS setting when you change from one static IP to another.  So for example when it arrives and has IP 192.168.1.200 if you just change the IP, gateway, and DNS and keep it on static it seems like it doesn't really change the DNS because with mine it can't resolve pools when I do this if I move to another network.  If you change it to DHCP, find it on the network, then change it back to static it seems to work ok after that.
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 09:28:54 PM

move to baikal, stray away from the dark side of x11

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
isoneguy

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 12:02:35 AM

Have you used any pinidea gear? I think there are pros and cons to both companies, they each fill a different niche in the mining community.

So far I've had the opportunity to try both the du1 and the dr3 and have mostly good things to say about my experiences.

I'll write out a proper comparison and maybe even some guides once I'm able to get my hands on a few mini's.
bittawm
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 12:30:25 AM

Have you used any pinidea gear? I think there are pros and cons to both companies, they each fill a different niche in the mining community.

So far I've had the opportunity to try both the du1 and the dr3 and have mostly good things to say about my experiences.

I'll write out a proper comparison and maybe even some guides once I'm able to get my hands on a few mini's.

i have never tried the dr3, i have tried dr1 and du1

i like baikal multi algo, and at least they have products in stock Cheesy

beware of impersonators
isoneguy

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 01:14:15 AM

I wonder if the dr3 could be patched for multi-algo or even a nicehash/multialgo setup so you can get the best of both worlds. It has a built in controller and an update-able OS

Having products available is definitely one of the pro's, a pipe dream would have me comparing the baikal mega and the dr3 but that's a few months away at least.

The real downside of the du1 is not it's price, but the minimum order size. I think they'd sell like hotcakes if you could buy 1 at a time. Ton's of folks could run a single usb du1 but 5 of them require additional infrastructure, like buying hubs that aren't properly built for the power draw. Plus half a bitcoin could almost get you 2 baikal mini's.

Lowering the initial buy-in cost allows more people to get involved.

Let me know if you ever want to sell your pinidea hardware maybe we could work something out.
bittawm
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 09:37:59 AM

I wonder if the dr3 could be patched for multi-algo or even a nicehash/multialgo setup so you can get the best of both worlds. It has a built in controller and an update-able OS

Having products available is definitely one of the pro's, a pipe dream would have me comparing the baikal mega and the dr3 but that's a few months away at least.

The real downside of the du1 is not it's price, but the minimum order size. I think they'd sell like hotcakes if you could buy 1 at a time. Ton's of folks could run a single usb du1 but 5 of them require additional infrastructure, like buying hubs that aren't properly built for the power draw. Plus half a bitcoin could almost get you 2 baikal mini's.

Lowering the initial buy-in cost allows more people to get involved.

Let me know if you ever want to sell your pinidea hardware maybe we could work something out.

products are never in stock at pinidea

beware of impersonators
klimpa

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 11:04:27 AM

true, they make one after you pay them. Would recomended Baikal over it, any time in a day.
bittawm
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 05:19:04 PM

true, they make one after you pay them. Would recomended Baikal over it, any time in a day.

they dont make them after you have bought them, they are just  flat out sold out

beware of impersonators
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 05:21:50 PM

btw when x17 will be added to baikal?
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 05:48:30 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 06:27:42 PM by toptek

if you want a Dr 3 i found a site that has them a few member's like philipma1957 and one or two others i know i can trust have ordered  here as well as me i just bought A4 136 mh for 842 shipped here

https://www.eastshore.xyz/shop/x11-asic-miner-450mh-with-335w-dash-miner/

or if some one wants a Baikal X11 Miner 900MH/s and can't wait for the next group buy here

http://deepinthemines.com/index.php?rt=product/product&path=43_74&product_id=162

They cost a bit more because it is  US based ....stuff all ways cost more in the US sadly and has for some time.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
bittawm
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:23:54 PM

if you want a Dr 3 i found a site that has them a few member's like philipma1957 and one or two others i know i can trust have ordered  here as well as me i just bought A4 136 mh for 842 shipped here

https://www.eastshore.xyz/shop/x11-asic-miner-450mh-with-335w-dash-miner/

or if some one wants a Baikal X11 Miner 900MH/s and can't wait for the next group buy here

http://deepinthemines.com/index.php?rt=product/product&path=43_74&product_id=162

They cost a bit more because it is  US based ....stuff all ways cost more in the US sadly and  have for some time.

haha I am the one organiseing all these group buys, also not interested in buying from a reseller for more.

when will dr3s be back or when dr4s coming out

I would like to contact the manufacturer but I am getting no response on emails

beware of impersonators
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:39:06 PM

cool i don't blame you that was more for others who want it now and can't wait like me  i won't pay more either i will shop around , like i did for the A4 i bought one on Ebay with out a controller for 1099 then a member here i misunderstood said he would have sold me one for 800 so i got a refund but he said would have so i did some searching and found east shore sells and I remembered a few members here  a while back told me they bought there ..

but i had to pay in bitcoin but I get 136 mh A4 with a Controller Shipped for 842 in about 8 days ...

it pays to  shop around ..and make sure the seller is legit ofc

according to that site the x11 dr 3's start Shipping again on  the  27th of March.

just to compare prices i went to all express i think it's called,... just to see prices ..

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
nick555

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:29:40 PM

Hi!
I got a DR2. Everything looks fine in the GUI in the miner dashboard. I get like 475H/s. 0% fail rate and almost no rejects. However, on nicehash web site, I only see X11 speed (accepted) of 315mh/s in average. Is it normal? Is it a bad stratum server for this miner?
the ping is 95ms
xnsub is enabled
didn't try to set diff in pw field. It shows 0.4  sometimes more or less.

Any advice?
Quakenet

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:45:53 PM

Hi!
I got a DR2. Everything looks fine in the GUI in the miner dashboard. I get like 475H/s. 0% fail rate and almost no rejects. However, on nicehash web site, I only see X11 speed (accepted) of 315mh/s in average. Is it normal? Is it a bad stratum server for this miner?
the ping is 95ms
xnsub is enabled
didn't try to set diff in pw field. It shows 0.4  sometimes more or less.

Any advice?

Hello Smiley Whats the db noise level on these machines?
nick555

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 04:24:17 AM

It's quite loud

Seen 76db on a site
Stand out above the whole server room. Not kidding
isoneguy

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 01:25:55 PM

It's quite loud

Seen 76db on a site
Stand out above the whole server room. Not kidding

You must not be running any spondoolies or bitmain gear.
nick555

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 10:14:10 PM

OP said overclock is not necessarily good on hash rate. I can confirm this on my DR2. I get a much better hashrate on nicehash (450 as advertised) at the default 400Mhz value. At 450Mhz frequency, I get 100Mh/s less and not much better with values over 400.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: