Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:06:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Memberships  (Read 1134 times)
hobbskevin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 10:55:13 PM

I don't know how many of you are aware but there is a new trend in high end hotels where they are half condo's and half hotels. You buy a condo in that hotel and you have the ability to actually rent out your condo for a portion of the year to hotel patrons and the hotel pays you a daily rate. You can make money on your investment not just with the rise and fall of property value.

There is increasing interest in this in many other forms of exclusive memberships with high earning potential and using crypto currency as the membership for many benefits.

I am working on such a project now and am looking for feedback on this topic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fordlincoln1

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:05:27 PM

Sounds like an intereting idea. I could see this being used in businesses outside of real estate.
What are you thinking of using this for?
hobbskevin (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:10:05 PM

Exclusive Clubs. Ones that do Events, have private engagements, some that have waiting lists that are months long and if you were able to be a member or rent a membership then you would not have to wait ever.
Frank Lefty Rosenthal

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

A.K.A. Ace Rothstein

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:11:28 PM

This is not new, We've been doing in in Vegas for the last 30 years.

Frank Lefty Rosenthal Signing Out.

The only part that's fun about gambling is when you win. Other than that, people might say the challenge is interesting, and most people enjoy the challenge, but the name of the game is win.
hobbskevin (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:19:41 PM

You are using crypto currency in your club in Vegas and an alt coin as the vehicle for membership? Please tell me more I have not heard of this in Vegas. Thats amazing since crypto currency has not been around for 30 years, please tell me more.
Frank Lefty Rosenthal

A.K.A. Ace Rothstein

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:26:40 PM

You are using crypto currency in your club in Vegas and an alt coin as the vehicle for membership? Please tell me more I have not heard of this in Vegas. Thats amazing since crypto currency has not been around for 30 years, please tell me more.

The trend on hotels you mention is not a new trend as you claim.

Just pointing that out.

Frank lefty Rosenthal Signing Out.

The only part that's fun about gambling is when you win. Other than that, people might say the challenge is interesting, and most people enjoy the challenge, but the name of the game is win.
hobbskevin (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:29:03 PM

Ahh I see what you are saying. I'm in Vancouver Canada and it has been here for a little bit not quite so long but it is really starting to take off and I'm being approached by other exclusive Club owners about doing this very model for their businesses. Thank you for your feedback.
Frank Lefty Rosenthal

A.K.A. Ace Rothstein

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:46:47 PM

Ahh I see what you are saying. I'm in Vancouver Canada and it has been here for a little bit not quite so long but it is really starting to take off and I'm being approached by other exclusive Club owners about doing this very model for their businesses. Thank you for your feedback.

If you're looking for feedback on the model its genius. Not only to the "condo" owners have the ability to rent out their condo on a nightly basis and of course get full amenities of a top hotel but it also helps the hotel owners off-set some of the initial building costs by securing a large chunk of money right away once the condos are sold.

hobbskevin (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:50:46 PM

Yes I agree! Which is why we are now starting to build this model into popular clubs in Vegas. Exclusive clubs with Exclusive clientele and Events. Using a digital token as the only way to gain access it has something that the current hotel model doesn't and thats the counterparty risk as well as the anonymity that some people want. Many other advantages as well as the tokens are liquid and you could sell them anytime whereas selling a condo could take a long time.
Frank Lefty Rosenthal

A.K.A. Ace Rothstein

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:54:37 PM

Yes I agree! Which is why we are now starting to build this model into popular clubs in Vegas. Exclusive clubs with Exclusive clientele and Events. Using a digital token as the only way to gain access it has something that the current hotel model doesn't and thats the counterparty risk as well as the anonymity that some people want. Many other advantages as well as the tokens are liquid and you could sell them anytime whereas selling a condo could take a long time.

Stop. Tell me more about your plans for Vegas?

hobbskevin (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 12:02:39 AM

We are working with a very well known group in Vegas they are now taking over and revamping a well established club there and they are going to only allow memberships via their digital token. We are just in the process of finalizing these details and plan to go live with everything soon. I wanted to start the discussion in here to get feedback to see what people in here thought as we are going to be bridging a gap with the crypto community and real world business with the club. You will be able to use cryptocurrency in the club to purchase drinks and services, discounts on luxury cars and jets and so much more. It is a really cool idea.
Frank Lefty Rosenthal

A.K.A. Ace Rothstein

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 12:07:16 AM

We are working with a very well known group in Vegas they are now taking over and revamping a well established club there and they are going to only allow memberships via their digital token. We are just in the process of finalizing these details and plan to go live with everything soon. I wanted to start the discussion in here to get feedback to see what people in here thought as we are going to be bridging a gap with the crypto community and real world business with the club. You will be able to use cryptocurrency in the club to purchase drinks and services, discounts on luxury cars and jets and so much more. It is a really cool idea.

I'll continue watching but from this post I dont think this will work, or is even real now that I think about it. But good luck and remember, I'll be watching.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 12:15:54 AM

This is not new, We've been doing in in Vegas for the last 30 years.

its new to us here who aren't into it. there are just none of the dev team brave enough to create an ICO for a token backed by a hotel business as such. if someone did, it could be great investment for us. and owning a condo  for rent in a city is a lucrative business.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 12:17:56 AM

use smart contracts to have the funds auto transfer on the day of or the day before a lease comes up
hobbskevin (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 12:28:40 AM

I'll continue watching but from this post I dont think this will work, or is even real now that I think about it. But good luck and remember, I'll be watching.

Please do. This is real and we will be announcing everything soon. I know its a new idea but one that has a ton of interest. We will even be selling the memberships in a pre sale that will be announced soon. You are in Vegas so when you see the announcement you will probably know some of the people involved as they are very famous there.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 09:36:02 AM

I don't know how many of you are aware but there is a new trend in high end hotels where they are half condo's and half hotels. You buy a condo in that hotel and you have the ability to actually rent out your condo for a portion of the year to hotel patrons and the hotel pays you a daily rate. You can make money on your investment not just with the rise and fall of property value.

There is increasing interest in this in many other forms of exclusive memberships with high earning potential and using crypto currency as the membership for many benefits.

I am working on such a project now and am looking for feedback on this topic.

I actually not aware of it, but its really sounds good to me. That's a good idea, if we are going to use altcoins as one of the gateway in the membership this will help us big into our community. Only the things more to do is we must innovate it more and modify for the benefits of the members.
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 10:29:08 AM

use smart contracts to have the funds auto transfer on the day of or the day before a lease comes up

No need to use a smart contract for this, a simple crontab can do it as effctively as a smart contract with less time, then just use a bash script to calculate/send funds, or, you can do a lot more things, without having to use a smart contract.

The idea is great, but i doubt it is used worldwide, i never heard about such hotel/condo renting in europe.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 10:50:40 AM

in Hong Kong, the trading of private (maybe housing) property is like what you are talking about, but they are not hotels/ condos; instead they are something like real estates formed by multiple housing unit with tall buildings inside that estate, in definition of 'estate' in Hong Kong, are considered welfare for base-ended residents; real estate means private property here.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 12:20:22 PM

this is a cool idea and a very awesome investment but there is one problem that i can not wrap my head around, and that is where an altcoin comes in!

the high end hotels get high end customers and high end investors and all of them will have cash (fiat) at hand to do the business not cryptocurrencies, and certainly not an altcoin with volatile price and not to mention unknown.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 12:30:26 PM

side not to your idea.  i know that everyone has heard of uber X and other sites/apps like that.  the site owners act as a middleman between say a taxi driver and the client.  well, one of the newest businesses of this nature allows you to sub-let or rent out a room in your home.  rather than renting the room for months or even years to a local person, you put your room up to total strangers traveling through town or whatever.  it is an app driven hostel basically. 

you could add a spin to your service, allowing very short term time share without the long term contracts and set up.  if a room was set up to be leased a year in advance and it falls through, an app could allow someone on a business trip to immediately lease/rent it.  the draw back to short notice rentals is security and not knowing much about the occupant, but if that other business found a way, you can too
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: