Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:59:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't fall for the chinese scammers trying to make you panic sell  (Read 2000 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 08:32:07 AM

It doesn't matter how much you warn/advice people not to sell their coins in panic. People are 1) not familiar with trading in general, and especially not the hostile market that Bitcoin is. 2) People invest with money that they either can't miss in their personal life, or they borrow money to invest in Bitcoin. In that regard, they try their best to not mess up and start selling to prevent further losses. In their mind they are doing the right thing, while they don't see how much they harm themselves. Another thing with these people is that they mostly always buy at the top, where it results in even more pressure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 12:35:21 PM

It doesn't matter how much you warn/advice people not to sell their coins in panic. People are 1) not familiar with trading in general, and especially not the hostile market that Bitcoin is. 2) People invest with money that they either can't miss in their personal life, or they borrow money to invest in Bitcoin. In that regard, they try their best to not mess up and start selling to prevent further losses. In their mind they are doing the right thing, while they don't see how much they harm themselves. Another thing with these people is that they mostly always buy at the top, where it results in even more pressure.

I agree. Many people are just overinvested.
Therefore they often tend to panic when the market moves the wrong direction.
Furthermore there are lots of different personalities in the markets.And a lof of them are easy to scare, the list of methods to do that is long.
Try to take advantage of that.Buy the dips!
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:57:01 PM

Totally agree. I will never sell my Bitcoin no matter how low the prices are. I never feel panic when I see the prices drop. However, I find that there are not many people are the same as me. Most of them sell their Bitcoin whenever they see the prices lower than they expect. That causes a lot of damage to the Bitcoin prices and the market. Poor those people.
We cannot blame people if they sell their bitcoin whenever the price goes low that is their own strategy in earning. The impractical thing is when you sell all your bitcoin because of panic selling and regret after the day when you saw that bitcoins price becomes higher.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 04:10:22 PM

OP is right again. Chinamen are back at it with the regulation news, and traders use it to create as much panic selling as possible to keep buying more and more and more dips all the way up. Those greedy bastards can never have enough bitcoins, they will dry all the panic selling noob's pockets forever. But as we see, the dips are weaker and weaker everytime, bull pressure is too strong.
Tanic

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 10:56:51 PM

The chinese are using the PBOC as an excuse to crush the price and short and use all the panic sellers on their advantage.

How do we stop them and fuck them up? easy, don't panic sell when they release more PBOC messages. If they see that they can't manipulate the price with those PBOC messages,, they will try to stop shorting and they will start longing pushing the price up.

I have no idea about how they can make the price for bitcoin to go down. Can you explain the technology of this speculation to me with some short and simple words?
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 11:18:23 PM

The chinese are using the PBOC as an excuse to crush the price and short and use all the panic sellers on their advantage.

How do we stop them and fuck them up? easy, don't panic sell when they release more PBOC messages. If they see that they can't manipulate the price with those PBOC messages,, they will try to stop shorting and they will start longing pushing the price up.

I have no idea about how they can make the price for bitcoin to go down. Can you explain the technology of this speculation to me with some short and simple words?
Imagine you invested a large sum of money into bitcoin and remember it is not regulated by the government and suddenly you hear that restrictions will be put on bitcoin transactions what you will do is sell the coins and convert it to fiat to avoid further troubles and that is what happened .

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2017, 11:21:32 PM

I think fake news about the chinese issue before when the price was $1100 and people are panic sell because of thinking that the biggest bitcoin farm will be close. i really don't know if this is the real reason why the price was decreases due to bad news. well its not a problem i think because bitcoin still pushing up again and i think the could be increase again back in that value..
We can not say its scam but you know bitcoin holders always afraid to lose that is why they are selling bitcoin first so that they will not lose and if you are late you will lose instead of making profit..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Tanic

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 12:45:18 PM

Imagine you invested a large sum of money into bitcoin and remember it is not regulated by the government and suddenly you hear that restrictions will be put on bitcoin transactions what you will do is sell the coins and convert it to fiat to avoid further troubles and that is what happened .
Well, I think that I would get scared of such kind news and chosed the first variant that you have suggested for my bitcoins. But as I get from your words it's all just speculation and I don't need to believe in everything that I read about bitcoin here.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 03:57:02 PM

The usual victims of these FUD gimmicks are those very new in bitcoin or very new in trading. Those who are not yet used to the volatile nature of bitcoin will think that it is crashing when it drops 100 or 200 dollars down. They will panic and sell at loss. But those who have been here long enough will take those dips as an advantage to pump their bitcoins. Bad news will always happen, FUD will always be there. But if you know that the technology backing bitcoin is solid, you will not fear those news. But instead take advantage of the weak hands selling their bitcoins.
dhampir-D

Activity: 454

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 02:08:31 PM

Totally agree. I will never sell my Bitcoin no matter how low the prices are. I never feel panic when I see the prices drop. However, I find that there are not many people are the same as me. Most of them sell their Bitcoin whenever they see the prices lower than they expect. That causes a lot of damage to the Bitcoin prices and the market. Poor those people.
We cannot blame people if they sell their bitcoin whenever the price goes low that is their own strategy in earning. The impractical thing is when you sell all your bitcoin because of panic selling and regret after the day when you saw that bitcoins price becomes higher.
Now that you've talked about panic selling, I think part of the recent sell-off is certainly related to it, because the end of these types of operationss in exchanges that do not use fees is probably something that will bring benefits to Bitcoin in the long run, and people who know Bitcoin very well know that this will not affect the use of it.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 02:55:50 PM

Now that you've talked about panic selling, I think part of the recent sell-off is certainly related to it, because the end of these types of operationss in exchanges that do not use fees is probably something that will bring benefits to Bitcoin in the long run, and people who know Bitcoin very well know that this will not affect the use of it.

What me and a lot of other people has noticed is that chinese regulations cause market crashes, which then get quickly bought up again. The first market crash was the worst one, right now is not as bad anymore, but it's clear that it's still something seen as somewhat negative even tho it's actually good.. the first one was a lot of expected market correction too tho, not only any related news. The priced had to correct, it was climbing too fast in a couple of days.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 03:39:04 PM

What me and a lot of other people has noticed is that chinese regulations cause market crashes, which then get quickly bought up again. The first market crash was the worst one, right now is not as bad anymore, but it's clear that it's still something seen as somewhat negative even tho it's actually good.. the first one was a lot of expected market correction too tho, not only any related news. The priced had to correct, it was climbing too fast in a couple of days.

so maybe you and lot of other people start having this also as a possibility that Chinese regulation or anything else Chinese related has no effect but the news of it affects the price instead. which means traders are taking advantage of the situation to create panic and sell their coins high and buy them back after the end of panic period with a huge profit.

--looking for signature--
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 03:44:52 PM

Investors and traders care for the profit so even they know what the is latest trend and the effect of it to the current price decrease, they are securing the profits rather than to hold it for long. They can back again anytime once the price went to decrease again so no worries for them if they will take out for now and entered later.

Only those long term bitcoin holders will not be dragged by this even the price went down much more. That's the spirit in their optimitism about the big price increase that will in bitcoin someday.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:15:30 AM

Investors and traders care for the profit so even they know what the is latest trend and the effect of it to the current price decrease, they are securing the profits rather than to hold it for long. They can back again anytime once the price went to decrease again so no worries for them if they will take out for now and entered later.

Only those long term bitcoin holders will not be dragged by this even the price went down much more. That's the spirit in their optimitism about the big price increase that will in bitcoin someday.

i wouldn't call it optimism, it is -in most cases- a good study of bitcoin and its future and then investing as long term strategy. and i have to say in the past 8 years this strategy was successful since the price has been rising ever since and the pumps like mtgox or the halving pumps were a good chance for others to get in and those who were in to make some profit and buy again.

Buying the dip...
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:26:22 AM

Very good insight. You just characterized majority of bitcoin traders. Nothing bu week hands selling at the first sign of bad news.
Furthermore so far China was plagued by margin trading, people were dealing with borrowed money all along, now then margin trading is gone they are panicking.
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:41:50 AM

The chineses rules this market so long ago. We dont have a chance againts them. They manage all the biggest exchanges and the biggest mining pool, so basically they owns the bitcoin ecosystem in self.
yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:55:09 AM

Whats stopping huobi Okcoin and other chinese btc exchanges from operating in another country that has no bitcoin regulation? Go right back to the way they were operating without interference from PBOC.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 04:58:57 PM

ive been scammed once thats why im not trusting anybody because ive once trust somebody but it turned out to be a scammed thats why ireally hate him for that beacuse he just said that i dont need to trust anybody just to pleasedd them just like that. make Chinese group of scammer go topolice station so that they will have a great sentence in life

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:17:09 PM

Traders are going to use whatever they can to profit from the market swings, they don't really care if the price crashes 30%, that's an opportunity for traders to gamble with and make gains.

Traders are like hitmen... they don't care and are just in for the kill. It's only the long term investors that care about the project being a success long term.

Those waiting for a big crash to short will never see it. There is not going to be a 2013 situation again, we are way more solid now. In fact, we are climbing back to 1000 right now.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:38:26 PM

Don't you think there is connection between PBOC officials and chinese exchange platform owners?
They have said that investigation will run for next 7 days and even more and in meantime price is pumping slowly now i think we will see another fud from them saying PBOC find money laundering activity involved to panic traders and dump the price to buy back again.

That had been in my thought recently, PBOC always butt in to cause fear and trigger massive dump among the holder.  I think this PBOC is actually acquiring Bitcoin and that when they want to short, they announce a bad press and voila, shorting is successful because of those people who will start to panic and sell their bitcoin at the lowest price.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: