Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:09:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thumbled BTC to other wallet, verified but never received them.  (Read 345 times)
jonezzz (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:43:28 PM

Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum and to BTC.
I recently downloaded Electrum cause I heard a lot of good stuff about it.
Now I did my first transaction. I tried to thumble my BTC thru Helix, The BTC left my Electrum wallet, but never showed up in my other wallet.

If I check the details of the transaction it says 446 confirmations, and counting.
Can anybody help me in what to do, or what is going on with my bitcoins?

Here are the details:
amount sent: 200.mBTC
Size: 374 bytes
Fee: 0.1872 mBTC

Thanks in advance!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 02:46:15 PM

Hi everybody,

Now I did my first transaction. I tried to thumble my BTC thru Helix, The BTC left my Electrum wallet, but never showed up in my other wallet.

If I check the details of the transaction it says 446 confirmations, and counting.

Here are the details:

Thanks in advance!

It might be easyer if you posted the tx id and the letter of guarantee (at least, i hope helix has a letter of guarantee).
Do realise that posting the tx id and the letter of guarantee will un-anonimize you, so if you wanted to break the bond between two of your wallets, you might have to repeat the process.

BTW: i hope you already contacted helix support? I've never used helix myself, so i hope they're not a scam mixer.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jonezzz (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:12:19 PM

Hi everybody,

Here are the details:

Thanks in advance!

It might be easyer if you posted the tx id and the letter of guarantee (at least, i hope helix has a letter of guarantee).
Do realise that posting the tx id and the letter of guarantee will un-anonimize you, so if you wanted to break the bond between two of your wallets, you might have to repeat the process.

BTW: i hope you already contacted helix support? I've never used helix myself, so i hope they're not a scam mixer.

Thx for the quick reply. I'm a total noob when it comes to BTC, so this maybe sounds like a stupid question but where do I find the tx id and the letter of guarantee?
Yes I contacted helix support but didn't get a reply yet. I don't think helix is a scam mixer cuz I read on a lot of different sites that Helix is recommended by alot of people. And I double checked for the right link.

Wich mixer would you recommend for future thumbles?
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 04:00:24 PM

to find your tx id, open your electrum wallet, go to the history tab (usually the default tab), find the transaction, right click it, details => the transaction id is at the top of the details window.

Personally, i've only used the mixer in my signature in the past, but there are several mixers that are trusted by the community.

About the letter of guarantee, most mixers let you download a letter signed using one of their addresses stating that they promise to mix all coins you send to address x and send the amount minus the fee to your address y.
Such a letter is the only proof that you've actually sent your coins to the correct deposit address...

Like i've said before:  it's up to you if you want to publish the transaction, address and (if you have it) the letter of guarantee, because the privacy of the transaction and associated addresses will be gone if you do (but we won't be able to verify anything if you don't publish them)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:57:33 PM

Yeah, the Letter of Guarantee is the only evidence you have of where the coins were supposed to end up. It looks like Helix might use something called a "Helix Verify String" instead of a Letter of Guarantee and there should also be a page at the end that shows you where the funds will be sent. You would want to double check that the destination addresses were correctly in your wallet.
Coin-Keeper

Activity: 758
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 09:33:05 PM

I am NOT affiliated with Helix.  I have used Helix via onion many, many times and I have never had any issues.  Fast, and dependable for me, and I mean always.  I have never traded an amount as small as what you are sending through.  The site states a 0.02 BTC minimum so you have met that criterion.  I can understand you being reluctant to post your TX here since it will de-cloak you somewhat.  Without that but trying to help somewhat;  you stated 446 confirmations which means that has been in the pipe for awhile now.  If you view your TX on the blockchain you should see the addresses where the coins are sent quite clearly.  Do you see those btc addresses, and do they match the address list of your wallet?  If you are using Electrum and the addresses match, are you connected correctly to an Electrum server?  Close down Electrum and mount it again and this time select a different server, watching to make certain the connected indicator on the lower right corner is showing a connection.  Is it?

You would have been provided coded information to keep as a receipt when you created the Helix transaction.  Are you certain which (up to 5 addresses) you told Helix to send the coins to?  I am simply trying to help you but so much info is lacking here.  Please let us know, because those 446 confirmations went somewhere and you can see where, but I can't at this point.

BTC: 1PYSBbuKM3kW19xe9TXJQfq64rPhd8XorF
Staked and Verified: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg17102755#msg17102755
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: