Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:52:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PRE LOADED OS's (Windows/Linus)  (Read 460 times)
forato (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 06:50:42 PM

i like to try all OS's to mine

For linux i already use:

PIMP
SimpleMining OS --> Free and the best one! (but uses old linux version)
ETHOS --> Very good now that we can use CM minier's

Any other good linux OS pre loaded to mine?

For Windows:

I did not get any preloaded Windows OS, does anyone know how to make a pendrive windows 10 to boot?

I found one to sell here:

https://mineshop.eu/software/60-gb-ssd-ultimate-mining-software-with-windows-10-detail

but i dont think we need to buy...

Tks  Huh
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 10:10:47 PM

If you already tested all these OS's, you could make some comparison, pros/cons and so on.

This is my signature...
mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 10:19:20 PM

PIMP
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 10:23:01 PM

so far iv tested

Windows XP
Windows 7
Windows 10

Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS which ever version that is XD)
Debian 7,8

Raspbian
Miner O.S
Debian 8 for orangepi

for windows i go with cgminer, linux i go with BFGminer simnply because it play more native with the com ports

dont see much diffrence between O.S's but the little device ones Raspbian, Miner O.S, Debian 8 for orangepi do have alot more isuse with the amount of devices you can connect and none have full power USB ports so its alot less stable

that said 9/10 i still fall back to windows 7 (xp is nice and light but kinda outdated) windows 7 is a nice balance and windows 10 is just fat (its designed to take advantage of newer PC's)

that said if i wanted to do a USB pendrive id go with Debian all the way and BFGminer, Windows does alot of read write to disks so kill a pendrive alot quicker than debian would (debian and linux in general tend to use ram disks as much as possible)

mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 10:27:38 PM

win 10 works fine I guess..
is there a way to make win10 installer with pre loaded software ?
forato (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 02:14:18 AM

so far iv tested

Windows XP
Windows 7
Windows 10

Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS which ever version that is XD)
Debian 7,8

Raspbian
Miner O.S
Debian 8 for orangepi

for windows i go with cgminer, linux i go with BFGminer simnply because it play more native with the com ports

dont see much diffrence between O.S's but the little device ones Raspbian, Miner O.S, Debian 8 for orangepi do have alot more isuse with the amount of devices you can connect and none have full power USB ports so its alot less stable

that said 9/10 i still fall back to windows 7 (xp is nice and light but kinda outdated) windows 7 is a nice balance and windows 10 is just fat (its designed to take advantage of newer PC's)

that said if i wanted to do a USB pendrive id go with Debian all the way and BFGminer, Windows does alot of read write to disks so kill a pendrive alot quicker than debian would (debian and linux in general tend to use ram disks as much as possible)

Can you send a link for more information about this miner os?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: