Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:41:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best CPU mining altcoin  (Read 5476 times)
DigiSoul (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:36:39 AM

Hey i want to start off with mining, CPU mining. I want an altcoin which is to be mined. Which is of a good price and can easily be mined. Please suggest an altcoin and also how it should be mined? Smiley
DeLion

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 08:06:26 AM

I'm mining nexus (NXS) at the moment. Relatively new sha3 altcoin with lots of potential and an active and open community. The coin could definitely rise the coming time and is easily minable in cpu pools. You can also just buy it as it is still cheap.
They have interesting new technologies  (and new ones planned for the future, like an internet independent cube sat space program.).
K1lo

Activity: 151

Moar mining!!! .. oh wait, that's too much

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 11:11:51 AM

I'm mining nexus (NXS) at the moment. Relatively new sha3 altcoin with lots of potential and an active and open community. The coin could definitely rise the coming time and is easily minable in cpu pools. You can also just buy it as it is still cheap.
They have interesting new technologies  (and new ones planned for the future, like an internet independent cube sat space program.).

What miner are you using?

Developer, tinkerer, miner, coin holder, hopelessly amateurish trader
LowEndCPU86

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 11:51:04 PM

Myriadcoin

Yescrypt Algo

Getting about 6 coins per half an hour on a core I3 pool mining.
manoel

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:40:23 PM

Have you found any calculators or results in any research? I thought of testing with some VPS, because NXS being in the beginning might be a good idea. What do you think?
DeLion

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 07:53:03 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2017, 08:08:24 AM by DeLion

They have interesting new technologies  (and new ones planned for the future, like an internet independent cube sat space program.).

What miner are you using?

I'm using the miner that is provided on the main nexusearth site.

Edit:
They have interesting new technologies  (and new ones planned for the future, like an internet independent cube sat space program.).
Have you found any calculators or results in any research? I thought of testing with some VPS, because NXS being in the beginning might be a good idea. What do you think?

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. If you have more questions you should join the nexus slack. There is always someone to answer your question.
I think NXS is very much undervalued atm.
kotikadze

Activity: 547
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 08:48:59 AM

If you do not have free electricity, I think mining is unprofitable on CPU, will be a big electric bill. Maybe you have one or two video card?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency  
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄████▄▄  
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
[
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 08:55:05 AM

Only shit coins are mineable with cpu's these days and I wouldn't waste my computer's resources on them. If you're serious about mining then you should get yourself some GPU's for Altcoins and ASIC antminer if you want to mine bitcoins. There are prearranged miners on the market too likevpanda miner which comes with everything already setup in the box ready to mine.
kumax

Activity: 182

🚀 🌏

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 09:07:15 AM

Hey i want to start off with mining, CPU mining. I want an altcoin which is to be mined. Which is of a good price and can easily be mined. Please suggest an altcoin and also how it should be mined? Smiley

You should try NiceHash miner. It doesn't mine altcoins for you directly, but you are "selling" your hashing power via their app and you get paid in bitcoins.
It really depends what CPU you have, you can gain few thousands satoshi per day, but I think it's still better than faucets etc.
If you want get into the mining world I think it's good place where to start. ;-)
freemanjackal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:44:10 AM

Only shit coins are mineable with cpu's these days and I wouldn't waste my computer's resources on them. If you're serious about mining then you should get yourself some GPU's for Altcoins and ASIC antminer if you want to mine bitcoins. There are prearranged miners on the market too likevpanda miner which comes with everything already setup in the box ready to mine.

not agree with that, bitcoin started by cpu mining, and the increasing difficulty have made descentralization/centralization a problem and turned mining just available for a minority
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: