Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:15:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone understand how Stratis is related to Bitcoin  (Read 807 times)
irukandji (OP)

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:53:21 AM

I did ask that question here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1512202.msg17541184#msg17541184    but did not get an answer. I will repeat here what I wrote there.

What I still don't understand it how the Stratis blockchain is related to the bitcoin blockchain.
If I look at another coin, say Monero, just to take an example, there is no relationship at all between the BTC blockchain and the XMR blockchain.

But...when it comes to the  Stratis blockchain and the Bitcoin blockchain, there is some relationship (even if only one way) ...but what is it?

irukandji (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:47:51 AM

Does no one understand Stratis?   Huh
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4936

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 04:42:54 AM

I just read the whitepaper after seeing your question. Looks like an interesting project.

Code:
The Stratis platform will be built on the C# Stratis Bitcoin Full node platform and
framework. The Stratis Bitcoin Full node will be developed on top of the NBitcoin
library,[6] a near-complete port of Bitcoin Core written in C# and .NET by blockchain
developer Nicolas Dorier. There will also be a C++ Wallet and full node version based on
Bitcoin Core, though the majority of nodes on the network will be NStratis (C#) nodes.
NBitcoin is a complete and proven blockchain framework that is already in use, and will
enable accelerated development.
Stages in NStratis development will include:
1. Development of the Stratis Bitcoin Full Node
2. Fork the Stratis Bitcoin Full Node for NStratis
3. Implement the required changes to NStratis and port Elements sidechains to C#.

https://stratisplatform.com//wp-content/uploads/Stratis_Whitepaper.pdf

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 05:16:00 AM

Stratis was developed to use Bitcoin full-node, I think Bitcoin was introduced for marketing purpose not that it is going to be running on Bitcoin network the way RSK is implemented on Bitcoin network
Krushang

Activity: 616
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 08:38:10 AM

Stratis are developing the tools for C# devs to develop, test and deploy blockchain apps on the .Net framework without much knowledge of the blockchain. The .Net framework is widely used throughout enterprises which we are targeting.  There are many use cases of this technology but our platform provides the opportunity to find use cases not discovered in the blockchain space yet.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░
██░░░░█░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░██
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░█░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
irukandji (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 11:15:20 PM

I just read the whitepaper after seeing your question. Looks like an interesting project.

Code:
The Stratis platform will be built on the C# Stratis Bitcoin Full node platform and
framework. The Stratis Bitcoin Full node will be developed on top of the NBitcoin
library,[6] a near-complete port of Bitcoin Core written in C# and .NET by blockchain
developer Nicolas Dorier. There will also be a C++ Wallet and full node version based on
Bitcoin Core, though the majority of nodes on the network will be NStratis (C#) nodes.
NBitcoin is a complete and proven blockchain framework that is already in use, and will
enable accelerated development.
Stages in NStratis development will include:
3. Implement the required changes to NStratis and port Elements sidechains to C#.

https://stratisplatform.com//wp-content/uploads/Stratis_Whitepaper.pdf

Thank you for your reply.
Do you know if any other coins have this set up?

Does this mean that Stratis can lean on or draw from the strength of Bitcoin in any way?

Thanks again
malcovixeffect

Activity: 714
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:04:30 AM

Do you know if any other coins have this set up?

if i remember recently there is a new coin which they are going to do it also and i think its another ICO coin.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:12:48 AM

I did ask that question here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1512202.msg17541184#msg17541184    but did not get an answer. I will repeat here what I wrote there.

What I still don't understand it how the Stratis blockchain is related to the bitcoin blockchain.
If I look at another coin, say Monero, just to take an example, there is no relationship at all between the BTC blockchain and the XMR blockchain.

But...when it comes to the  Stratis blockchain and the Bitcoin blockchain, there is some relationship (even if only one way) ...but what is it?

The answer to the question is in this interview with Chris Trew and Tai Zen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiUyO84MOkY

Particularly around the 20 minute mark and after
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: