Print  
Author Topic:    (Read 819 times)
flibbr (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:38:52 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2018, 09:30:23 AM by flibbr

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aianis

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 09:36:58 PM

I've never traded on Gox, but from all the rant on the internet and the charts I can say they weren't very successful in terms of providing the service people expect from them as the "largest" and "main" exchange.

I mostly trade on BTC24 (read: traded, as it's down now effectively setting all accounts and their balance in Limbo) and used bitcoinity charts for Gox to predict movement on our exchange. Wasn't very successful with the delay, was it? Not really.

One main exchange and lots of smaller ones with this level protection from DDoS attacks and insufficient processing resources is not the best model. My understanding of "BTC was the victim of its own success" through Gox is simple - BTC is ahead of it's time. Tesla was ahead of his time for reference...

I don't know what to think and I even stopped encouraging friends IRL to trade as I don't want them to get disappointed without having a lot of information. This destroys newcomers belief and reputation of BTC.

Probably all I said is what a lot of others think, so take it as another rant from the member of the community.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:46:01 AM

A personal rant:

MtGox's massive success has had an absolutely crushing impact on the BTC price and newcomer confidence, possibly setting back investor / consumer confidence by months or years.

Currently: Mtgox trading engine lag: 45m 44s
^ This is after their upgrades !!

As far as I'm concerned, MtGox has totally sealed their own fate... even if they do launch their new site which is faster and better ~ with new competitors coming on, as a matter of principle I will never be using them again.

You should be thankful for their bullshit "50x improvement", because think what'd have happened without that: 45 minutes 50x = over a day. Isn't the newly improved lag a sight?

Let's just hope that next time MtGox lies about it they "improve" by 1000x while not doing anything at all. Bigger numbers = greater success, right? Who cares if they're made up.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:12:02 PM

Has MtGox fixed this problem yet?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: